Check your account email address ×

New STP

f7ben

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I really like that....remember buying Core many moons ago...glad they are back with new music.:thumbsup:

I think the new guy sounds great but I hope he tries to carve out his own niche instead of just going after that Weiland sound. I mean I know its bound to be similar just because of the DeLeo's making the music but the new guy has a great voice and I hope he makes the band somewhat his own. The 3 existing original members have so much to give music wise I just hope it works out.

Have you ever heard Army of Anyone?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think the new guy sounds great but I hope he tries to carve out his own niche instead of just going after that Weiland sound. I mean I know its bound to be similar just because of the DeLeo's making the music but the new guy has a great voice and I hope he makes the band somewhat his own. The 3 existing original members have so much to give music wise I just hope it works out.

Have you ever heard Army of Anyone?

No I haven't....I'll check it out.:thumbsup:

Idk.  Why not just start a new band.

I'm not big on fractured bands, especially if the singer is no longer with the band. 

Was just reading an article on Billy corgan.  They were asking him about new Smashing pumpkins.   His reply was , there would be no more S P without everyone being on board, because it wouldn't really be the same without everyone.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Idk.  Why not just start a new band.

I'm not big on fractured bands, especially if the singer is no longer with the band. 

Was just reading an article on Billy corgan.  They were asking him about new Smashing pumpkins.   His reply was , there would be no more S P without everyone being on board, because it wouldn't really be the same without everyone.

I totally disagree in the case of STP ......the DeLeo's and Eric Kretz deserve to be able to carry on the legacy that Scott and his addiction fucked them out of. They were the real core of the band regardless and if a new voice happens to extend what is one of the most prolific groups of writers we have seen in 3 decades then I am all for it.

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I totally disagree in the case of STP ......the DeLeo's and Eric Kretz deserve to be able to carry on the legacy that Scott and his addiction fucked them out of. They were the real core of the band regardless and if a new voice happens to extend what is one of the most prolific groups of writers we have seen in 3 decades then I am all for it.

I don't disagree they should be able to. I'm just struggling to think of example of key members leaving and a band striking that kind of magic again.

Pink Floyd, Zeppelin,  some decent solo stuff , but never really the same. Not a real big fan of  VH,  but I guess you could argue they pulled it off.

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I don't disagree they should be able to. I'm just struggling to think of example of key members leaving and a band striking that kind of magic again.

Pink Floyd, Zeppelin,  some decent solo stuff , but never really the same. Not a real big fan of  VH,  but I guess you could argue they pulled it off.

STP is probably my favorite band out of all of them. I am open to them trying it in hopes that it brings me another magical album or two. Its purely selfish for me 

27 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Love STP not sure I'll like the new stuff as I liked the sound of them with weiland the best. Man I've seen a lot of my childhood music hero's bite the dust. Drugs are bad kids.

Now that is/was some good shit. :bc: 

23 minutes ago, Legend said:

some dead guy

And yet, there's that.

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

STP is probably my favorite band out of all of them. I am open to them trying it in hopes that it brings me another magical album or two. Its purely selfish for me 

Definitely one of my favorites from that era.   Core was a great album.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Definitely one of my favorites from that era.   Core was a great album.

I can listen to all five albums and there are times during each of them that I think each one is the best. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I still have it on a playlist somewhere on my Ipod, agreed.

I am so thankful I saw them before Weiland died. I wish I would have seen soundgarden and rage against the machine .......I should probably go to a pearl jam show before Stone Gossard kicks off or something