Check your account email address ×

Got a home equity loan?

Just now, Mainecat said:

Educations, second homes etc.....yeah those things just fuck up the economy eh?

Don't give me that crap . You live within a half hour of me , you saw what went on the last time just like I did .   And when they all crashed and burned..... yeah , it fucked up the economy all right .  The repo man made out good tho.   :bc:

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You can still get those things, you just can’t write off the interest. A write off is not the reason I have my cabin...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You can still get those things, you just can’t write off the interest. A write off is not the reason I have my cabin...

Yes, but if you took out a home equity loan to buy a cabin that's not bad, at least your buying an appreciating asset unlike all the toys, vacations and general "happy fun time" like dumb people were doing prior to the housing crash. I always laugh at the idea of borrowing against an appreciating asset to buy depreciating assets.:lol:

10 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Good . The house isn't a piggybank for new cars , fancy clothes , Jewlery and vacations . 

MC doesn't get it.  Most taxpayers aren't writing off mortgage interest any way.  

MC.  Run the numbers for yourself in the tax table thread.  How much will you be saving under Trumps tax plan?  

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Exactly. And if it was gone it sure as shit won’t be the reason you don’t get one haha.

I don’t think this plan is great, but the left wing msm has demonized and corrupted it to make people think that it will be nothing but crying children, grandmas who can’t pay their bills, and rich peoples satanic worshipping being subsidized. Just unreal. 

36 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The new tax bill removes the interest write off on home equity loans.

good people need to get back to paying off there homes as a priority. way to many driving cars and trucks with 30 yrs of payments 

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

good people need to get back to paying off there homes as a priority. way to many driving cars and trucks with 30 yrs of payments 

I love the ones that proudly proclaim that they paid the cars off :lol:     Now your paying for that fucking thing for 30 years instead of 5  :lol:   :bc:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Take the loan on the second home but honestly the luxury items should not be subsidized.  Helocs are typically used as an ATM to pay for shit the government should not subsidize as a whole. Shocker mc pissed he can't get more government handouts 

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

you should not be buying a second home if you cant buy it with out putting your primary at risk is something should happen 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you should not be buying a second home if you cant buy it with out putting your primary at risk is something should happen 

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I love the ones that proudly proclaim that they paid the cars off :lol:     Now your paying for that fucking thing for 30 years instead of 5  :lol:   :bc:

Threefer FTW

33 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yes, but if you took out a home equity loan to buy a cabin that's not bad, at least your buying an appreciating asset unlike all the toys, vacations and general "happy fun time" like dumb people were doing prior to the housing crash. I always laugh at the idea of borrowing against an appreciating asset to buy depreciating assets.:lol:

No I didn’t do that, just saying if you can afford a second home the interest write off is not going to kill you. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Good . The house isn't a piggybank for new cars , fancy clothes , Jewlery and vacations . 

You are correct! But I used the equity in my house to start a business. And at a time when banks weren't loaning money to businesses. Wouldn't have made it without it. 

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Better yet, the people taking 20 year loans on boats and campers? :lol:Yep, those are sound investments?:lmao:

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You are correct! But I used the equity in my house to start a business. And at a time when banks weren't loaning money to businesses. Wouldn't have made it without it. 

And most likely because it was used for business it would still be deductible like it is now. In that case the write off is against the business income not the personal side 

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I took some on my rental too in 04  but it was to replace cash that I had already pumped into the building .  :bc:

44 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

MC doesn't get it.  Most taxpayers aren't writing off mortgage interest any way.  

MC.  Run the numbers for yourself in the tax table thread.  How much will you be saving under Trumps tax plan?  

Oh I get it......Your savings today will be ten time in debt in less than ten years.

every sane conservative knows this.

Edited by Mainecat