Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Honestly woolie....do you think we have a correction coming or have we broken out into a new trading range

Short answer is I think were in a new trading range.  2018 was a minor correction, but like every other time in history, the markets come back and exceed the previous high.  Dont listen to Kev, he honestly is spreading really bad information.  What is drilled into our heads by our trainers, mentors and veterans in the industry:

investing is a long term exercise.   Diversify, rebalance.  Choose quality investments, if its a mutual fund, look for experience of the fund manager and 12b-1 fees of less than 1%.  Bull markets last longer and outnumber bear markets, dont quote me, i think the number is 7 to 1.  Last year the analysts We listen to said a 50% chance of a recession and correction in 2019.  Thats now been pushed to 2020.  Political whirlwinds, from here and abroad might impact that, but I think its safe to say that if/now that Trump has pretty much been exhonerated, that the rally can continue.  Valuations are supported by the earnings in many if not most cases.  There are no storm clouds on the horizon like 2008-9, when companies like Bank of America and AIG were in danger of failing, they have paid back their loans and have much stronger reserves now.  Fixed income investments remain a challenge in a rising interest rate envrionment, so look for quality and diversification, shorter duration, as a ballast or counterweight to your equity investments.  When the mrkets correct or go south, the fixed income should be stable or rising.

i dont claim to be an expert, or oracle or any other insult some of these dipshits want to throw out.  But I do this for a living now, for a Fortune 400 company, and we get wires every single day discussing all of this and more, so Im just passing it along.  Most of all, the average return on the djia for Over 90 years is around 8% a year, which is far higher than the rate of inflation.  In other words, a good place to grow your money, and a good advisor is worth his weight in gold. :bc:  

Edited by DriftBusta

I only made good money in 2017!!! All the other years it was only junk 5% a year, mostly on dividends. I also saw my life's savings get blasted by 50% in 2008. It took 9 fukken years to recover!! All the stress and worry is NOT WORTH IT! From day to day you see your hard-earned life savings go out the window.

I'm making some money now, because I've been in the fukken market for so goddamn long. I'm also so fukken old and tired I almost don't give a shit what I make. 

Do you know how much work, hassle and expense a 42' Fountain requires!! Fuck that!!

The market sucks. The stress is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. You can lose your life savings...…….OVERNIGHT!!!

47 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Your fund manager has it made.  All those funds have lost money  from their peak last year and he has you convinced he's made you 20-30% this year.    They are some of the best funds Fidelity has so you've chosen well but your one year return might be over 10% and that is before they take at 2-2.5% MER.   Or have I just ruined it for you? Didn't you know their returns didn't subtract the MER? You are a special kind of stupid.    

"Ignore the fact that we are starting after a 20% drop,  look at this 30% gain"  "Ignore fact that it only when up 11% since last year and the 2.44% MER too, that doesn't really count.

https://www.fidelity.ca/fidca/en/priceandperformance?view=AG&gclid=CjwKCAjw8LTmBRBCEiwAbhh-6K6O-AiM215Y6PD5qER6NAMDg7pyFwCqjti06OZIA5-Ynfmd6-FCpxoCphkQAvD_BwE

For anyone with an actual brain, check out the real returns on the fidelity funds. Don't be like Crusher and forget to subtract the MER.

Keep making a fool of yourself.  Those high MER's are included in the returns advertised for class B shares, I buy Class F and add 0.7%

Canadian Growth 1 year is 10.56, 3 year 15.42 and 10 year 16.35

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN05ZXY&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Special Sits 1 year 8.52, 3 year 16.06 and 10 year 17.88

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN0713D&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

The other two both have inception returns of 18.3%.

Keep it up.:lol:

51 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Don't take it too seriously, neither one of those idiots can work out returns.  

The stupid fuckers are claiming that you should be in it for the long haul yet are bragging about YTD returns because the market was in a slump up until January.  1 year returns aren't even 1/3 as good a ytd returns. As all good gamblers they only want to talk about the good returns.  Plenty of the fund companies they are jerking off to have more funds in negative territory than they do in the over 10% category. 

Don't get me wrong, you are a terrible investor and should kill yourself. But so should they. 

I'm up over 12% for the past decade, I personally don't give a shit about ytd (17%) or one year, its 3, 5, 10 that matters to me and picking the ones that can deliver that.

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Honestly woolie....do you think we have a correction coming or have we broken out into a new trading range

You will never time the market Ben, that aside that is one reason why I'm piling new money into private REITs, to diversify.

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

2-2.5%?  Who pays fees like that?   And who compares 1 year returns if/when they have been invested long term?   Cost basis is all that matters, and avg annualized returns, which almost always always always is quoted after any fees, at least here in the states.  Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if youre trying to claim AC hasnt gown his money at a far higher rate than inflation or those CDs you call GICs, but youve failed.

They are quoted here as well net of fees except for F series.  Its just the retard RevBeta showing his knowledge on the subject matter again.:lol:

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm up over 12% for the past decade, I personally don't give a shit about ytd (17%) or one year, its 3, 5, 10 that matters to me and picking the ones that can deliver that.

