Check your account email address ×

Let’s talk Jeeps!

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes but i am sure they sell a lot of them,  we have a local jeep dealer that does similar.  Kid who played ball with my son pretty much has that at this point,  started out with a stock JK for his first car and in the last 2 years has gotten all the goodies for it.  

It's pretty cool besides that completely fucked front bumper.

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Whats wrong with the way that synthetic line is wrapped. 

Looks pretty but no matter how much tension you will pull the rope down through the lays and cause excessive wear.  When the drum is full it should look like garbage and jacked up if it’s sythetic..  How it’s wrapped is how steel line is wrapped....  synthetic is suppose to be wrapped like this so it doesn’t suck down through the other rope lays.  You want to cross wind sythetic

http://www.samsonrope.com/Pages/WindingRopeWinch.aspx

Edited by BOHICA

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's pretty cool besides that completely fucked front bumper.

i like the metal cloak type fenders but i hate the bumper and front end treatment.  When the fenders finally fail inspection on the boys I'll prob run some sort of black tube fenders on them rather than throwing painted OEM's on.  I was going to sell it this fall but have decided to say fuck it and just see how long the thing can last him through school.  

40 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Looks pretty but no matter how much tension you will pull the rope down through the lays and cause excessive wear.  When the drum is full it should look like garbage and jacked up if it’s sythetic..  How it’s wrapped is how steel line is wrapped....  synthetic is suppose to be wrapped like this so it doesn’t suck down through the other rope lays.  You want to cross wind sythetic

http://www.samsonrope.com/Pages/WindingRopeWinch.aspx

That jeep is brand new and the winch has never been used. 

When you actually use a winch in the field the angle you winch from decides how the rope will wind. Once you are done for the weekend or day you are supposed to uncoil the winch line, clean and inspect it and respool it appropriately. I always level wind the last 2 layers of winch line. Those are coming off the drum when you pull the line out so it makes no difference how those layers are wrapped on the drum. 

I use my winches almost daily during the summer when jeeping. Never once had an issue with wire or syn winch rope getting bound down into the spool. 

Ive thrown this oot in the past but thought id toss it out again.  Any of yous guys up in the North East looking for a solid Texas vE  Hikle ????  im thinking of buying  and flipping sumthin next week.    so fahh im looking at 80s vintage CJs between 8-10gs

i would be driving back about 6/6 if interested lemme know    :bc:

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Ive thrown this oot in the past but thought id toss it out again.  Any of yous guys up in the North East looking for a solid Texas vE  Hikle ????  im thinking of buying  and flipping sumthin next week.    so fahh im looking at 80s vintage CJs between 8-10gs

i would be driving back about 6/6 if interested lemme know    :bc:

80’s vintage CJ’s for $10g. Oh my god.

You or anyone else in the market would be way better off with a 97-06 TJ. Way better motor, transmission, suspension, interior, airbags, body, etc. There is nothing about an old CJ that compares to a TJ and you dont have to spend $10g to get a decent TJ. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

80’s vintage CJ’s for $10g. Oh my god.

You or anyone else in the market would be way better off with a 97-06 TJ. Way better motor, transmission, suspension, interior, airbags, body, etc. There is nothing about an old CJ that compares to a TJ and you dont have to spend $10g to get a decent TJ. 

That depends on where you are.   8-10k is low end going rate in the lower 48 from the research ive done..         granted just web surfing but thats what im seeing.

i am focusing more so on a square body pick ups.

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

You can buy a clean jeepster for 10k. A CJ would have to be about brand new for that money.

Pretty much.     Im not talking about a wheeled beater here folks. Im looking at clean, tight mall crawlers loaded up with shit.  

Of coarse i can find a well used farm cj or Tj for short money.   Not what i had in mind to flip, ya know.   i found an 81 tub in pretty fair shape for 5 hundred bucks.   That would flip back east quick!  Now to find a good P/U for a song and i can turn them both for a buck. 

Im headed to denton tomorrow to check out salvage harleys for S&G

Edited by old indy

I’m going to have to call the police on my neighbor for smoking crack. Rust free 04 Rubi with only 21k on the clicker . No doubt about it, it’s clean, not $25k fucking clean.:lol:

585D9025-3651-4D31-B0E4-CB6C239E6D52.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m going to have to call the police on my neighbor for smoking crack. Rust free 04 Rubi with only 21k on the clicker . No doubt about it, it’s clean, not $25k fucking clean.:lol:

It’s crazy what  people ask for them things. Personally I wouldn’t own one cept  as a  driveway plow.  

20 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There is an 06 TJ Rubicon in Vegas on Craigslist right now for $27,500. Reduced from $29,995.

Unreal what people think these are worth. 

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

2006 Wrangler Rubicon.  11,000 miles. $27,500 :nuts:

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-jeep-rubicon-lj/6605864893.html

I just checked out 2014 Wrangler Rubicons and they are selling for more than I paid new.  

Yah, real nuts.

16 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

2006 Wrangler Rubicon.  11,000 miles. $27,500 :nuts:

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-jeep-rubicon-lj/6605864893.html

I would bet there are over 5000 used JK and JKUs forsale with in 200 mile of me. These people think a low miles mass produced vehicle is some kind of collector car. It reminds me of the HD craze.  All of those fools trying to sell their HD for more than what they paid new. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got back to AK this morning in time do do a little work on the TJU.  It rides and drives like new.  I picked up a Blue Ox tow bar in Vegas last week.  I brought home the Umbilical Cord that I got with the Moho last year.  Wired the TJU with a diode kit from Hopkins.  Brakes, Blinkers, Tail, and battery charge all communicate from the tow vehicle to the toad.  This thing is fun to drive.  

8DF74736-E807-421B-A483-A3BAA2C9B27D.jpeg

0B75C1C5-7268-4F0C-B933-DF43273E8CB1.jpeg

8D294B91-A5B0-43C7-9EF0-6B2591BE67BE.jpeg

3C08D947-4D2D-4C13-A30B-6A39C0256534.jpeg

4AE13B3D-E77A-4CC8-83E7-845BBE80A71F.jpeg

676CC75A-B988-405C-8529-9689CD4083AA.jpeg

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, AKIQPilot said:

We have a huge jeep club here in Alaska. I bet nearly 50% of the JKU owners are single females.  Almost every one of them is under 35. Most can wheel pretty good. 

We need pictures, of the women, and the odd Jeep. LOL