Check your account email address ×

Allegiant is it a 60 Minutes hit piece?

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

If a hit piece is telling the truth, sure. It’s a hit piece. I wouldn’t let my first ex mother in law fly on one of their planes. Hmm, I take that back. 

So you are divorced. Remember last time when you said you were never divorced? 

From Oldest to Youngest: The Average Fleet Age of the 10 Major U.S. Airlines

Allegiant Air — average fleet age: 19.8 years

According to Airfleets.net, Allegiant Air (NASDAQ:ALGT) operates the oldest airplane fleet of any major U.S. airline. Allegiant’s fleet is so old that its most numerous airplanes are McDonnell Douglas MD-80s and -90s, which ceased production 17 years ago. Allegiant also operates a pair of Boeing 757s (out of production since 2004) and about five somewhat younger dozen Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft.

https://financhill.com/blog/uncategorized/from-oldest-to-youngest-the-average-fleet-age-of-the-10-major-u-s-airlines/

JetBlue Airways — average fleet age: 9.2 years 

Founded by a former Southwest exec, JetBlue (NASDAQ:JBLU) famously imitated Southwest’s low-cost airline business model — but not 100%. Whereas Southwest flies an all-Boeing fleet, and all of one model, JetBlue is primarily an Airbus A320 shop. It also flies a fleet of 41 newer Airbus A321s (aged 1.8 years), and five dozen smaller Embraer 190 and 195 aircraft as well.

My carrier of choice.

We almost fly exclusively on Southwest. Never was much of a fan of the cattle call boarding with southwest but we almost always got where we were going on time and without incident. Flew united for the first time in about 20 years a while back and it was a nightmare. They lost our luggage on the way to San Francisco, changed our flights twice, we ended up getting to our destination on American airlines, etc etc.... We were gone for a week and they didn't get our luggage to us until we were back home for two days. Fuck them. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

If a hit piece is telling the truth, sure. It’s a hit piece. I wouldn’t let my first ex mother in law fly on one of their planes. Hmm, I take that back. 

The only difference between inlaws and outlaws is outlaws are wanted.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The only difference between inlaws and outlaws is outlaws are wanted.

Meh, my family irritates me more than my wife's does. Fucking Germans.