NASCAR 2016

Looks like Harvick is staying at SHR

UPDATE - Harvick signs extension with SHR: Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) has signed driver #4-Kevin Harvick to a long-term contract extension. Harvick joined SHR in 2014 after 13 Sprint Cup seasons and his impact with the organization was immediate. In his debut year with SHR, the Bakersfield, California-native scored eight poles, won five races and led 2,137 laps en route to his first Sprint Cup championship. Harvick's title defense in 2015 was incredibly strong, as he won three races and earned career-best numbers in top-fives (23), top-10s (28) and laps led (2,294) before finishing second in the championship. Harvick already has a win, five top-fives, nine top-10s and 688 laps led in the 12 Sprint Cup races run this season. "It was a big decision to join Stewart-Haas Racing and it has turned out to be my best decision," said Harvick, who has won nine of his 32 career Sprint Cup victories with SHR. "I came to Stewart-Haas Racing to win championships. We have one, but that only made us hungry for more. I'm very happy to have my future secure with a team so dedicated to winning." Harvick will continue to drive the team's #4 entry and remain paired with crew chief Rodney Childers, who signed a multiyear contract extension last June. "Kevin's results speak for themselves, and in addition to those numbers, he brings a presence to our team that makes everyone want to work harder," said Tony Stewart, co-owner of SHR with Gene Haas, founder of Haas Automation, the largest CNC machine tool builder in North America. "Kevin Harvick has made Stewart-Haas Racing a better team and he will continue to be an integral part of our future." Stewart earned SHR its first Sprint Cup championship in 2011, with Harvick bookending that title in 2014. SHR is one of only five active Sprint Cup teams with multiple premiere series titles. "When you have talented people who consistently deliver results, you hold on to them," Haas said. "Kevin Harvick is an exceptional talent and we're very proud to have him a part of Stewart-Haas Racing for years to come

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, TheEdge said:

Im glad he stayed.  Im also curious to see how Bowyer will perform next year in smokes car. 

I really like Kansas Clint.....hopefully he parlay this quality ride into multiple wins.:bc:

8 hours ago, TheEdge said:

Im glad he stayed.  Im also curious to see how Bowyer will perform next year in smokes car. 

It will be business as usual and back on the leaderboard no doubt.

Bayne, Biffle and Larson all advance to the All Star Race after each winning a segment in the Showdown. Elliott and Patrick were voted in by the fans. Should be a good race under the lights tonight :bc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Bayne, Biffle and Larson all advance to the All Star Race after each winning a segment in the Showdown. Elliott and Patrick were voted in by the fans. Should be a good race under the lights tonight :bc:

Always a good race with nothing on the line but a lot of money.:bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

Too bad Elliot's car was banged up....  It was strong. 

Yes it was. Can they go to a backup car for the All Star Race?

Just now, small-bore said:

Who won?. I fell asleep and missed the end of the race. 

Me too. I fell asleep on the couch before the final segment. I woke up to Logano smoking the tires off the 22 celebrating his win :( 

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Me too. I fell asleep on the couch before the final segment. I woke up to Logano smoking the tires off the 22 celebrating his win :( 

Haha....I did the same thing.:bc::guzzle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

What I watched of the race was pretty boring for an All-Star race :dunno:

I thought the showdown to get into the all-star race was some great racing...  The first two segments of the all-star race were decent. Third segment kinda sucked.  Thought Larson had it, damn logano!

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM, TheEdge said:

It will be business as usual and back on the leaderboard no doubt.

• Like 1