Check your account email address ×

Republican leaders take Russian cash

GOP campaigns took $7.35 million from oligarch linked to Russia

Party loyalty is often cited as the reason that GOP leaders have not been more outspoken in their criticism of President Donald Trump and his refusal to condemn Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. Yet there may be another reason that top Republicans have not been more vocal in their condemnation. Perhaps it's because they have their own links to the Russian oligarchy that they would prefer go unnoticed. 

Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin's favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank. 

During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonard "Len" Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik's donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik's holding companies, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org....more

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Really have Democrats in congress taken Russian cash?

Every Democrat in Congress would suck a scabby Russian dick if there was a pile of Russian money involved. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Every Democrat in Congress would suck a scabby Russian dick if there was a pile of Russian money involved. 

oh no no no ......democrats are beyond reproach ....just ask MC.....he is an independent 

i remember a certain group of people up in arms when they thought obama was accepting some foreign cash. now there's this, on top of all the other facts about russia, the same russia who was our biggest enemy over a year ago, and they could care less 

telling, very telling

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i remember a certain group of people up in arms when they thought obama was accepting some foreign cash. now there's this, on top of all the other facts about russia, the same russia who was our biggest enemy over a year ago, and they could care less 

telling, very telling

nobody here is condoning this....just calling out blatant hypocrisy over inferring that its just R's who take cash from what could be considered hostile foreign sources 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

nobody here is condoning this....just calling out blatant hypocrisy over inferring that its just R's who take cash from what could be considered hostile foreign sources 

Correct. It's treasonous.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Correct. It's treasonous.

absolutely .....I loved the idea of making politicians were a uniform listing their donors like sponsors on a race team :lol: fucking disgusting pieces of shit 

21 minutes ago, Edmo said:

How soon he forgets about the 25 million of Saudi money given to Hillary. :lol: 

saudi money has been given to many admins in some form or another. not defending it, but your selectivity gage needs calibrated.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

absolutely .....I loved the idea of making politicians were a uniform listing their donors like sponsors on a race team :lol: fucking disgusting pieces of shit 

I guess if they want to take that money, then they shouldn't be ashamed of it, correct?

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

so maybe you could find some links showing the usual rwws condoning? i'm positive i've read some of MC posts condoning ALL of it. same with corporate cash.

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

saudi money has been given to many admins in some form or another. not defending it, but your selectivity gage needs calibrated.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/

No political party or candidate should take any money from foreign governments. It reeks of impropriety. They’re going to want something in return, that is obvious...

Edited by Edmo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

telling, very telling

Yeah now it’s OK

imagine Obama accepting cash from ISIS 

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah now it’s OK

imagine Obama accepting cash from ISIS 

Ahh ....since we funded ISIS you could say that Obama did worse then accepting cash from them........he gave it to them

fucking idiot