Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

Fuzzy, I'm glad to see you're feeling better.  The paramedics said it was hit & miss there for a bit.  Apparently they had to inject the meds because you were flopping around like a caught Sturgeon.  .

We're all just glad you're ok, brutha!

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

Like I said, I phoned BRP and told them to quit with the DI, as Garth says it ain't workin'...... they've contacted Engineering in Austria.  Will keep you posted. 

How are the trails?

It was all I could get..

Fraserdale tomorrow.  Just leaving Hearst now after a late lunch.. (we didn't get outta Cochrane till 1030..) back to Cochrane now via some see trials might have ta do Smooth Rock for Dinner.

Puzzle the two 16' Polaris  800's and 800 E are getting within 500ml of each other on two fill ups so far. 

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Like I said, I phoned BRP and told them to quit with the DI, as Garth says it ain't workin'...... they've contacted Engineering in Austria.  Will keep you posted. 

How are the trails?

Puzzle; the only one who has made that statement, is you.

Does DI need to get 20% better fuel economy in order to "work"?

I'm sure there's some figure they're shooting for.  Otherwise, what would be the point?  It adds a hell of a lot of complexity. 

2 hours ago, Garth said:

Puzzle; the only one who has made that statement, is you.

Does DI need to get 20% better fuel economy in order to "work"?

Nope, you wouldn't buy a company with that technology, spend millions on Engineering, manufacturing, etc., and more millions on marketing with little to no benefit. 

In any case, I have noticed a tangible difference at the pumps, and consistently. Is it always 20%?..... no, but always significant.

In any case, get some numbers -,MPG, or l/100 kms.

Edited by Puzzleboy

No need to be sorry.  I already posted 600 class figures, the difference between the 2 was more than 25%.  You not believing it, changes nothing. Back in 2010, I had a 600 ETEC.  And I can vouch for those numbers. 

And my personal experience has shown a tangible difference, including on my 800s.  Perhaps your buddy's 800 needs some work, track is tight, who knows.  Who rides at the front?  And are the ETECS stock?  Just curious....

In any case, saving some gas is not a monetary thing.  But increased range, and fewer fumes are a good thing, IMO.  It's a tech worth exploring.

Edited by Puzzleboy

The 6 numbers from 2010 I can believe as I've been there.

Why do you shy away from the topic of current 800's? 15 and up Polaris 800 are way better on fuel than 09-14, (how did they do that without the requisite DI??) so your 800 "experience" is irrelevant once again.

There's nothing wrong with that Doo. I lead.

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Nope, you wouldn't buy a company with that technology, spend millions on Engineering, manufacturing, etc., and more millions on marketing with little to no benefit. 

In any case, I have noticed a tangible difference at the pumps, and consistently. Is it always 20%?..... no, but always significant.

In any case, get some numbers -,MPG, or l/100 kms.

What good are mpg or l/100kms?

Tinker reported the speedometer on the new 850 off by 12%.   There have been similar findings on all brands of speedometers being off on radar runs.

Wouldnt that mean distance traveled as recorded by odometer is off by upto 12% on the new doo?  The speed and mileage is recorded together.

So mpg comparrisons would always be in favour of the unit with most faulty odometer?

Is that the true reason doo's speedometer is off by 12%?  Planned by doo to make unit sell better? 

Could doo actually eliminate this error but it would hurt their statistical claims?

• Like 1

Yesterday ran From Cochrane on A To Hearst late lunch,  then back via L155 and L123. 375 Miles (604km) on the day. Trials around Moonbeam and Kap Excellent. Get off the A wherever possible.

2 hours ago, Garth said:

Yesterday ran From Cochrane on A To Hearst late lunch,  then back via L155 and L123. 375 Miles (604km) on the day. Trials around Moonbeam and Kap Excellent. Get off the A wherever possible.

That's a nice run, I did it back in 2005.  Is A beat up?

Who said to use the machine's odometer?  .  Use GPS on your phone if you like. 

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

What good are mpg or l/100kms?

Tinker reported the speedometer on the new 850 off by 12%.   There have been similar findings on all brands of speedometers being off on radar runs.

Wouldnt that mean distance traveled as recorded by odometer is off by upto 12% on the new doo?  The speed and mileage is recorded together.

So mpg comparrisons would always be in favour of the unit with most faulty odometer?

Is that the true reason doo's speedometer is off by 12%?  Planned by doo to make unit sell better? 

Could doo actually eliminate this error but it would hurt their statistical claims?

How do you know there's nothing wrong with that Doo?  Oh, right, if there were....... it would not support your rants. 

3 hours ago, Garth said:

The 6 numbers from 2010 I can believe as I've been there.

Why do you shy away from the topic of current 800's? 15 and up Polaris 800 are way better on fuel than 09-14, (how did they do that without the requisite DI??) so your 800 "experience" is irrelevant once again.

There's nothing wrong with that Doo. I lead.

Puzzle's bible magazine SnowGoer reported the following in 2016, looks like Garth was right.

XF 6000 CrossTrek: 12.27 mpg, 222 miles per qt. of oil

ZR 8000 LXR 137: 10.25 mpg, 106 miles per qt. of oil

600 Rush Pro-S: 12.46 mpg, 163 miles per qt. of oil

800 Switchback Adventure: 13.81 mpg, 142 miles per qt. of oil

MX Z X 600 H.O. E-TEC: 16.55 mpg, 213 miles per qt. of oil

Renegade Enduro 800R E-TEC: 13.63 mpg, 149 miles per qt. of oil

RS Vector LE: 14.34 mpg

Right about what? 

The 800 Doo and 800 Poo are almost identical, and the 600s (which are the most comparable in the group), aren't even close.  Over 25% difference!

Must be due to DI not working.......

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

How do you know there's nothing wrong with that Doo?  Oh, right, if there were....... it would not support your rants. 

It runs fantastic (like a clock) and gets comparable milage to other 800 etec in the group.I've got lots O miles on them myself.

No rants puzzle, again I'm sorry to dissapoint you on my use of reality as an example.

Let's keep on the current 800's as the topic as per the original arguement. 600's Polaris is behind in the fuel econ dept yes I agree.

"Behind"?  It's not in the same hemisphere.  And DI is not limited to 800s...... No need to apologize for your rants.  We all get a good chuckle over it. 

In any case, my experience at the pumps, is to the contrary. 

Running like a clock in your estimation, doesn't mean anything. 

Are the trails really that bad up there?  That's a hell of a lot of driving for shit trails..... you should have just gone to Sudbury. 

4 minutes ago, Garth said:

It runs fantastic (like a clock) and gets comparable milage to other 800 etec in the group.I've got lots O miles on them myself.

No rants puzzle, again I'm sorry to dissapoint you on my use of reality as an example.

Let's keep on the current 800's as the topic as per the original arguement. 600's Polaris is behind in the fuel econ dept yes I agree.

Edited by Puzzleboy

You missed the point, as usual.  Was just surprised that anybody who drove 10 hours to snowmobile, is more concerned with logging onto FS to argue inarguable technology.  Lol

Have some beers with your buds, or something! :)