Check your account email address ×

International 7300

6 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That DT 466 is the best engine they ever made. Its a runner. And parts are pretty readily available for it. That engine is a 500,000 mile engine 

Good to know!

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

We had a dt466 in an old garbage truck. Always started and was great on fuel. Never had an issue.

The engine will be in a bucket truck which is always idling, garbage truck duty is tough.

what year is it? if its older with a mechanical injection pump then yes it was a pretty good motor. the newer ones not so much. and if its new enough that has all the latest emission stuff on it. idleing for hrs on end has its own set of problems. ih has had a lot of trouble withe there motors in the last few yrs  .   thats why they went back to cummins. i was talking to a fleet tech the other day they have a 10 yr old freightliner that needs an exhaust filter. it rusted out $8000 for a new one

4 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That DT 466 is the best engine they ever made. Its a runner. And parts are pretty readily available for it. That engine is a 500,000 mile engine 

DT466great motor

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , Vin , wtf are you doing with a bucket truck , putting up christmas lights ? :bc:

He's a little short but other than that he fits the suit....

IMG_3484.thumb.JPG.c73c818eef289fa9c418fe8cb3b6e03d.JPG

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good to know!

The engine will be in a bucket truck which is always idling, garbage truck duty is tough.

If it is going to be idling you should get a hybrid truck and reduce your manmade global warming foot print.

7 hours ago, snowstorm said:

what year is it? if its older with a mechanical injection pump then yes it was a pretty good motor. the newer ones not so much. and if its new enough that has all the latest emission stuff on it. idleing for hrs on end has its own set of problems. ih has had a lot of trouble withe there motors in the last few yrs  .   thats why they went back to cummins. i was talking to a fleet tech the other day they have a 10 yr old freightliner that needs an exhaust filter. it rusted out $8000 for a new one

Ditto on all of it.  Good post!

16 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good to know!

Yep garbage truck is full throttle then on the brakes from house to house. Then reved up for compacting every couple houses.

Dt466 was one tough son of a bitch!

18 hours ago, snowstorm said:

Good question, my superintendent has several trucks he wants to look at tomorrow, any years in particular to stay away from?

17 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I know nothing about this truck! Will you be willing to loan it out to put Christmas lights up? Asking for a friend.:lol:

For you the world!! :bc:   BTW I will sell you our current truck cheap, it will get you up 54' :thumb: 

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , Vin , wtf are you doing with a bucket truck , putting up christmas lights ? :bc:

How did you know? :lol: 

Primarily parking lot lighting maintenance, installation of poles,  and other various outdoor high work we do

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

If it is going to be idling you should get a hybrid truck and reduce your manmade global warming foot print.

The diesel should be an improvement over the current gas 6.0L :fluffy: 

And if it isn't I will just dismiss it as fake news :lol: 

Edited by Mileage Psycho

a 7300 is fairly new. every engine has emission problems. its not if but when. just part of it now. now that vw owns %49 of navistar  things may improve. i know the owner of the largest navistar dealer up here. he sold the state 150 new trucks last year. i asked him how many broke down in the first snow storm. he said it wasnt that bad they all fit in his garage 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good question, my superintendent has several trucks he wants to look at tomorrow, any years in particular to stay away from?

For you the world!! :bc:   BTW I will sell you our current truck cheap, it will get you up 54' :thumb: 

How did you know? :lol: 

Primarily parking lot lighting maintenance, installation of poles,  and other various outdoor high work we do

The diesel should be an improvement over the current gas 6.0L :fluffy: 

And if it isn't I will just dismiss it as fake news :lol: 

You going to haul it to Puerto Rico and go sub contracting?  Puerto Rico will be a union gig for lineman.  Prolly good hourly rate if you had a truck.

Under the contract, the hourly rate was set at $330 for a site supervisor, and at $227.88 for a “journeyman lineman.” The cost for subcontractors, which make up the bulk of Whitefish’s workforce, is $462 per hour for a supervisor and $319.04 for a lineman. Whitefish also charges nightly accommodation fees of $332 per worker and almost $80 per day for food.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/small-montana-firm-lands-puerto-ricos-biggest-contract-to-get-the-power-back-on/2017/10/23/31cccc3e-b4d6-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.4644f3dd7eff

• Like 1

There is a place that sells a bunch of used ones in Plainfield,on the frontage road, west side of I 55.  That's not to far from you,coming out of Kennelworth? Was scouting out some off trail areas last Fri, this is a nice area that you may be familiar with???

IMG_3319.JPG

Edited by Woodtick
Added pic

37 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There is a place that sells a bunch of used ones in Plainfield,on the frontage road, west side of I 55.  That's not to far from you,coming out of Kennelworth? Was scouting out some off trail areas last Fri, this is a nice area that you may be familiar with???

IMG_3319.JPG

That's pretty thick woods in that area.

• Like 1