Check your account email address ×

SMH

Snake

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's small inside with no back seat room at all,  i think the traverse is better in most ways,  but for just myself it's got just enough power and the stereo is decent so it works for me.  If it wasn't for the handful of times i've been inconvenienced by not having a truck bed i would say i can pound it for another 2-3 years and 50-60k miles but one day I will go and pull the trigger on a new pickup i am sure or I need to find a good enough deal on a used one to dump the boys jeep and let him drive the pickup so i have one in the household.  

I deal with Townsend ford. Their prices cant be beat. When I bought my 2015 f 250 they were 6k less then Unique for the same truck.

Just now, Snake said:

Well, I'm on my 5th and will surely buy another.

Stalemate.

My first 5 series fell apart 5k after warranty.  And I mean...epic failures.  I figured maybe it was just a lemmon so we picked up a used 2007 X5 with for my daughter.  I've busted my knuckles in it half a dozen times now and it's been in the shop at least once a month since we've had it.  That's it for me.  Just not my brand.  

Sold the 330i to get my 350Z.

2 325xi, handed them both down to the daughters. Both over 220k now.

328i convertible. Wear items.

X5, nothing but maintenance and recall work on the history, and I forgot I had to swap out 1 coil. $50 and 30 minutes.

But don't get me started on tire wear.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not my 4 place. Scottie Sidewinder's.

Wife want me to get a 2 place and a trailer hitch. 6,000 pound capacity.... :bc:

I will always have a truck. I still haul my own trash, do my own landscaping etc.  I'm not GardenCart Dave.

:lol: poor Daive

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not my 4 place. Scottie Sidewinder's.

Wife want me to get a 2 place and a trailer hitch. 6,000 pound capacity.... :bc:

I will always have a truck. I still haul my own trash, do my own landscaping etc.  I'm not GardenCart Dave.

Why do I feel this name comes with some funny ass pictures or a short story?

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I deal with Townsend ford. Their prices cant be beat. When I bought my 2015 f 250 they were 6k less then Unique for the same truck.

port ford is 1/4 mile from my office and after they fucked my wife on some service work i struggle to even go there for recall stuff but i sucked it up this week as Hampton Ford just fucked my friends wife over christmas.  in both cases they thought they could take advantage of a women who knows nothing and gambled the husbands would be too big of pussies to address it.  Well they were wrong,  my wifes $700 40k mile service got knocked back to what the maint schedule required which was about 150 and my buddy got his cut by 700 after a written 1000 estimate turned into a 1700 charge before they would release the vehicle to her.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Id get another vette before id ever buy a bmw for fun.

Vettes are evil handling pieces of shit. Every vette owner I’ve known make excuses for the problems their cars have had. Every single one. BMW’s aren’t just fun, they’re  practical. 

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Vettes are evil handling pieces of shit. Every vette owner I’ve known make excuses for the problems their cars have had. Every single one. BMW’s aren’t just fun, they’re  practical. 

Well ive had a few and they were great...older and newer. Ive never had just a vette...so dont care about practical.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Well ive had a few and they were great...older and newer. Ive never had just a vette...so dont care about practical.

I can stick a bike rack on top of the 135 and fill the trunk with suitcases and coolers. That’s important for long distance, summer road trips. At the same time it’s ready to eat up a Colorado canyon road. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I can stick a bike rack on top of the 135 and fill the trunk with suitcases and coolers. That’s important for long distance, summer road trips. At the same time it’s ready to eat up a Colorado canyon road. 

I can do that with any of my pick ups and more...and pull a trailer....a not get reamed at the dealer.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Snake said:

The X5 with more miles has been flawless.

I take that back, the hood froze shut last week. :lmao:

Yeah but it's not a pickup and everybody is well aware of how flawless your used BMWs are.

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I've had a blast with Vettes on the track, incredible handling. I've drove a C7 at the track below, this guy is driving like a girl at the 1:40 mark starts a straight where he should hit 130 before braking deep with a NA 6.2.

Edited by Mileage Psycho

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've had a blast with Vettes on the track, incredible handling. I've drove a C7 at the track below, this guy is driving like a girl at the 1:40 mark starts a straight where he should hit 130 before braking deep with a NA 6.2.

With nannies all at work the vette is fine. Without them it’s a evil car. You can’t deny that.  The last generation of vette is basically a warmed up ham sandwich in the shadow of the mid-engine release. 

I prefer the balance feel of a beemer or Audi. 

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Well, I'm on my 5th and will surely buy another.

Stalemate.

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Sold the 330i to get my 350Z.

2 325xi, handed them both down to the daughters. Both over 220k now.

328i convertible. Wear items.

X5, nothing but maintenance and recall work on the history, and I forgot I had to swap out 1 coil. $50 and 30 minutes.

But don't get me started on tire wear.

Same kind of experience with the MB.  Sorry, German engingeered stuff is just built better.  Just have a hookup for those times you might need an alternator or a wheel bearing.  Want to pull the trigger this spring on something, and I'm waffling back and forth between a Denali or X5 5.0.  Leaning German just for the day to day drive experience alone.    I get about 50k average for a set of tires on the MLs I've owned...you worse than that?  I have 19s on the 550.

Edited by DriftBusta

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

With nannies all at work the vette is fine. Without them it’s a evil car. You can’t deny that.  The last generation of vette is basically a warmed up ham sandwich in the shadow of the mid-engine release. 

I tracked two of my vettes and they are excellent on balance.  One of the only ones that are close to a 50/50 front-back weight split.  I think it’s 49/51.  You fuckers are some non-driving dinks! :lmao:

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Same kind of experience with the MB.  Sorry, German engingeered stuff is just built better.  Just have a hookup for those times you might need an alternator or a wheel bearing.  Want to pull the trigger this spring on something, and I'm waffling back and forth between a Denali or X5 5.0.  Leaning German just for the day to day drive experience alone.    I get about 50k average for a set of tires on the MLs I've owned...you worse than that?  I have 19s on the 550.

Yeah...I heard that whole “German engineering” thing too. Pretty much convinced it’s just their weapons at this point. :lmao:

Besides, capitalists caught driving Nazi rigs are getting “the wall” first!  I think I heard that anyway.  Not sure...it seems like a lot of these rules and threats are shit that is just made up on the fly for some reason. :lol:

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Prefer? How many vettes have you owned?

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I've only put 20k on the thing so far.