And we’re the “stupid fuckers”.  Smh.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

And we’re the “stupid fuckers”.  Smh.

Yah no shit.  

Plus, the idiot looks at a company like Fidelity and judges it for its overall performance, which is pretty dismal IMO for the assets that it manages. 

Like most things in life, it comes down to individuals that stand out among the rest.  They have 7 funds out all Canadian that keep getting 5 star ratings, two I have and are both run by the same manager, the other two do not have the longevity to be considered, one is the same manager and the other is Danoff.

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Short answer is I think were in a new trading range.  2018 was a minor correction, but like every other time in history, the markets come back and exceed the previous high.  Dont listen to Kev, he honestly is spreading really bad information.  What is drilled into our heads by our trainers, mentors and veterans in the industry:

investing is a long term exercise.   Diversify, rebalance.  Choose quality investments, if its a mutual fund, look for experience of the fund manager and 12b-1 fees of less than 1%.  Bull markets last longer and outnumber bear markets, dont quote me, i think the number is 7 to 1.  Last year the analysts We listen to said a 50% chance of a recession and correction in 2019.  Thats now been pushed to 2020.  Political whirlwinds, from here and abroad might impact that, but I think its safe to say that if/now that Trump has pretty much been exhonerated, that the rally can continue.  Valuations are supported by the earnings in many if not most cases.  There are no storm clouds on the horizon like 2008-9, when companies like Bank of America and AIG were in danger of failing, they have paid back their loans and have much stronger reserves now.  Fixed income investments remain a challenge in a rising interest rate envrionment, so look for quality and diversification, shorter duration, as a ballast or counterweight to your equity investments.  When the mrkets correct or go south, the fixed income should be stable or rising.

i dont claim to be an expert, or oracle or any other insult some of these dipshits want to throw out.  But I do this for a living now, for a Fortune 400 company, and we get wires every single day discussing all of this and more, so Im just passing it along.  Most of all, the average return on the djia for Over 90 years is around 8% a year, which is far higher than the rate of inflation.  In other words, a good place to grow your money, and a good advisor is worth his weight in gold. :bc:  

I see 2018 much like 2011 and many thought the markets were gonna tank south.  Just keep doing what your doing and sell when the business is no longer looking good or you find something better.  And by all means ignore the market noise polluters.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 5/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Polaris 550 said:

I only made good money in 2017!!! All the other years it was only junk 5% a year, mostly on dividends. I also saw my life's savings get blasted by 50% in 2008. It took 9 fukken years to recover!! All the stress and worry is NOT WORTH IT! From day to day you see your hard-earned life savings go out the window.

I'm making some money now, because I've been in the fukken market for so goddamn long. I'm also so fukken old and tired I almost don't give a shit what I make. 

Do you know how much work, hassle and expense a 42' Fountain requires!! Fuck that!!

The market sucks. The stress is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. You can lose your life savings...…….OVERNIGHT!!!

On 5/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Polaris 550 said:

Dude at a boat shop in forge village ( westford ma ) has a decent looking used smokercraft for $5k.

Address: 1 W Prescott St, Westford, MA 01886

On 5/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

I see 2018 much like 2011 and many thought the markets were gonna tank south.  Just keep doing what your doing and sell when the business is no longer looking good or you find something better.  And by all means ignore the market noise polluters.

The training and mentoring is constant which is pretty cool.  Our research dept is top notch and Ive already seen them make some pretty amazing calls, both buying and selling recommendations, so I dont listen to the bomb throwers, who have been around since the markets began.  I dont have tombe Alan Greenspan to do this, just use the resources of the firm and follow the program.  Clients will make money and be happy.

Lost a bundle today, thanks Trump head.

There goes my new Nitro. 

Now I gotta' look like a dork riding around in a 12' Aluminum boat, steering from the fuklken handle on the outboard!!! 

19 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

There goes my new Nitro. 

Now I gotta' look like a dork riding around in a 12' Aluminum boat, steering from the fuklken handle on the outboard!!! 

:lol:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

It only dropped 66 points. Buy the fishing boat I told ya about. Your a cock smoker, may as well drive around in a boat that says smoker on the side.

You suck dick and turn tricks, ya' fukken faggot. Get bent and pay some rent. :bigfinger:

Fuck off and die, you ditch-diggin' bitch. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

There goes my new Nitro. 

Think of the bright side, it could be worse.  I mean nothing worse than steering a kayak.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Know you're role.:lol:

Did you just derp some bullshit about "companies" .....all that's been moving the market is Fed news , trade news and other non financial bullshit. 

I'm short the small cap index.....you know what its PE ratio is if you count all the companies that have negative PE?

About 80 to 1......the market is spendy and over hyped. That's my call

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did you just derp some bullshit about "companies" .....all that's been moving the market is Fed news , trade news and other non financial bullshit. 

I'm short the small cap index.....you know what its PE ratio is if you count all the companies that have negative PE?

About 80 to 1......the market is spendy and over hyped. That's my call

:lol:

That's all you get.