Check your account email address ×

GM's new Corvette is so powerful, it's warping the frame in tests, report says

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Faggots own GM!

I have an 87 GT.

Though I do have a 56 chevy….and a Dodge.....and a Toyota!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

They don't have too! 5.0 is a monster!!

New GT500 engine is code named Voodoo. Not Yote based.

No it’s not. Voodoo is the gt350 engine 

new gt500 engine is based on that 

Just now, awful knawful said:

Vanilla ice knows what's going on!

Yeah that 220ish HP GT was a beast.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

It was. It is!

Well it is once you flip the lid.  :lol:  Or could you on those?   Remember everyone doing that on the GM 305's.  :lol:   Get a little intake noise going.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well it is once you flip the lid.  :lol:  Or could you on those?   Remember everyone doing that on the GM 305's.  :lol:   Get a little intake noise going.  

No.

Switched to mass air. BBK Headers, MAGNAFLOW catback.

All stock. 

Every time I take it out I get asked to sell it. It's my first car I ever bought. Simple and really fun to drive. No nannies on this old girl!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Seems like GM is reaching for McClaren level stuff with the new vette. Should be great to see the final product 

It will be a very affordable supercar, and good for GM performing rigorous testing pre-production to ensure that the consumer is going to get a rock solid automobile.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I love the shape, I came this close to pulling the trigger on a Grand Sport last summer.......I don't know if the wife can talk me out of this one :news:

bqfxudubgcyush7p3lxb.jpg

You going to get the base model with 6.2 or the fast model with the 5.5 twin turbo or the really fast model with the 5.5 twin turbo hybrid?

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I love the shape, I came this close to pulling the trigger on a Grand Sport last summer.......I don't know if the wife can talk me out of this one :news:

bqfxudubgcyush7p3lxb.jpg

I’m not a big fanboy of American metal. Prefer the German stuff, but I like that GM is pushing the boundaries with this vehicle. 

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You going to get the base model with 6.2 or the fast model with the 5.5 twin turbo or the really fast model with the 5.5 twin turbo hybrid?

3LT trim, Grand Sport, 455 HP is plenty in a Vette and the new 2020 should be about 505 HP, my CTS was 556 HP and I can honestly tell you that even on the track it's hard to use all that snort.

The ZO6 with 640 HP is the perfect example of a car having power that can't fully used on the street, the new mid-engine with 1000 HP is insane, and most buyers will buy it to compensate for a tiny dick, and then park it in a climate controlled garage with a $5,000.00 cover wrapping it

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

3LT trim, Grand Sport, 455 HP is plenty in a Vette and the new 2020 should be about 505 HP, my CTS was 556 HP and I can honestly tell you that even on the track it's hard to use all that snort.

The ZO6 with 640 HP is the perfect example of a car having power that can't fully used on the street, the new mid-engine with 1000 HP is insane, and most buyers will buy it to compensate for a tiny dick, and then park it in a climate controlled garage with a $5,000.00 cover wrapping it

The last version of the 135 had 480whp. Well over 500 at the crank. It was unusable power. I’m leaving the m2 stock. It’s plenty. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

With rwd yah....6-700 hp is more than enough.

With awd you can use much more. 1000 or more is fine

I agree. 1000hp is not for the streets. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

With rwd yah....6-700 hp is more than enough.

With awd you can use much more. 1000 or more is fine

It’s 5.5 twin turbo flat plan crank 800 hp give or take a few ponies plus 200 hp electric to get to a 1000 hp.  Would say gas rwd with electric propelling the front.

Besides the above....

6.2 is NA 500 hp

5.5 flat plan crank NA 600hp

5.5 flat plane crank twin turbo 800 hp

gm is killing off it’s pushrods for performance vehicles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

so Huzy will be buying one :dunno:  

• Haha 1