Check your account email address ×

Blue Jays

2strokemerc

On 9/16/2016 at 2:09 PM, Renegade X said:

Bunch of debbie downers in here... They will turn it around and be in the playoffs!

If they make the play offs?

Something is up with them? Definitely not playing like they are capable. I also predict Gibbons (and others) will be gone if they fail to make the post season.

On 9/18/2016 at 10:32 AM, irv said:

If they make the play offs?

Something is up with them? Definitely not playing like they are capable. I also predict Gibbons (and others) will be gone if they fail to make the post season.

Most of them are hurt.  That is whats up. Gibbons is a sure bet to be gone if they don't make the post season though.  I don't think he is the best coach, thats for sure

On 9/19/2016 at 1:48 PM, Renegade X said:

Most of them are hurt.  That is whats up. Gibbons is a sure bet to be gone if they don't make the post season though.  I don't think he is the best coach, thats for sure

That might be the case with some players, but there is something up, some distraction/conflict imo. Whatever it is, we will never find out.

Hope they can pull of another win tonight however!

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, Renegade X said:

What can a coach do during the game, to get the guys to play better ???????????????

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

What can a coach do during the game, to get the guys to play better ???????????????

He can not fuck with what is working, the whole 6 man pitching rotation screwed them up, Happ and Estrada played terrible for a few games after that started, Lariano shouldn't be starting, keep him in the bullpen and stay with 5 man rotation. Upton is a chump, he should be nothing more than a late inning player, why even play him with you have Cabrerra as an extra out fielder.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game last night!

I especially like the sign. "Would rather get punched in May than knocked out in October". Kudos to who ever thought that one up! :bc:

would-rather-get-punched-in-may-than-get-knocked-out-4622681.png

Edited by irv

Now all we seem to be hearing on the news about the ALCS is that the Cleveland baseball team's nickname is offensive. This being Canada (and it's 2016), I think the federal gov't should ban them from Canada until they change the nickname to something that won't offend anyone because of  race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or parental status .

Maybe all teams should just be Toronto B.C., Detroit B.C. etc.

Please refrain from calling our baseball team the "Blue Jays" any longer.  A local collective of feathered fowl has been complaining that it is a racist, divisive, and offensive moniker.  

I hear the Orioles are launching a similar effort....

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

They wouldn't be saying anything if the Jays were 2-0.

I don't think it would matter. The PC asshats like to rain on any parade as they see fit. I'm surprised they dogooders of T.O. haven't campaigned against the annual santa Claus parade because it offends those that don't believe in Santa.

On 10/16/2016 at 5:38 PM, revrnd said:

I just got back from an extended stay in the states and thank god I never heard anything about this down there.  You do hear about the beer can throwing though.  Embarrassing on both accounts.  I'm starting to think Canada sucks

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:40 AM, 2strokemerc said:

Looks like everybody is jumping on the bandwagon now. They won't get any further than last year. Just lucky to get past the Orioles.

Looks like the Debbie Downers were right, didn't go any farther than last year. Just another T.O. team letting down the fans.