Check your account email address ×

Trash...

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

A little bit everywhere. St. Louis, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. I was fed a line of shit. Took getting into my 20's to figure that out. Doesn't make ma and dad bad people. It's simply all they knew. 

I grew up in the deep south.  We were as poor as dirt.  My parents never once gave me the impression that blacks and Mexicans couldn't be trusted.  Quite the opposite actually.

What did your father and mother do for a living?  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I grew up in the deep south.  We were as poor as dirt.  My parents never once gave me the impression that blacks and Mexicans couldn't be trusted.  Quite the opposite actually.

What did your father and mother do for a living?  

My father was a chemist and regional general manager of the mid western district of ralston purina corp. He traveled the world. He had over 200 patents in the food industry with an 8th grade education. Really bright guy. Mom was manager for Montgomery Wards. Later she became a stay at home mom. 

28 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I was taught to be cautious and distrusting of blacks by my parents. And they were taught the same by their parents. Racism breeds racism. 

Odd.  

My parents taught me to be cautious and distrusting of those that deserve it.  Such as the aforementioned waste of oxygen. :bc:

Neal

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My father was a chemist and regional general manager of the mid western district of ralston purina corp. He traveled the world. He had over 200 patents in the food industry with an 8th grade education. Really bright guy. Mom was manager for Montgomery Wards. Later she became a stay at home mom. 

Wow.  So upper middle class families in the midwest teach their kids to be racist?  Strange.  

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow.  So upper middle class families in the midwest teach their kids to be racist?  Strange.  

It’s not as though my parents ever identified as being racist. They thought that they were very even handed when it came to race issues. I don’t think racism is inherently evil or bad. I know historically there’s been a lot of death and dehumanization caused by racism. But that’s not widespread these days. Racism today looks a lot different than during 1800’s when blacks were considered 7/8’s human and property of a master. 

18 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Odd.  

My parents taught me to be cautious and distrusting of those that deserve it.  Such as the aforementioned waste of oxygen. :bc:

Neal

Different times. I grew upon the 1960’s. Civil rights were coming in and Jim Crow laws going out. 

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

As the saying goes Tom, people fear what they don't understand. There's racism amongst people in upper Midwest and Great Plains states who have never spent much time around the minorities they hate. 

Just now, SSFB said:

As the saying goes Tom, people fear what they don't understand. Plenty of racism amongst people in upper Midwest and Great Plains states who have never spent much time around the minorities they hate. 

Yoop is the most racist area in the nation according to google heat map of racist search terms lolz

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

As the saying goes Tom, people fear what they don't understand. Plenty of racism amongst people in upper Midwest and Great Plains states who have never spent much time around the minorities they hate. 

I find that one of the most amazing facts ever.  Either people being racist or lashing out against racism who have never, EVER spent any time in a region where there are high diversity numbers.

Idiots on both sides.

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Bingo. My parents received their understanding about blacks from their parents. My maternal gp were rural dairy farmers in central Wisconsin. My paternal gp were very very poor living in a shack in northern Wisconsin. I doubt that my parents ever had a meaningful conversation with a black person until the were well into adult hood. My uncle married a Japanese woman following WWII. He was an engineer helping to reestablish Japanese industry following the war when they fell in love. That was a fucking blast for the family. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I find that one of the most amazing facts ever.  Either people being racist or lashing out against racism who have never, EVER spent any time in a region where there are high diversity numbers.

Idiots on both sides.

It’s true on the other side as well. There’s many blacks who’s only interaction with whites has been with cops and people in authority. They have a very ignorant view of most whites. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

39 minutes ago, SSFB said:

As the saying goes Tom, people fear what they don't understand. There's racism amongst people in upper Midwest and Great Plains states who have never spent much time around the minorities they hate. 

His father travelled the world....I'm sure he encountered many people of different ethnicity and race. He is full of shit as usual.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

27 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Bingo. My parents received their understanding about blacks from their parents. My maternal gp were rural dairy farmers in central Wisconsin. My paternal gp were very very poor living in a shack in northern Wisconsin. I doubt that my parents ever had a meaningful conversation with a black person until the were well into adult hood. My uncle married a Japanese woman following WWII. He was an engineer helping to reestablish Japanese industry following the war when they fell in love. That was a fucking blast for the family. :lol: 

My uncle on my mom's side married a Panamanian woman that he met while he was there during Noriega's overthrow.  Being from very rural northern Nebraska, his family was quite worried that this Panamanian woman was using my uncle to get into the country. Once they got to know her it was pretty clear to them that they were wrong. 

My dad was raised a Christian fundamentalist and he married my Mom who was a Lutheran. Marrying her was almost like marrying another race. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

His father travelled the world....I'm sure he encountered many people of different ethnicity and race. He is full of shit as usual.

I'm not standing behind Greg's story, just telling you what I've seen in my life. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea.  Shit just doesn't add up with Spin.  

13 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I'm not standing behind Greg's story, just telling you what I've seen in my life. :bc:

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Are you losing your mind?

Nope...why don't you ask Tom and Joel the same thing?