Check your account email address ×

espn, the former sports channel, Suspends jemele hill

i hope to hell this thing with the cowboys escalates into something big, like some of his key players disobeying "da masta's" orders. the idea of this fuck hiring and harboring criminal players so he can make some coin, and then getting all emotional at trump's demand over the anthem is comical as hell.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i hope to hell this thing with the cowboys escalates into something big, like some of his key players disobeying "da masta's" orders. the idea of this fuck hiring and harboring criminal players so he can make some coin, and then getting all emotional at trump's demand over the anthem is comical as hell.

Agreed!  Why I largely agree with Jones position on this, lets get real, he's a complete douchebag, who's covered for some pretty bad behavior over the years.

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Its a business, they are employees, the business owner needs to do what he thinks is best for his business

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

Its a business, they are employees, the business owner needs to do what he thinks is best for his business

we've already seen "what is best for his business" - good football players. which is why I want one of his star black players to disobey the orders. jones won't fire him and let some other team pick him up....

Edited by Snoslinger

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Was a serious question, had this helped at all? Will less unarmed black men get killed because of this? 

It may be, but it's clearly missing the point. 

Is raising awarenesses going to make a difference in the long run? Absolutely

Just now, motonoggin said:

It may be, but it's clearly missing the point. 

Is raising awarenesses going to make a difference in the long run? Absolutely

I disagree.  These types of blatant "in your face" protests hurt every cause since they've been done to damn death.  It's bothersome white noise.  ANd making it more disrespectcul and beligerant helps zero.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I disagree.  These types of blatant "in your face" protests hurt every cause since they've been done to damn death.  It's bothersome white noise.  ANd making it more disrespectcul and beligerant helps zero.

Again you're making about disrespecting the flag. 

You aren't even listening to what's being said, you're just parroting the fascist line.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Again you're making about disrespecting the flag. 

You aren't even listening to what's being said, you're just parroting the fascist line.

Where did I mention the flag?  You just made it about that, not me.  I didn't "parrot" anything..those are my words and my thoughts, although, most assuredly shared with a MASSIVE amount of the population here, and the world.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Where did I mention the flag?  You just made it about that, not me.  I didn't "parrot" anything..those are my words and my thoughts, although, most assuredly shared with a MASSIVE amount of the population here, and the world.

Then what is them kneeling disrespecting? 

You as a person? Your cat?

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Then what is them kneeling disrespecting? 

You as a person? Your cat?

Not disrespecting me at all.  I don't give a fuck.  But they are blatantly disrespecting a lot of people.  And it's on purpose...and it's political...and it's gross.  Game over.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Does anyone honestly think America deserves respect from an oppressed class? 

:lol:

"oppressed class".  As clearly demonstrated by the multi-million dollar American athletes.  Who better to represent..AMIRITE? 

Oops.  Sorry..this is a failed narrative and poor plan also..and again.

Capatalism Moto.gif

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not disrespecting me at all.  I don't give a fuck.  But they are blatantly disrespecting a lot of people.  And it's on purpose...and it's political...and it's gross.  Game over.

"oppressed class".  As clearly demonstrated by the multi-million dollar American athletes.  Who better to represent..AMIRITE? 

Oops.  Sorry..this is a failed narrative and poor plan also..and again.

Capatalism Moto.gif

These guys are giving voice to the voiceless and they'd be right there with them if not for some talent and luck. 

But you want to make it about anything except what it is and claim some sort of injury to your tender sensibilities from their actions. That makes it easier to re-center the conversation on whiteness and white feelings instead of what it's actually about.

This is how racism works. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

These guys are giving voice to the voiceless and they'd be right there with them if not for some talent and luck. 

But you want to make it about anything except what it is and claim some sort of injury to your tender sensibilities from their actions. That makes it easier to re-center the conversation on whiteness and white feelings instead of what it's actually about.

This is how racism works. 

No.  No, no, no, no.  The players themselves fucked up their own narrative when they said many times, ON CAMERA, they really didn't know what they were protesting in"solidarity".  Many just said "Trump".

Stop white knighting a cause for a people that can't seem to care enough about it themselves.  It looks stupid as hell.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

They don't. They want obedience. 

It's not about respect and it never has been.

Acivilized society does require a certain amount of obedience.  Hell, even an uncivilized one does. But it's not really about "respect" so much as trying real hard not to disrespect others.