Check your account email address ×

****OFFICIAL***** Ford owners thread

3 hours ago, snopro31 said:

his average L/100km is 17.1 for 62000km

my truck is 15.7 for 182800km and WAY more towing kms then he does. 

not impressed one bit.  it down shifts similar to my 5.0.  but terrible mpg.

The 10 speed in the 3.5 eco downshifts alot while towing but its barely noticeable compared to the 5.0...and it has alot more power...its very deiselike in that way...but thats where the comparison ends unfortunately...they love fuel.

3 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The 5.9 never had emissions. The 6.7 does...however the 12 valve 5.9 was better on fuel then 24 valve....if you delete the 6.7...it is close to the same  on fuel as the 24 valve 5.9.

My buds 03 5.9 will get 28 mpg on the highway. It unreal.

Pulling a dump trailer full of gravel, 13. I seen it the other day at almost 400000kms. It's a work Truck and works daily. Plows all winter too.

No engine work. Lots of front end parts. 2 transmissions.

56 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My buds 03 5.9 will get 28 mpg on the highway. It unreal.

Pulling a dump trailer full of gravel, 13. I seen it the other day at almost 400000kms. It's a work Truck and works daily. Plows all winter too.

No engine work. Lots of front end parts. 2 transmissions.

My 07 5.9 got 26ish at 60 mph.

9 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Hemi has cylinder deactivation though

Mine does yes. I did have it at 28 mpg per the evic. Hot sunny day, rural road, 70kmh, mostly 4 cylinder mode. But I did not get to hand calculate to confirm.

Evic from what I've seen is 2 mpg off high or low at times.

Mine has supercihips, tuned for 87, transmission torque management add on. My speedo is changed and dead nuts on, was reading high stock.

Superchips added 2mpg rural/ city. But nothing on highway

I bought it to remove the damn tpms and set tire size for winter wheels. Removing TM in the trans makes it so much nicer to drive. Shifts are crisp now.

And I can read/ clear codes if need be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Cool story bro...

.its my wifes business truck and 90% of the driving she does with it is towing....it avgs 7 to 9 mpg towing..8 to 11000 lbs..the ecoboost is worse on fuel towing then the 5.0 v8

Gee I thought you were in Canada... what's this mpg. We were talking L/100km and I am referring to overall average fuel consumption. Sometimes better, sometimes worse than the average. Like I said it includes commuting to and from work and driving around Toronto often in stop and go, weekend commute to the cottage, sometimes pulling either a 2 horse trailer, boat and trailer or sleds and trailer.

You want to do the math.... from my spreadsheet

Capturef.thumb.JPG.bc9f14a8e684e9de3dea3cfb25e95a3b.JPG

Edited by 02sled

53 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Gee I thought you were in Canada... what's this mpg. We were talking L/100km and I am referring to overall average fuel consumption. Sometimes better, sometimes worse than the average. Like I said it includes commuting to and from work and driving around Toronto often in stop and go, weekend commute to the cottage, sometimes pulling either a 2 horse trailer, boat and trailer or sleds and trailer.

You want to do the math.... from my spreadsheet

Capturef.thumb.JPG.bc9f14a8e684e9de3dea3cfb25e95a3b.JPG

Idgaf about your trips cruzin hookers or whatever....they suck on fuel towing....end of story.

11 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Idgaf about your trips cruzin hookers or whatever....they suck on fuel towing....end of story.

Too bad you're too stupid and too busy suckin cock to realize the overall number I stated was accurate. By the way... towing the 5000 lb boat to be put in storage a couple of weeks ago was 18.1 L / 100. Don't forget if you can understand... the way you accelerate, the winds, uphill, downhill all play a factor.

End of story... your wife just may be a lead foot that tromps it away from a stand still... who knows why her mileage sucks so bad... is it a high blunt nose trailer. All factors.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Too bad you're too stupid and too busy suckin cock to realize the overall number I stated was accurate. By the way... towing the 5000 lb boat to be put in storage a couple of weeks ago was 18.1 L / 100. Don't forget if you can understand... the way you accelerate, the winds, uphill, downhill all play a factor.

End of story... your wife just may be a lead foot that tromps it away from a stand still... who knows why her mileage sucks so bad... is it a high blunt nose trailer. All factors.

All the trailers are v nose. My wife drives like a grandma...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold Member

2 days of exterior detail....  full paint correction and topped off with cquartz...  baking it in, in the sun to set the cquartz.

not a swirl or scratch in the beast after 2 days of work.

A52694FE-658A-41C1-BAAE-FB374529D751.jpeg

CED72065-2D51-4F43-A95A-B0DFE21DF6CF.jpeg