Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Pretty Blue Ones

Recommended Posts

It's purdy.

Love the sound of the yammi engines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full marks for the Drugstore Cowboy reference Tink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking sled, but questioning the 1" track? :dunno:  

Edited by irv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, irv said:

Nice looking sled, but questioning the 1" track? :dunno:  

More top end speed, and better to stud since it requires shorter, therefore lighter and more durable studs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pete Z said:

More top end speed, and better to stud since it requires shorter, therefore lighter and more durable studs.

Makes sense, and since they put out the guarantee it will be the first one across the lake, I guess they had better make sure it is. 

The electronic suspension sounds interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, irv said:

Makes sense, and since they put out the guarantee it will be the first one across the lake, I guess they had better make sure it is. 

The electronic suspension sounds interesting. 

Still a Yamacat though. Are there any "real" Yamaha sleds left other than the VK540V? Is the Bravo Trapper still available? Apex? I guess we find out in five days or so. 

Edited by Pete Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, irv said:

Makes sense, and since they put out the guarantee it will be the first one across the lake, I guess they had better make sure it is. 

The electronic suspension sounds interesting. 

Same shit cat released already.... Boring.... Just more shit to break. So you pop a fuse or a relay that controls the suspension.... Are you stuck in firm mode in 8-14'' chop?

Yam and cat can have that BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Same shit cat released already.... Boring.... Just more shit to break. So you pop a fuse or a relay that controls the suspension.... Are you stuck in firm mode in 8-14'' chop?

Yam and cat can have that BS

Red would be so proud of you, Tommy! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, where is our mouthy little expert of all things? 

22 hours ago, irv said:

Red would be so proud of you, Tommy! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing they manufactured more than one relay, and one fuse.  :)

On 3/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, Tommy said:

Same shit cat released already.... Boring.... Just more shit to break. So you pop a fuse or a relay that controls the suspension.... Are you stuck in firm mode in 8-14'' chop?

Yam and cat can have that BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 7:10 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Good thing they manufactured more than one relay, and one fuse.  :)

NEW  iAct suspension...... Cause reservoir gas shocks havent worked for the last 20+ years!!!

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

NEW  iAct suspension...... Cause reservoir gas shocks havent worked for the last 20+ years!!!

 

:lol:

Leaf sprung skis worked for 20-30 years before independent suspensions came along.  :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Leaf sprung skis worked for 20-30 years before independent suspensions came along.  :whistle:

Yup , if it wasn’t for new technology we’d still be on leaf springs and bogie wheels . 

Actually some of us still are ......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

NEW  iAct suspension...... Cause reservoir gas shocks havent worked for the last 20+ years!!!

 

:lol:

Sorry to say Tommy, but it doesn't look like even the new Polaris has anything on the new Yamaha SRX. You might not want to watch that release tomorrow. :dunno:

Speaking of which, is Doo still number 1 in sales? With the amount of Yamacats around, I would hazard a guess they can't be far behind? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a very small market share. Not sure if one model in a Cat chassis..... is the answer to bring Yamaha back into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Leaf sprung skis worked for 20-30 years before independent suspensions came along.  :whistle:

Still works in pickups :lol::bc: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poo is still second, Cat and Yamaha are behind Poo.  I'd say Yamaha's days are numbered in the sled industry. 

 

https://www.snowtech...aha-return-srx/

"So, for 2019 Yamaha is going to do something that takes great discipline. Instead of adding more and more aggressive incentives to clear units, which costs the OEM significantly, they are cutting production – significantly. This also costs the OEM but is better for the dealer network and customers as far as resale.

 
For 2019 Yamaha is not only cutting the total number of units being built, they will only be offering 12 models vs. their 34 models last year. 5 of the 12 models for 2019 are spring-order only, leaving us with only SEVEN stocking models for 2019. There will be no Japanese-made models (Vector, Venture, Viking, Phazer) except the VK 540 two-stroke work sled."
 
 
18 hours ago, irv said:

Sorry to say Tommy, but it doesn't look like even the new Polaris has anything on the new Yamaha SRX. You might not want to watch that release tomorrow. :dunno:

Speaking of which, is Doo still number 1 in sales? With the amount of Yamacats around, I would hazard a guess they can't be far behind? 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a 1959 Doo hidden in the Valcourt museum warehouse with factory working IFS.  

I guess they thought it was unnecessary at the time for the 8hp muscle sleds..... :)

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Leaf sprung skis worked for 20-30 years before independent suspensions came along.  :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ol' Yukon King handles just as well as that new fad stuff.....

19 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Yup , if it wasn’t for new technology we’d still be on leaf springs and bogie wheels . 

Actually some of us still are ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, irv said:

Sorry to say Tommy, but it doesn't look like even the new Polaris has anything on the new Yamaha SRX. You might not want to watch that release tomorrow. :dunno:

Speaking of which, is Doo still number 1 in sales? With the amount of Yamacats around, I would hazard a guess they can't be far behind? 

Yamaha is still not even on the same level as Polaris and Skidoo....

Want to spend $20k plus and go fast in a straight line on a heavy sled? buy a sidewinder. no doubt they are fast. but they arent that fast until you throw another couple thousand at them .... stock one i ran against last year went 117mph.... i was on ponchos old clapped out 800 indy and went 111mph..

 

Now you want to have an ear to ear grin? by a polaris or doo that that does fast in a straight line and still goes around a corner... Polaris has nothing on an srx? you buy one and then come for a ride up north next year. Ill bet you im still at the bar while your at the hotel watching eyelid theater after muscling a damn 4 stroke yamaha all day :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Poncho says, those numbers are meaningless unless you run them at the same time.  Stock Mach Zs were well into the 120s, but you have to compare them at the same time to other sleds regardless. 

The Spinegrinders seem to perform well; I haven't ridden one to see how it handles..... I thought guys liked those chassis? 

 

 

Just now, Tommy said:

Yamaha is still not even on the same level as Polaris and Skidoo....

Want to spend $20k plus and go fast in a straight line on a heavy sled? buy a sidewinder. no doubt they are fast. but they arent that fast until you throw another couple thousand at them .... stock one i ran against last year went 117mph.... i was on ponchos old clapped out 800 indy and went 111mph..

 

Now you want to have an ear to ear grin? by a polaris or doo that that does fast in a straight line and still goes around a corner... Polaris has nothing on an srx? you buy one and then come for a ride up north next year. Ill bet you im still at the bar while your at the hotel watching eyelid theater after muscling a damn 4 stroke yamaha all day :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.