Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

NASCAR ruined itself,  Johnson dominating wasn't good for the sport but it was on NASCAR and the owners to find a way around that issue and instead they turned people off even more.  i haven't watched squat the last couple of years and I used to watch most and attend my local races but something just didn't click and Johnson been my guy since the beginning.

Well I disagree....and most of my nascar buddies do as well.....the chsmpionship is boring....yoj should be racing to win each race....like schrub use to do....jmo

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Rumors have Biffle going to JTG Daugherty racing next year :dunno:  Roush Fenway has sucked the last several season.

This is why Stewart / Hass switched to Ford, Jack Roush is now scaling back ( some effects from his plane crash - vision issues, plus a long term contract for Ford performance products ) an Ford needs new blood in francecar.  Look for Biffle   in a Petty car , Eric Scott has retired for family reasons. JTG like Levine family racing are at best field fillers imo, Tommy Baldwin racing did sell their  francecar team charter to Levine before the end of the season @ Homestead an Biffle owns the shop - building that Levine works from , soooo   :dunno:

8 hours ago, ckf said:

I was discussing the current points system with my father inlaw yesterday. While it does make in interesting right down to the last lap of the season, it just isn't the way a champion should be crowned. It's not the way the local short tracks crown a champion.  Johnson won it with the rules that are in place, so congrats to him :bc:

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

NASCAR ruined itself,  Johnson dominating wasn't good for the sport but it was on NASCAR and the owners to find a way around that issue and instead they turned people off even more.  i haven't watched squat the last couple of years and I used to watch most and attend my local races but something just didn't click and Johnson been my guy since the beginning.

NASCAR has gone so far from what the local short tracks are.  They need to go back to a local short track style.  I've posted on this before.

JJ dominating (or teams for that matter) isn't good for anyone.  Local short tracks all over the country prove that every summer.  One local track had a guy win every race in a class at it.  Guess how many cars were in that class come the last couple races of the season.  Not many, which is sad because it is one of the more affordable classes and that particular driver races 3 classes a night.  

Then there is the issue of cost to attend a race.  

• Like 1

Seems that the local dirt and asphalt tracks here in MI did pretty good this year, weather was a issue at the start of the season. Humpy Wheeler has always said that is where the real talent in racing is , but not for the corporate francecar  of today.

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

Seems that the local dirt and asphalt tracks here in MI did pretty good this year, weather was a issue at the start of the season. Humpy Wheeler has always said that is where the real talent in racing is , but not for the corporate francecar  of today.

We are down to 1 asphalt track in MN and you can definitely tell the ag and oil economies are down at the tracks here.  I'd guess the local track is short 5-15 cars a week because of it, depending on the week.  

I guess Biffle won't be going to JTG Daughtery next year.

Chris Buescher to 2nd JTG Daughtery team: Greg Biffle's decision to leave Roush-Fenway Racing Monday triggered a chain reaction that will include the slumping racing company loaning driver Chris Buescher to a rival manufacturer next season. Buescher will drive for a newly-created second Chevy team at JTG Daughtery Racing in 2017. Roush Fenway is expected to scuttle Biffle's #16 team, and that could make that team's charter available to the highest bidder - including the new JTG Daughtery entry. Despite fielding fulltime teams for Biffle, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Trevor Bayne, Roush Fenway hasn't won a race since 2014. By loaning Buescher to JTG Daugherty next year, Ford Racing will be able to work on upgrades with Roush Fenway while keeping one of its young drivers under contract. "I just couldn't do this anymore," Biffle told the Times-Union. "I've been the one carrying the company banner. I've been the one who kept re-signing. I was all of those things. But it just didn't get any better. I didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, so I decided I'd rather do something else - even if it means not driving anymore. I just didn't want to run 25th every week." Biffle said he doesn't have any definite plans for next year, but he hopes to be in a competitive car. "My passion is to drive a car that's capable of winning," he said. "If I had to bet, that's what I'll be doing next year."

