Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump Faults GOP for Poor Convention Ratings

Donald Trump Faults GOP for Poor Convention Ratings

"I didn’t produce our show. I just showed up for the final speech."

Inae OhJul. 29, 2016 12:33 PM

Donald Trump is suddenly distancing himself from last week's Republican National Convention, after television ratings show that the Democratic National Convention consistently pulled in more viewers across the country for three consecutive nights.

"I didn't produce our show," Trump told the New York Times. "I just showed up for the final speech."

While the ratings for the fourth night have yet to be announced, Trump did appear anxious that Hillary Clinton's final convention night on Thursday would top his own. Earlier that morning, the Republican nominee sent a campaign letter to his supporters urging them not to tune in.

According to CNN, the DNC's biggest night was Monday, when it racked up 26 million viewers. Trump's Monday night attracted 23 million.

The ratings loss is likely to be a particularly sensitive topic for Trump. The reality star has long boasted of being a ratings bonanza, with viewers flocking to witness his unpredictable, inflammatory performances throughout the primary debate season. Trump's presence in the debates created record-breaking numbers for television networks.

In Cleveland, however, Trump failed to secure the kind of star-studded event he promised would take place at the convention. While his convention's roster included Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr., and Kid Rock, the Democratic convention blew away the competition with Meryl Streep, Paul Simon, and Alicia Keys.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/donald-trump-republican-national-convention-poor-ratings

Even with all the big names onstage last night, convention-to-convention, the combined rating of the DNC stumbled against Donald Trump and the RNC. Day 3 in Philadelphia was down 18% in the fast affiliates key demo from the drama of Day 3 in Cleveland when Ted Cruz refused to endorse the candidate and running mate Mike Pence spoke.

:news:

guess it depends who writes the article....

Trump promised an amazing convention with many champions and stars, and instead he filled the stage with D-listers which disappointed me as I was expecting something exciting and invigorating.

Anyhow here is a six time NBA Champion speaking at the DNC convention,

• Platinum Contributing Member

But did they have to build a wall outside, pay people to fill in empty seats for $50 a day and then have speakers booed repeatedly? Mass walk outs? How about the locked out seating and supposed white noise machines?

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Those "white noise machines" were Cisco wireless access points. FYI

:lol: I had no idea what they were and that's a tall claim from some chick on a video. Thanks for clearing that one up! :bc: 

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's those D-listers, I want to know where were the A-listers and champions that he promised!!!

I don't even know who those two guys are to be honest. Some played out Duck Dynasty guy and ????

5 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

This just in, final ratings for both acceptance speeches:

Trump 30 million

Clinton 28 million

:news:

58 million hanging on the words of a couple compulsive liars. :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SSFB said:

58 million hanging on the words of a couple compulsive liars. :lol:

What's funny is the bs spin on this, both conventions were ok, to say the Dnc blew it away is an opinion , not everyone likes the people they had, same goes for the RNC 

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

exactly...

btw it's scott baoi, aka chachi from happy days

Dipshit MC thinks his real name is Chachi and he's Hispanic.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Train wrecks car crashes, etc. we know these things draw a crowd.

Nice flip flop chubs....you were bragging up Hillarys convention numbers just the other day. What a fucking noodle you are. :lol: