Check your account email address ×

SMH

Snake

15 hours ago, Snake said:

Good old Ford.... $1,500 for an A/C and a faulty oil pressure sensor.

80,000 miles.

Hey bro I don't revel in your misfortune but that's part of owning an f-150. The super dutys are good, f-150's are not built for years of use....

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I tracked two of my vettes and they are excellent on balance.  One of the only ones that are close to a 50/50 front-back weight split.  I think it’s 49/51.  You fuckers are some non-driving dinks! :lmao:

Yeah...I heard that whole “German engineering” thing too. Pretty much convinced it’s just their weapons at this point. :lmao:

Besides, capitalists caught driving Nazi rigs are getting “the wall” first!  I think I heard that anyway.  Not sure...it seems like a lot of these rules and threats are shit that is just made up on the fly for some reason. :lol:

Nazis make good shit. :bc:

So do those nips. 

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Same kind of experience with the MB.  Sorry, German engingeered stuff is just built better.  Just have a hookup for those times you might need an alternator or a wheel bearing.  Want to pull the trigger this spring on something, and I'm waffling back and forth between a Denali or X5 5.0.  Leaning German just for the day to day drive experience alone.    I get about 50k average for a set of tires on the MLs I've owned...you worse than that?  I have 19s on the 550.

Just remember buying that X5 isn't helping to MAGA :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They are built in South Carolina.

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Lots of engineering, design, executive, clerical, accounting, etc. jobs in Michigan :bc: 

So what the fuck is your point? 

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sure it is.  Just like my Toyota Tundra did. :bc: 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They are built in South Carolina.

BOINK. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Lots of engineering, design, executive, clerical, accounting, etc. jobs in Michigan :bc: 

If GM, Ford or Chrysler built a vehicle that was constructed and drove as well, I'd buy it.  Talking to a guy a few months back that had an 15 Suburban that he payed 65 gs for, and its been in the shop 13 times.  New air conditioner, front end parts, coolant leaks, etc..  I'd be throwing up in my mouth, if I was out 65 gs and had those kinds of issues.

Edited by DriftBusta

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If GM, Ford or Chrysler built a vehicle that was constructed and drove as well, I'd buy it.  Talking to a guy a few months back that had an 05 Suburban that he payed 65 gs for, and its been in the shop 13 times.  New air conditioner, front end parts, coolant leaks, etc..  I'd be throwing up in my mouth, if I was out 65 gs and had those kinds of issues.

How is it that I have a fleet of 20 or so GM, Ford, and Mopar vehicles and I avoid all these crazy lemons? Now I'm not saying that there aren't lemons, but I must have divine intervention or something going for me especially seeing that those vehicles aren't nothing more than tool or a spiff that the boss provides :news: 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If GM, Ford or Chrysler built a vehicle that was constructed and drove as well, I'd buy it.  Talking to a guy a few months back that had an 05 Suburban that he payed 65 gs for, and its been in the shop 13 times.  New air conditioner, front end parts, coolant leaks, etc..  I'd be throwing up in my mouth, if I was out 65 gs and had those kinds of issues.

Buddy of mine had the same Merc as you. 150 k on it when he sold it to one of his sales guys. Catastrophic engine failure less than a week later. He did the right thing and bought it back and scrapped it. They ain't all perfect. :bc:

I'll stick to my German brand of choice, Porsche. The other three make nothing that interests me at the moment.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How is it that I have a fleet of 20 or so GM, Ford, and Mopar vehicles and I avoid all these crazy lemons? Now I'm not saying that there aren't lemons, but I must have divine intervention or something going for me especially seeing that those vehicles aren't nothing more than tool or a spiff that the boss provides :news: 

Probably because you service them. Mine are all serviced on schedule ( privateer , not dealer) And I get just shy of 200k out of them.

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are over 80 light duty trucks in our fleet. The new Ford vans are having some problems. We warned the CFO not to buy them. He is a numbers guy and can buy them for thousands less than a Chevy, so he feels its still cheaper in the long run. My 13 Chevy 2500 is about to turn 100k,maint only been done to that truck. I know a lot of peaple in the construction industry buying and driving work trucks. The only problems I'm hearing from any of the brands is the new Ford vans. Nobody is buying the Dodge van because it's front wheel drive and it's size. Don't see a lot of trades working out of a eco 150 either ,most get the V8.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey I generally don't have problems either, all I know is I hear alotta guys complaining about the 3 American brands of pickups they bought, and all the problems.  

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

Buddy of mine had the same Merc as you. 150 k on it when he sold it to one of his sales guys. Catastrophic engine failure less than a week later. He did the right thing and bought it back and scrapped it. They ain't all perfect. :bc:

I'll stick to my German brand of choice, Porsche. The other three make nothing that interests me at the moment.

Oh I know, I generally run them up to about 150k and then flip them.  I bought this one with 16k on it, 2 years old for half price.  I've had it 5.5 years now and it has 127k on it.  Probably unload it in the spring.  This is our 4th one, and knock on wood, bought them all right, and they were good to us.  This had a power steering fluid reservoir crack, last year when I started it and probably moved it around before it had a chance to warm up in -20 weather.  Kind of a fluke thing.  My folks had a couple as well, and the old mans S420 shit the bed with about 100k on it.  I think the timing chain went or something.  The other one was an 03 E320, that ma just sold for 5 grand with 52k original miles on it.  I would have bought it if it was a 4 matic, but between that and the fact that it smelled like an ash tray from her and her bf smoking in it, no thanks.

Edited by DriftBusta