• Like 1

A bit off from the circle tracks , I went down to Northern  Michigan Dragway in Kaleva  MI an saw some real nice cars . Wanted to get over to Great Lakes dragway in Wisconsin this last summer but never made time. I hear that the Brainerd MN dragstrip  parties are a hoot when the NHRA comes to town.  Drag racing has their issues , NHRA corporate fuck ups , plus the possible collapse of the IHRA. 

1 minute ago, hwytohell said:

A bit off from the circle tracks , I went down to Northern  Michigan Dragway in Kaleva  MI an saw some real nice cars . Wanted to get over to Great Lakes dragway in Wisconsin this last summer but never made time. I hear that the Brainerd MN dragstrip  parties are a hoot when the NHRA comes to town.  Drag racing has their issues , NHRA corporate fuck ups , plus the possible collapse of the IHRA. 

A neighbor back home goes all over the country drag racing.  He says there is actually good money in it if you can make it far enough into the finals.  My old man went and watched him the summer.  Said he wonders where all the purse money comes from, there was maybe 200 people in the stands and most of them probably came from the pits.  

• Like 1

A little spank bank material for @Dave :lol:

Earnhardt Jr. plans to get in a car soon and test: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. discussed Monday -- one day into the 2016 NASCAR offseason -- his plans to get back inside the race car on the Dirty Mo Radio podcast. "We're going to go testing this offseason," he said. "Obviously I need to get in a race car. I'd love to get in a car and go run a little bit somewhere just to shake the rust off and get some confidence. I can do the basics before we ever go to Daytona. We'll go do that sometime this offseason. We have to squeeze it in there somewhere because I'm getting married and have my honeymoon, and I have to certainly devote proper time to (fiancée) Amy (Reimann). But it'll be no problem. ... All signs point to us being in the car for Daytona." The Hendrick Motorsports wheelman, who was sidelined for 18 Sprint Cup Series races this year due to a concussion, has not stepped inside his #88 Chevrolet since July.(NASCAR.com)(11-22-2016)

junior should wrap it up,  outside of a couple years he's never been very good to begin with.  the fact a mediocre driver wins the most popular award every year is part of whats wrong with nascar,  time for some fresh blood and new heroes for those overly invested in the sport.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

junior should wrap it up,  outside of a couple years he's never been very good to begin with.  the fact a mediocre driver wins the most popular award every year is part of whats wrong with nascar,  time for some fresh blood and new heroes for those overly invested in the sport. 

I honestly thought he was going to retire during the off season. He's already made enough coin and will continue to have a decent income from collectables and endorsements. Why risk further injury at this point?

Just now, ckf said:

I honestly thought he was going to retire during the off season. He's already made enough coin and will continue to have a decent income from collectables and endorsements. Why risk further injury at this point?

overall i've always got the impression that he was only doing it because of the legacy not because he absolutely loved to race like a smoke or schrub.  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

overall i've always got the impression that he was only doing it because of the legacy not because he absolutely loved to race like a smoke or schrub.  

He seemed to get rejuvenated over the past few seasons. He's been great for the sport for sure. I really wanted to see Danica do better to help move the sport along. There's some young guys coming along that can help fill Jr's shoes. Chase Elliott comes to mind.

You dont even watch.....

Ya smoke sure went out with a bang huh....never seen a guy just go through the motions like he did this yr minus sonoma...fucking pathetic.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

He seemed to get rejuvenated over the past few seasons. He's been great for the sport for sure. I really wanted to see Danica do better to help move the sport along. There's some young guys coming along that can help fill Jr's shoes. Chase Elliott comes to mind.

Elliot is a good one and I really like Ryan Blaney....I liked his old man when he ran Cup as well. :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Cup went to shit once winston was no longer the sponsor...  they need to appeal to the new generation if they hope to survive. They need to get rid of religion and the american flag and hire some transgenders to drive if they have any hopes of surviving

• Like 1