Check your account email address ×

Houston Mayor

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What a piece of shit.  He knew the storm was coming and failed to order an evacuation.  

Everyone gave Houston grief when they evacuated for the non event that was Hurricane Rita when 100 people died during that evacuation. You really can't win in these situations.

• Gold Member

Its not petty.  Its comical.  Politics is fun.  Can you imagine if trump was the mayor??  Or maybe a Bush??    Watching the weather over the lead up to this storm was like hearing a tornado warning but failing to go into the basement cause the last tornado warning lead to a tornado not hit your house and going to the basement was all for nothing.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Its not petty.  Its comical.  Politics is fun.  Can you imagine if trump was the mayor??  Or maybe a Bush??    Watching the weather over the lead up to this storm was like hearing a tornado warning but failing to go into the basement cause the last tornado warning lead to a tornado not hit your house and going to the basement was all for nothing.

No one was really predicting a storm of this magnitude if I recall correctly. 

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Everyone gave Houston grief when they evacuated for the non event that was Hurricane Rita when 100 people died during that evacuation. You really can't win in these situations.

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Because you're dense as rock I posted it again :lol: 

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

yeah because evacuating a city like houston is the same as running to your basement. jesus christ think a little bit would you.

They did say there was going to be over 20 inches of rain, maybe more. I think the predictions were pretty good. I also think that if I lived in Houston, I would not have been waiting for the mayor to tell me to get out. Especially knowing the traffic there. I would have wanted to be ahead of that wave, so to speak. 

It is a no win situation for someone in that position. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catalina said:

They did say there was going to be over 20 inches of rain, maybe more. I think the predictions were pretty good. I also think that if I lived in Houston, I would not have been waiting for the mayor to tell me to get out. Especially knowing the traffic there. I would have wanted to be ahead of that wave, so to speak. 

It is a no win situation for someone in that position. 

Exactly!!!! 

FFS, if you know it has the potential to be a bad situation, you either know what you are getting into by staying or else you GTFO.  All these idiots really need the government to tell them when to evacuate?

12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the traffic jams and gridlock during rush hour in the houston area is a nightmare. now through an evacuation into the mix.

In this case there is only one direction to go too. And it's the 4th biggest metro in the country. 

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Exactly!!!! 

FFS, if you know it has the potential to be a bad situation, you either know what you are getting into by staying or else you GTFO.  All these idiots really need the government to tell them when to evacuate?

oh if life were just as simple as you :lol:

how do you propose all these "idiots" just pick up and get out of Houston?

31 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah because evacuating a city like houston is the same as running to your basement. jesus christ think a little bit would you.

BOHICA is so dumb he'd evacuate to his basement if he were there

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

oh if life were just as simple as you :lol:

how do you propose all these "idiots" just pick up and get out of Houston?

If you can't figure this out, then I guess you better be prepared to stay.  It figures, you seem to be the type that need to be told what to do in a disaster situation. 

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If you can't figure this out, then I guess you better be prepared to stay.  It figures, you seem to be the type that need to be told what to do in a disaster situation. 

I could figure it out very easily. I have money to fly out and stay anywhere I like. many of your "idiots" don't have that ability. like I said, life isn't as simple as you.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I could figure it out very easily. I have money to fly out and stay anywhere I like. many of your "idiots" don't have that ability. like I said, life isn't as simple as you.

What a pompous ass you are! 

You are soo much better then those people of Texas who you are shitting on now and any other chance you get :lmao: 

so tell us racer, how would a family with kids, pets and other valuables, who are struggling to get by, with no friends or family near the Houston area, get out of town on short notice? your inability to see all the major problems with this is no surprise to anyone. you're just plain stupid.

Just now, Skidooski said:

What a pompous ass you are! 

You are soo much better then those people of Texas who you are shitting on now and any other chance you get :lmao: 

:lol::lol: you are close behind racer in the stupidity level. holy fuck can you seriously not grasp the point I'm trying to make?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

so tell us racer, how would a family with kids, pets and other valuables, who are struggling to get by, with no friends or family near the Houston area, get out of town on short notice? your inability to see all the major problems with this is no surprise to anyone. you're just plain stupid.

More description needed here. Is it a 3 legged dog and the dad is a quadriplegic