Check your account email address ×

This is the 'biggest bubble in the history of mankind and it's going to burst,' Ron Paul says

12 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Keeping the auto industry going, had that not happened the recession may well have become a depression.

Like it or not Trump inherited a strong economy, he gave tax breaks  and INCREASED government spending that has sparked a shot in the arm to an already strong economy.

Increased spending by alot. Can't blame Obama for that. Market is good right now, now is the time to roll back spending, gradually and responsibly. I won't hold my breath. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Sorry the American economy is not that dependent on the Auto industry.  If the govt didn't step in investors would have for the right price.  

Any more policies Obama implemented that you think created economic growth?  

If you think the auto industry isn't that big  a part of the economy, you are clueless.  No investors would have bought it up and kept it going.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Increased spending by alot. Can't blame Obama for that. Market is good right now, now is the time to roll back spending, gradually and responsibly. I won't hold my breath. 

All I heard for 8 years was how spending was bad, even when the WORLD ECONOMY was in the shitter and the US wasn't much better. Now with a strong US market and other countries economies growing faster than ours spending is ok.

11 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

All I heard for 8 years was how spending was bad, even when the WORLD ECONOMY was in the shitter and the US wasn't much better. Now with a strong US market and other countries economies growing faster than ours spending is ok.

Dubya grew govt by over 20% in 2001. One of the biggest lies of the republican party is that they are fiscal conservatives. They have yet to prove that. 

16 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

If you think the auto industry isn't that big  a part of the economy, you are clueless.  No investors would have bought it up and kept it going.

Its possible that it could have been bought, for pennies on the dollar. But who knows what the recovery time would be. Could have been a 10 year recession. The people who caused this should have been the ones to suffer but they got bailed out AND rewarded. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Bullshit.   At pennies on the dollar they would have scooped it up in no time.  

The auto industry accounts for 3-3.5% of GDP.   It alone would have not taken us from a recession to a depression. 

31 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well Dr. Paul is correct and I mentioned this late last year when I heard this from other sources. P/E ratios are highest they've been since 2 times in history, 1. 1929 and the tech bubble. When will it happen? Who fucking knows. I think more fundamental policy should be praticed but with crazy money being made you know that won't happen until it's too late. Things are moving good right now so I think it's premature to think anything will happen this year. 

A good article from a group that is used to hitting it out of the park.

Don't listen to beta junior achievers who are used to splashing around on the sidelines.

Graphic

https://www.edgepointwealth.com/en/Insights/Commentary/2018-Q2-EdgePoint-commentary

20 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Dubya grew govt by over 20% in 2001. One of the biggest lies of the republican party is that they are fiscal conservatives. They have yet to prove that. 

Sorry but it didn't increase 20% from 2000 to 2001.   It went up about 4.6%.   And remember his first budget wasn't until 2002.   It did go up around 8% in 2002 but there was this little thing called 9/11 that played a bit of a role.

You are correct in saying the GOP hasn't been fiscally conservative since Clinton was in office.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_United_States_federal_budget

The United States Federal Budget for Fiscal Year 2001, was a spending request by President Bill Clinton to fund government operations for October 2000-September 2001. Figures shown in the spending request do not reflect the actual appropriations for Fiscal Year 2001, which must be authorized by Congress.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bullshit.   At pennies on the dollar they would have scooped it up in no time.  

The auto industry accounts for 3-3.5% of GDP.   It alone would have not taken us from a recession to a depression. 

Not that alone but the rest of the economy was bleeding 800,000 jobs a month. Large manufacturers like the auto industry have a compounding affect on economic activity, not just the jobs and products they make but the jobs that are created and supported as a result of them. Entire cities have boomed and crashed from that industry alone

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Not that alone but the rest of the economy was bleeding 800,000 jobs a month. Large manufacturers like the auto industry have a compounding affect on economic activity, not just the jobs and products they make but the jobs that are created and supported as a result of them. Entire cities have boomed and crashed from that industry alone

The auto industry would have never completely collapsed.   Private investors would have stepped in.   The only reason they didn't at the time was dealing with the Unions.  Once the price got down far enough it would have been worth the negotiations with the Unions. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

A good article from a group that is used to hitting it out of the park.

Don't listen to beta junior achievers who are used to splashing around on the sidelines.

Graphic

https://www.edgepointwealth.com/en/Insights/Commentary/2018-Q2-EdgePoint-commentary

I am not a doom and gloomer and can put things together for myself. I also would not believe most things from a company like this because they make their money selling and managing investments. Preaching doom is not a self serving practice for them. 

The global economy is about $75 trillion. The derivatives market is $1.2 quadrillion. Lots of phony money out there and unless you consider yourself more knowledgable than guys like Warren Buffet there is plenty to be concerned about.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/052715/how-big-derivatives-market.asp

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The auto industry would have never completely collapsed.   Private investors would have stepped in.   The only reason they didn't at the time was dealing with the Unions.  

Sure but like I said what would the recovery time have been? Tens of thousands(more) of businesses could have went out of business in that time. The decision to take action is not something that should be dismissed. 

And like I also said the causes of that disaster should have been mitigated and here we are 10 years later with the same people asking to do the same shit again. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I am not a doom and gloomer and can put things together for myself. I also would not believe most things from a company like this because they make their money selling and managing investments. Preaching doom is not a self serving practice for them. 

The global economy is about $75 trillion. The derivatives market is $1.2 quadrillion. Lots of phony money out there and unless you consider yourself more knowledgable than guys like Warren Buffet there is plenty to be concerned about.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/052715/how-big-derivatives-market.asp

They are saying the same thing as Buffet, stay the course, they just do it better.:bc:

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Sure but like I said what would the recovery time have been? Tens of thousands(more) of businesses could have went out of business in that time. The decision to take action is not something that should be dismissed. 

And like I also said the causes of that disaster should have been mitigated and here we are 10 years later with the same people asking to do the same shit again. 

How exactly? (bold)

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are saying the same thing as Buffet, stay the course, they just do it better.:bc:

I am not getting out. Just watching. :bc: 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Now would be a good time to cut defense spending by pull out of NATO and the UN. There are no countries that threaten or have the means to threaten the world militarily......  well except maybe the US.

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Now would be a good time to cut defense spending by pull out of NATO and the UN. There are no countries that threaten or have the means to threaten the world militarily......  well except maybe the US.

And Syria and Afghanistan and everywhere else. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

And Syria and Afghanistan and everywhere else. 

Yep...  we don’t need military occupation in countries like those and countries like Germany.  They can fund their own bases is their country versus the US bankrolling europeEurope

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Keeping the auto industry going, had that not happened the recession may well have become a depression.

Like it or not Trump inherited a strong economy, he gave tax breaks  and INCREASED government spending that has sparked a shot in the arm to an already strong economy.

Sorry but people buy a certain number of cars. If GM wasn't making them they would from someone else. And that someone else would still need suppliers to build parts.