Check your account email address ×

#Winning

Snake

On the heels of companies dishing bonuses of up to $3,000 to over one million workers due to the anticipated benefit of President Trump’s tax reform victory, several major utilities have announced plans to cut rates in a consumer payback related to the lower taxes.

Energy suppliers like Washington’s Pepco, Baltimore Gas and Light, Pacific Power, Rocky Mountain Power and Commonwealth Edison said they plan to give hundreds of thousands of customers a rate cut due to the tax reform.

The taxpayer advocate group Americans for Tax Reform is pulling together the list of utilities expected to apply for a rate cut as it has for more than 100 major firms planning to pay out bonuses, higher wages and increased benefits due to the expected windfall they plan to receive when corporate taxes are cut.

In one announcement typical of those from the utilities sharing their tax benefits, Pacific Power said, “The benefit of this tax cut should be passed on to our customers – and we will work with our regulators and stakeholders on the best way to do that.”

Here are ATR’s examples:

Baltimore Gas & Electric – the utility is passing on $82 million worth of tax savings, resulting in lower gas and electric bills for customers:

Today BGE will file with the Maryland Public Service Commission (PSC) to pass approximately $82 million in annual tax savings to customers, resulting from federal tax cost reductions. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which decreased the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017 and became effective on Jan. 1, 2018. If approved by the PSC, the average BGE residential electric customer can expect to see an estimated $2.31 decrease on their monthly bill, and the average residential combined natural gas and electric customer can expect an estimated $4.27 monthly reduction, effective in February 2018.

“Reduced tax costs create an opportunity for BGE customers to benefit from further decreases in their total energy bills,” said Calvin G. Butler Jr, chief executive officer of BGE. – Jan. 5, 2018 Baltimore Gas & Electric press release

Pacific Power – the utility will pass along tax savings to customers:

The new Republican tax plan has brought a variety of tax cuts. Pacific Power says they are committed to passing the benefit of this tax cut on to customers.

“We strive to provide our customers reliable service while keeping rates low,” said Stefan Bird, President and CEO of Pacific Power. “The benefit of this tax cut should be passed on to our customers – and we will work with our regulators and stakeholders on the best way to do that.” – Jan. 3, 2018 My Columbia Basin article excerpt

Pepco – the utility will pass along tax savings to customers:

Pepco today announced they will file with the Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia in early February, outlining plans to provide annual tax savings to more than 296,000 electric customers in the District of Columbia. If approved, Pepco would plan to begin providing a credit lowering customer bills starting in the first quarter of 2018.

The tax savings are the result of federal tax reductions under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017, and became effective on Jan. 1, 2018. The decrease in the Corporate Tax Rate from 35 percent to 21 percent reduces the amount of federal income tax Pepco will have to pay.

“The tax law will result in lower bills for our customers and lower taxes for Pepco,” said Dave Velazquez, President and CEO, Pepco Holdings, which includes Pepco. “We are pleased to provide these savings to our customers, while at the same time ensuring we are making prudent investments in the local power grid to maintain the safe, reliable, and affordable service our customers have come to expect.” – Jan. 5, 2018 Pepco press release

Rocky Mountain Power – the utility will pass along tax savings to customers:

Rocky Mountain Power says it plans to pass some of its federal tax savings on to customers. But, the company isn't sure how much or when. – Jan. 4 Local News 8 article excerpt

Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd) – the utility is passing on $200 million worth of tax savings to its customers:

Today ComEd is filing a petition with the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) seeking approval to pass along approximately $200 million in tax savings to its customers in 2018. If approved by the ICC, the average ComEd residential customer can expect to see an estimated $2-$3 decrease on their monthly bill related to the tax reduction.

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017 and became effective on Jan. 1, 2018, decreased the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, reducing the amount of federal income tax ComEd will have to pay. – Jan. 5 Commonwealth Edison Company press release

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/utilities-cutting-rates-cite-benefits-of-trump-tax-reform/article/2645375

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd be curious on how many of these would be automatic based off regulations on profits.   The pat on the back might well be just for those who passed the tax cut and not much to do with the companies themselves as they have no choice.   

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd be curious on how many of these would be automatic based off regulations on profits.   The pat on the back might well be just for those who passed the tax cut and not much to do with the companies themselves as they have no choice.   

You may be right, but the important thing here is the average joe is going to save some money every month.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You may be right, but the important thing here is the average joe is going to save some money every month.

If approved by the PSC, the average BGE residential electric customer can expect to see an estimated $2.31 decrease on their monthly bill, and the average residential combined natural gas and electric customer can expect an estimated $4.27 monthly reduction, effective in February 2018

:lol:

Baltimore Gas & Electric with revenues of $3.2B is going to give back 2/100th's of their revenue, just keeping it in perspective. In any event it's a great marketing item :bc: 

$82M amongst 1.2 million customers comes out to $68.33 per customer, so take the old lady out for a drink and a pizza on BG&E :thumbsup: 

https://finance.google.com/finance?q=OTCMKTS:BGLEP&fstype=ii&ei=4CG-WbHRM4XpmAG81b3QCQ

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

If approved by the PSC, the average BGE residential electric customer can expect to see an estimated $2.31 decrease on their monthly bill, and the average residential combined natural gas and electric customer can expect an estimated $4.27 monthly reduction, effective in February 2018

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Baltimore Gas & Electric with revenues of $3.2B is going to give back 2/100th's of their revenue, just keeping it in perspective. In any event it's a great marketing item :bc: 

$82M amongst 1.2 million customers comes out to $68.33 per customer, so take the old lady out for a drink and a pizza on BG&E :thumbsup: 

https://finance.google.com/finance?q=OTCMKTS:BGLEP&fstype=ii&ei=4CG-WbHRM4XpmAG81b3QCQ

Please, compare this to other previous years and let the rest of us know what happened and why.  I mean, it's just a marketing item, and such a  negligible amount that they should have done this in the past.

