Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

19 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The real AMX cars were 68 and 69. After that they were Javelins with an AMX trim.  I lost a nice 70 Javelin with the Mark Donahue special package by an hour a few years back.  Instead I got a nice 68 Barracuda out of South Carolina, sold it and bought a bunch of old Vettes......no time for old junk anymore......just a nice a nice SL 550 with the AMG trim package sitting in my garage waiting for May....

One of my best buds bought the 88 stang.  Still has it today, well sort of, bought a kit and plopped the guts in.  Then two years ago bought another new stang.  

Yep, the old Vettes were junk....... especially the disco C3s......

22 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The real AMX cars were 68 and 69. After that they were Javelins with an AMX trim.  I lost a nice 70 Javelin with the Mark Donahue special package by an hour a few years back.  Instead I got a nice 68 Barracuda out of South Carolina, sold it and bought a bunch of old Vettes......no time for old junk anymore......just a nice a nice SL 550 with the AMG trim package sitting in my garage waiting for May....

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, the old Vettes were junk....... especially the disco C3s......

All vettes are junk especially the ugliest ones built, the C5 and C6 series......they look like VW Kit cars

Was just rippin' on Poncho, he owned a few I believe..... although I did replace the front clip on a '75 convertible..... and it was a pretty junky design. 

I do like the C2s though. 

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Junk?

Edited by Puzzleboy

37 minutes ago, Poncho said:

That is true , the two seat AMX's are the real deal . But I have always loved the 71-74 for styling and looks . 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Was just rippin' on Poncho, he owned a few I believe.....

I do like the C2s though. 

Vets are a toy...ive had a bunch...farthest thing from junk....the c3s from 75(except for 75 convertible)to 77 were the least desired.

1 minute ago, StevieWonder said:

That is true , the two seat AMX's are the real deal . But I have always loved the 71-74 for styling and looks . 

image.jpg

Yes they were nice too.....I had a girl friend with a 304 powered 71 Javelin, nice car

C3 came out in 1968.  Same basic chassis until 1983.  C3s and C4s are best left forgotten.  Rotten birdcages...... including the one I worked on.  Absolute mess. 

Vets are a toy...ive had a bunch...farthest thing from junk....the c3s from 75(except for 75 convertible)to 77 were the least desired.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yep I had four of them, one was a 454.  After the C4 the C5 and 6 were ugly  I like the C7 a bit but after the C3's they kind of all look VW Kit cars especially the 5 and 6

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

C3 came out in 1968.  Same basic chassis until 1983.  C3s and C4s are best left forgotten.  Rotten birdcages...... including the one I worked on.  Absolute mess. 

You get what you pay for.....they didnt make a vet in 83

Yeah, and the C4 was so stylish..... Lol

Point is, they worked after 1996.  They actually starting building a proper American supercar that could handle, could go, was/is extremely reliable, even got incredible MPG.  Even a 350 C5 smacks your old 454 down.... And I haven't seen too many people who thought it looked like a VW kit car..... Lol

They got out of the slug market, and let Mercedes take that over......

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yep I had four of them, one was a 454.  After the C4 the C5 and 6 were ugly  I like the C7 a bit but after the C3's they kind of all look VW Kit cars especially the 5 and 6

Did you get the VW Porsche conversion kit?

Volk1-340x199.jpg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I liked my 87 best...my 06 the least...imo every vet 82 and under wasnt a daily driver. :bc:

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

They did not build any C3's in 1983.  The last year for the C3 was 1982. They built 6 C4's in 1983 and none sold to the general public. The C4 was officially released in 1984.  Please only comment on things you know......