Check your account email address ×

Son got busted Vaping

1 minute ago, irv said:

Exactly! My son started vaping at 15. There was no tobacco in it, it was just something for him and his friends to do and I looked at it like it was better than smoking cigarettes.

Times have changed and kids will be kids and that is tough getting use to being a parent, but remember, the more you push/discipline, the more they keep from you. Myself, I think I have a pretty good rapport with my son and I want to keep it that way as he talks to me about most everything. 

Speaking of Vaping, I have had one cigarette since January 2nd and feel a hell of a lot better than what I use too! I could care less what others think, say or do, but I know this is working for me so I will continue to Vape until I no longer wish/need to.

Someone should've told my parents this before they created an expert liar :lol: 

On 1/18/2018 at 12:31 PM, old cat man said:

Ok, so last night he got busted at all places, church parking for his youth group while sitting in his truck with his friends! And you guessed mom busted him as she got there late and wondered why his lights were on. And now we know why his bank account is low. He said he started this summer after his good friend died racing ATVs. But not sure if that is true. I think the whole high school peer pressure had something to do with it. And our good friend at church came out and talked to him, he is Outagamie Cop so hopefully that helped.

But big question how pissed should I be? I kind of chalk it up to growing up and most of us have done way worse but I don't want to make light of it and not sure what I should so he really knows that is bad for him. Plus with him racing it will hurt his endurance for sure!

Thanks

Introduce him to Snake while saying "here's your future, kid" in a mumbly marlon brando kind of voice. keep the lights low. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

vaping is likely not any better for you than smoking.....the only benefit is it stinks less. It is still equally gay as fuck 

Explain why I feel better, less winded and more energetic then? Like I said above, I could care less what anyone thinks, it works for me and that's all that matters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Explain why I feel better, less winded and more energetic then? Like I said above, I could care less what anyone thinks, it works for me and that's all that matters. 

Popcorn lung is a real thing. Be careful.

Just now, Wildboer said:

There's actually more diacetyl in tobacco smoke than a vape, so if smokes don't cause the popcorns neither can vaping.

I always thought it was the PG condensing in your lungs that caused popcorn lung, not diacetyl.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

But he FEELS better :lol: I mean there isnt any placebo effect at all to supplementing one massively demonized habit for one that is more socially acceptable etc etc etc 

Not much linking vaping to health issues. Unless of course you have the beginning stages of emphysema. Then you’re better off to continue smoking. The jury is still out on long term effects. But for the short term, vaping is less harmful than cigs. That my friends, is the latest research. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Not much linking vaping to health issues. Unless of course you have the beginning stages of emphysema. Then you’re better off to continue smoking. The jury is still out on long term effects. But for the short term, vaping is less harmful than cigs. That my friends, is the latest research. 

Like anything else......abusing it with overuse will lead to health issues. In 50 years faggots like you will be railing on about Big Vape and the evils they have perpetrated on the unsuspecting US citizen 

Just now, f7ben said:

Like anything else......abusing it with overuse will lead to health issues. In 50 years faggots like you will be railing on about Big Vape and the evils they have perpetrated on the unsuspecting US citizen 

I don’t really care. I don’t use that shit. Just saying what the latest research reports. I think over time, especially if a person started young, reparatory acidosis is a real possibility later in life. Just like opiate addicts experience. 

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

There's actually more diacetyl in tobacco smoke than a vape, so if smokes don't cause the popcorns neither can vaping.

Exactly! I am no health expert but do a comparative test with cigarettes and I am sure Vaping is a lot more safer/healthier than smoking. I am sure, just like cigs were back in the day, vaping is being scrutinized pretty hard due to so many young people doing it. Also the Gov't is likely losing millions in taxes so these studies are at the forefront more and more all trying to scare people into the pitfalls of it. http://vaping360.com/popcorn-lung/  I am not suggesting either one is good for you, and the best remedy is to never start in the first place with either one, but for those trying to quit smoking, I think these are a pretty good alternative based on what I know abut them.

14 minutes ago, irv said:

Exactly! I am no health expert but do a comparative test with cigarettes and I am sure Vaping is a lot more safer/healthier than smoking. I am sure, just like cigs were back in the day, vaping is being scrutinized pretty hard due to so many young people doing it. Also the Gov't is likely losing millions in taxes so these studies are at the forefront more and more all trying to scare people into the pitfalls of it. http://vaping360.com/popcorn-lung/  I am not suggesting either one is good for you, and the best remedy is to never start in the first place with either one, but for those trying to quit smoking, I think these are a pretty good alternative based on what I know abut them.

:iagree:  

:ben:

:lol:

• Thanks 1