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How old are you guys?? still have little kids living at home with you?? like elementary and grade school age kids?? 

6 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Every 2 months you can take your savings and treat yourself to a Starbucks.

I dont think you understand that the people who would appreciate an extra $70 a year saving on/in their electric bill dont go to Starbucks...SMH....

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I dont think you understand that the people who would appreciate an extra $70 a year saving on/in their electric bill dont go to Starbucks...SMH....

The comments from the trump haters are really something this morning.

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

But they probably smoke, drink and play the lottery

• Like 1

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

But they probably smoke, drink and play the lottery

Oh course they do, I see it every single day, Pull out their IBT card and grocery shop at the gas station, then a wad of cash for smokes, booze, and lotto...they also vote Dem for the most part...

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Speaking of cable , got my Comcast bill today. phone internet and limited tv  $221 , seems it was $202 last month.

beat the fuck out of them,  i am down to 100/mo + tax although i lost a couple of channels i watch to get there.  I was pissed they will give a new customer what i wanted for 79.99/mo then they told me best they could do for me as an existing one was $139.99/mo.  after some effort i got the new customer deal,  found their online support forum worked better than the douches i got on the phone.  does piss me off still that I have to pay $20/mo more for 2 more boxes

I also bought my own modem,  no way i'm paying those fuckers $10/mo for it.  

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/11/walmart-boosts-pay-for-one-million-u-s-workers-tax-reform-is-reason-why.html

#winning

1. Bonuses

The company said it will be giving a one-time bonus to all eligible full and part-time hourly associates in the U.S. The amount of the bonus will be based on length of service, with associates with at least 20 years qualifying for $1,000.

• 2. Increased Wages

Beginning Feb. 17th, Walmart will increase its starting wage rate to $11 an hour. The change is in addition to wage increases already planned for many U.S. markets in the coming fiscal year and the increase applies to all hourly associates in the nation, including stores, Sam’s Clubs, e-commerce, logistics and Home Office, the company said.

• 3. Parental and Maternity Leave

Walmart said it has expanded its parental and maternity leave in the U.S. with 10 weeks of paid maternity leave and six weeks of paid parental leave. Salaried associates will also receive six weeks of paid parental leave.

• 4. Adoption Services

Walmart added that it will provide financial assistance to associates adopting a child. The adoption benefit, available to both full-time hourly and salaried associates, will total $5,000 per child and may be used for expenses such as adoption agency fees, translation fees and legal or court costs.

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

beat the fuck out of them,  i am down to 100/mo + tax although i lost a couple of channels i watch to get there.  I was pissed they will give a new customer what i wanted for 79.99/mo then they told me best they could do for me as an existing one was $139.99/mo.  after some effort i got the new customer deal,  found their online support forum worked better than the douches i got on the phone.  does piss me off still that I have to pay $20/mo more for 2 more boxes

I also bought my own modem,  no way i'm paying those fuckers $10/mo for it.  

I may go back to fairpoint and direct tv. When I first moved in direct said too many trees but I have had the place logged since then.

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I may go back to fairpoint and direct tv. When I first moved in direct said too many trees but I have had the place logged since then.

end of the day i couldn't get it really any cheaper going that route,  i hate fairpoint more than almost any other utility provider i have ever had.  

37 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/11/walmart-boosts-pay-for-one-million-u-s-workers-tax-reform-is-reason-why.html

#winning

1. Bonuses

The company said it will be giving a one-time bonus to all eligible full and part-time hourly associates in the U.S. The amount of the bonus will be based on length of service, with associates with at least 20 years qualifying for $1,000.

• 2. Increased Wages

Beginning Feb. 17th, Walmart will increase its starting wage rate to $11 an hour. The change is in addition to wage increases already planned for many U.S. markets in the coming fiscal year and the increase applies to all hourly associates in the nation, including stores, Sam’s Clubs, e-commerce, logistics and Home Office, the company said.

• 3. Parental and Maternity Leave

Walmart said it has expanded its parental and maternity leave in the U.S. with 10 weeks of paid maternity leave and six weeks of paid parental leave. Salaried associates will also receive six weeks of paid parental leave.

• 4. Adoption Services

Walmart added that it will provide financial assistance to associates adopting a child. The adoption benefit, available to both full-time hourly and salaried associates, will total $5,000 per child and may be used for expenses such as adoption agency fees, translation fees and legal or court costs.

:bc:

Fuckin Walmart.

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

end of the day i couldn't get it really any cheaper going that route,  i hate fairpoint more than almost any other utility provider i have ever had.  

I had em when I lived in Nashua , wasn't bad. With Comcast not 1 week in the last 6 yrs has gone by where either tv , phone or internet hasn't gone down.