Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Nascar died when the gay "chase " came into play. Drunk ass doper Brian France knows it. That is why the entire sport is circling the bowl, no one goes to the races, and ratings are a joke. JJ is 7th in points...that is not a "champion".....fucking gay.

^^^^^^^^    This is true, that chase thing is retarded.

I was discussing the current points system with my father inlaw yesterday. While it does make in interesting right down to the last lap of the season, it just isn't the way a champion should be crowned. It's not the way the local short tracks crown a champion.  Johnson won it with the rules that are in place, so congrats to him :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

I was discussing the current points system with my father inlaw yesterday. While it does make in interesting right down to the last lap of the season, it just isn't the way a champion should be crowned. It's not the way the local short tracks crown a champion.  Johnson won it with the rules that are in place, so congrats to him :bc:

Yep....look at the truck series for example...rookie William Byron won 7 races including Miami yet because he blew up at Phoenix he didn't qualify for the Final 4...dumb system.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Yep....look at the truck series for example...rookie William Byron won 7 races including Miami yet because he blew up at Phoenix he didn't qualify for the Final 4...dumb system.

It looks like Happy would have won it using the old system.

Unofficial Top 25 in 2016 Sprint Cup Driver Points Standings (not the Chase):
[after Homestead, race 36 of 36]
(using current points system, but not the Chase rules, unofficial)
1) #4-Kevin Harvick(C8), 1159
2) #22-Joey Logano(C2), 1133, -26
3) #18-Kyle Busch(C3), 1105, -54
4) #2-Brad Keselowski(C12), 1089, -70
5) #11-Denny Hamlin(C6), 1084, -75
6) #41-Kurt Busch(C7), 1055, -104
7) #48-Jimmie Johnson(CHAMP), 1007, -152
8) #19-Carl Edwards(C4), 1005, -154
9) #20-Matt Kenseth(C5), 997, -162
10) #78-Martin Truex Jr.(C11), 991, -168

Just now, Angry ginger said:

While I don't like the chase Johnsons won it fair and square 7 times against competition much tougher than either Petty or Earnhardt who for the most part dominated in an era where less than a 10 cars were competitive. 

Agreed. The competition is much tougher than it was ten years ago. Between JGR, HMS. SHR and Penske you have 15 (14 if you remove Danica) highly competitive cars. Add in Larson and a few others and you have half the field running competitively.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

IMO they should have done an F1 type scoring system where you got nothing for 11th or lower and get a significant win bump. That way you didn't have a champion who had won no races or maybe 1 or 2  because they never finished outside the top 20.

Eliot losing the 92 championship to Kulwicki is a great example of that,  Bill was the better driver with more wins and equal top 10's but the other races Kulwicki was better. Winning races needs to be the key to a championship not riding around all season in the top 10 or 15.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO they should have done an F1 type scoring system where you got nothing for 11th or lower and get a significant win bump. That way you didn't have a champion who had won no races or maybe 1 or 2  because they never finished outside the top 20.

Eliot losing the 92 championship to Kulwicki is a great example of that,  Bill was the better driver with more wins and equal top 10's but the other races Kulwicki was better. Winning races needs to be the key to a championship not riding around all season in the top 10 or 15. 

Another option would be to award more points than they currently do for a win. Nascar needs to do something because the stands are empty and TV ratings are down. It's not surprising that they are having a hard time replacing the title sponsor.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

While I don't like the chase Johnsons won it fair and square 7 times against competition much tougher than either Petty or Earnhardt who for the most part dominated in an era where less than a 10 cars were competitive. 

Petty yes... Earnhardt no.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Another option would be to award more points than they currently do for a win. Nascar needs to do something because the stands are empty and TV ratings are down. It's not surprising that they are having a hard time replacing the title sponsor.

Get rid of JJ and ratings will recover.

Just now, Dave said:

He's only won 2 out of the last 6. Back when he won 5 in a row I'll admit it was getting kind of boring. Funny thing is years ago I hated Gordon, this year I found myself rooting for him to make it to victory lane while subbing for Jr. Same thing with Johnson for the title this year. My how things have changed :lol:

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

NASCAR ruined itself,  Johnson dominating wasn't good for the sport but it was on NASCAR and the owners to find a way around that issue and instead they turned people off even more.  i haven't watched squat the last couple of years and I used to watch most and attend my local races but something just didn't click and Johnson been my guy since the beginning.

Rumors have Biffle going to JTG Daugherty racing next year :dunno:  Roush Fenway has sucked the last several season.

Greg Biffle, who has spent the last 14 seasons driving a Sprint Cup car for Roush Fenway Racing, has left the organization after a frustrating season where he finished 23rd in the standings, the team confirmed. Biffle had one year left on his Roush Fenway contract, but the organization does not have sponsorship for him for next year. The organization has not made a decision whether to field the #16 car in 2017; the team has a charter for that car, so it either must run the car, lease the charter or sell it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

He's only won 2 out of the last 6. Back when he won 5 in a row I'll admit it was getting kind of boring. Funny thing is years ago I hated Gordon, this year I found myself rooting for him to make it to victory lane while subbing for Jr. Same thing with Johnson for the title this year. My how things have changed :lol:

JJs style has runbed off on others....not many push their cars anymore....fucking pussies