Check your account email address ×

Hey CKF

3 minutes ago, irv said:

No wonder you can't stand the cold anymore, you live in constantly!

Our's is set at 68 during the day and 67 for sleeping. 64 is way too cold, imo.

64 is fine as long as I have a fleece top on. It's the below zero shit outside that sucks.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

64 is fine as long as I have a fleece top on. It's the below zero shit outside that sucks.

I guess one would get use to it but I hate waking up when the house is 66. (1 degree differential with the thermo) One of the first things I do is bump it back up when I wake.

I am 53 now and can't stand the cold anymore either, and to think, I use to work outside in it all the time. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

I guess one would get use to it but I hate waking up when the house is 66. (1 degree differential with the thermo) One of the first things I do is bump it back up when I wake.

I am 53 now and can't stand the cold anymore either, and to think, I use to work outside in it all the time. 

We used to keep it 70 during the day and wear t-shirts, but kind of a waste of $$$$. I'm a cheap bastard,  LOL.

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

We used to keep it 70 during the day and wear t-shirts, but kind of a waste of $$$$. I'm a cheap bastard,  LOL.

LOL. I'll likely be the same when I retire in the next year or 2. :bc:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Fuck , no wonder you don't want to go out. Your already cold.

I think it's comfortable at 64. The few times we turn the air on during the summer we usually set it to 66.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think it's comfortable at 64. The few times we turn the air on during the summer we usually set it to 66.

No wonder your drones keep crashing...theyre fucking frozen.... :lol:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Wow, you'd hate my house during the summer. I don't even turn on my AC if the indoor temp will go to 76 or below. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, SSFB said:

Wow, you'd hate my house during the summer. I don't even turn on my AC if the indoor temp will go to 76 or below. 

I didn't even put one in this yr. Last yr I used it around 8 times.

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I didn't even put one in this yr. Last yr I used it around 8 times.

How often does it get over 90 degrees there? We can have a week stretch in the summer where everyday is 90 degrees.

52 minutes ago, SSFB said:

How often does it get over 90 degrees there? We can have a week stretch in the summer where everyday is 90 degrees.

Haven't hit 90 here in the 4 summers that we've been in VT. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Haven't hit 90 here in the 4 summers that we've been in VT. 

Two summers ago my AC took a shit on a 100 degree day and I slept that night in my basement where it was 80 degrees. :flush:

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Two summers ago my AC took a shit on a 100 degree day and I slept that night in my basement where it was 80 degrees. :flush:

I dont have AC in my house...it rarely gets stupid hot here at night...and if it does I sleep in the RV. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, SSFB said:

This summer hit 90 every other week thru jul;y and august.