Check your account email address ×

Why Opioids are such an american problem.

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Opioids should be over the counter cheap and unlimited....  the problem will grow before it retracts but it will take care of itself eventually.

Well, it’ll sure send masses down the gutter in a rapid fashion.  Is that what you mean by “take care of itself”?  In other words, a culling?

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

joy reid, one of the better, more informed anchors in the biz, just owned the shit out of some repuke on this topic. he was crying about the money it'd cost to help with these problems and stated we have a $20T debt. she basically said "what, you're going to increase all that with this tax plan". then he was like well, um, more revenue, um.... :lol:

I’d like to see that.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I find this statement perplexing and troublesome.  But completely understandable.

I can fully understand why you’d be perplexed. Most of our clients argue the same argument that you do. The clients that cling to the willpower based approach to recovery often times die in the gutter you referred to. 

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

you weren't watching? :news:

Watching hockey.  I don’t really watch any of that political bullshit at night.  Just flip around every now and then.

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I can fully understand why you’d be perplexed. Most of our clients argue the same argument that you do. The clients that cling to the willpower based approach to recovery often times die in the gutter you referred to. 

I can understand that.  My comment wasn’t really derogatory (maybe just a bit).  Fact is, I know some really need professional help and they can get back on their feet again.  Some just can’t and won’t though.  These are the ones we need to let go. Or like Analer said, “Round them up and send them away.” :lol:

@Arctic Cat Destroyer:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Watching hockey.  I don’t really watch any of that political bullshit at night.  Just flip around every now and then.

I can understand that.  My comment wasn’t really derogatory (maybe just a bit).  Fact is, I know some really need professional help and they can get back on their feet again.  Some just can’t and won’t though.  These are the ones we need to let go. Or like Analer said, “Round them up and send them away.” :lol:

@Arctic Cat Destroyer:lol:

I don’t get paid to give up on them when most everyone else has. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I don’t get paid to give up on them when most everyone else has. 

I envy some of that.  I honestly do. I just don’t have it in me.  Animals and children is where my empathy (and charity) go.

• Platinum Contributing Member

i think this BS has quite a bit to do with the opiate problem, hope the scumbag fuck rots in jail,,

An Arizona billionaire was arrested Thursday and charged with leading a conspiracy to profit from an opioid narcotic.

John Kapoor, 74, the founder of opioid pharmaceutical producer Insys Therapeutics (INSY) and the sixth richest man in Arizona with a net worth of $2.1 billion, was charged with the illegal distribution of a fentanyl spray and with violating anti-kickback laws, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston.

Kapoor's scheme allegedly included bribing doctors into over-prescribing a painkiller intended only for cancer patients.

Most of the patients who were prescribed the fentanyl-based painkiller called Subsys – intended only for cancer patients – did not have cancer, authorities said.

The drug is reportedly 80 times stronger than morphine, the Arizona Republic reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/27/arizona-billionaire-fueled-opioid-crisis-with-bribery-scheme-authorities-say.html

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it’ll sure send masses down the gutter in a rapid fashion.  Is that what you mean by “take care of itself”?  In other words, a culling?

I’d like to see that.

.4% increase in growth is all it takes to pay for the tax cuts.   If GDP was 1.8% and putting the money back in the hands of the consumer grew the economy to 2.2% the cuts would be paid for.   You have to love these static analysis' of economic plans.   

Time to make changes to the CBO.   They are the go to for everything yet they are wrong more than long term forecasts in weather.  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

.4% increase in growth is all it takes to pay for the tax cuts.   If GDP was 1.8% and putting the money back in the hands of the consumer grew the economy to 2.2% the cuts would be paid for.   You have to love these static analysis' of economic plans.   

Time to make changes to the CBO.   They are the go to for everything yet they are wrong more than long term forecasts in weather.  

Agreed.  Ignorantly wrong for the better part of their existance.  Reminds me of that show "Smarter than a 5th grader".  Answer:  No.

15 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

So what do you propose? Some people need opioids for pain control.

Drink water, take a knee, and face out. @Zambroski AM I RITE!??!?!!!!11!!

But that is a good question. Most of the people I know that have been prescribed get them for pretty minor shit. I don’t know how you make the determination. I’ve never had an opioid and I really hope I never have to. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

But that is a good question. Most of the people I know that have been prescribed get them for pretty minor shit. I don’t know how you make the determination. I’ve never had an opioid and I really hope I never have to. 

Had morphine once and I can tell you its some pretty amazing shit.   It wasn't hard for me to say to myself it would be best not to be on this very long.   I know of some people where long term pain control is needed and there is no choice but prolonged use of Opioid's.  

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WTF...not even watching that fucking garbage. He just made a speech addressing it and has been in office less than a year yet he is mishandling it.

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!  OR, beat your fucking face!!!!!

:lol:

Fine line between "hard" and stupid.  I've crossed over many times...with some really bad results.  

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Had morphine once and I can tell you its some pretty amazing shit.   It wasn't hard for me to say to myself it would be best not to be on this very long.   I know of some people where long term pain control is needed and there is no choice but prolonged use of Opioid's.  

I've had some really good stuff too.  And Immediately realized after the euphoric pain loss that this isn't a good thing to appreciate all that much and it's time to exersize extreme caution.  In fact, I've probably thrown away more pills than most will ever take.  

14 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well Josey Wales got a poultice from Granny Hawkins but I suspect that was for controlling bleeding and not pain. :lol:

i agree Greg that we have become a take a pill society and I can only imagine the long term costs societally, physically and mentally.

The stunning reality is that the United States consumes 80-85% of prescription narcotic based analgesic medication and we’re 1/15 of the population. 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!  OR, beat your fucking face!!!!!

:lol:

Fine line between "hard" and stupid.  I've crossed over many times...with some really bad results.  

I've had some really good stuff too.  And Immediately realized after the euphoric pain loss that this isn't a good thing to appreciate all that much and it's time to exersize extreme caution.  In fact, I've probably thrown away more pills than most will ever take.  

We've thrown away tons of it.   From my boys' surgeries to them prescribing it for wisdom teeth.   

Just now, Highmark said:

We've thrown away tons of it.   From my boys' surgeries to them prescribing it for wisdom teeth.   

It always made me wonder, "Why in the hell did they give me so much of this shit?"

We can go back to some of Anler's posts for this I think.  Right @Arctic Cat Destroyer?

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Whether you like Trevor or not this piece is spot n and doesnt pull punches or play party bullshit. Pharmaceutical companies are corporate drug dealers and pushers and the have the blessing of the US congress. But hey, both parties arent the same... :handjob:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It always made me wonder, "Why in the hell did they give me so much of this shit?"

We can go back to some of Anler's posts for this I think.  Right @Arctic Cat Destroyer?

Yep and multiple refills.   Its fucking crazy.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I already gave the answer to why they give you so much shit. Sheesh. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The stunning reality is that the United States consumes 80-85% of prescription narcotic based analgesic medication and we’re 1/15 of the population. 

We have a "magic pill" for everything!  We're so awesome!!!  

"Have you hug your Big Pharma today?"  ....they wanna hug you!