Check your account email address ×

VARNEY: America’s wealth has gone up more than $5 trillion since the election

Just now, DriftBusta said:

What are guys you up to now, .0027% of the popuulation?  Gotta be tough doing all the recruiting with such a soft snowflake group of candidates.  Hipster beards and skinny jeans aren't all that intimidating :dunno: 

Nothing like going all in on the most failed form of governing in history. :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No idea on fees.....Morgan Stanley .....no idea.......my company has a bunch of funds that are a mix of stuff I assume and based on your projected retirement age. I am in some of those ...some emerging markets .....etc etc. I held some bond funds through the last few years fearing a pull back but I think my worst year in the last 7 was 8%

Now I am 100% stable value.....which is mostly money market

Dude.  Put your shit back into a bunch of growth focus stuff.  Emerging markets were getting their dick handed to them in 16, but have rebounded nicely in 17.  Youre young, it always comes back.  Like others have said, its not timing its time in.  And theres a bunch of data to back it up. :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Dude.  Put your shit back into a bunch of growth focus stuff.  Emerging markets were getting their dick handed to them in 16, but have rebounded nicely in 17.  Youre young, it always comes back.  Like others have said, its not timing its time in.  And theres a bunch of data to back it up. :bc: 

I'm going to wait for the looming correction to take a massive bite out of the over inflated market....I dont trust the retard at the helm as far as I can throw him

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What are guys you up to now, .0027% of the popuulation?  Gotta be tough doing all the recruiting with such a soft snowflake group of candidates.  Hipster beards and skinny jeans aren't all that intimidating :dunno: 

'you guys' :lol:

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Nothing like going all in on the most failed form of governing in history. :lol: 

USSR was state capitalist. 

Just now, f7ben said:

true communism has never been tried and never will be because it discount human nature which would never allow it to exist in its pure form. 

It's pure form is essentially a hippie commune, those couldn't even last more than a few years. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

true communism has never been tried and never will be because it discount human nature which would never allow it to exist in its pure form. 

There is nothing in human nature that would make us exploitative of each other. 

It's the conditions in which we operate that govern our behavior. Change the conditions and you can change the behavior.

Hard to know how much higher the market will go, the world economy has picked up, the US dollar is lower helping exports, the big question is if tax reform fails what the effects will be.

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There is nothing in human nature that would make us exploitative of each other. 

It's the conditions in which we operate that govern our behavior. Change the conditions and you can change the behavior.

Complete bullshit. 

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Many people were pretty flat or slightly negative in 15.  Thats where a good FA can make a huge difference.  The set it and forget it guys can't match a well managed portfolio.

yeahhhhhno.  You guys overplayed your hand

Set it and forget it guys.  Lol.  Nobody cares about one year returns, but if your 3 to 5 are not in the top quartile, you might as well forget it.  Lol.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Capitalism is nature, bro.

Capitalism is why we have water.

Calling communism bullshit isn't claiming capitalism is perfect or even saying anything about it. Your delusional hyperbole sure should bring in the masses though bro, good luck with that dream. :bc: 

to claim greed isnt human nature is to discount mans entire history .....there will always be those that exploit and those that are exploited.....capitalism facilitates that but communism makes it easy as well. Anarchy is really the best way to combat it as with small cells those right minded individuals have enough power in the group to cast out or punish those that violate others rights or act unethically 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

to claim greed isnt human nature is to discount mans entire history .....there will always be those that exploit and those that are exploited.....capitalism facilitates that but communism makes it easy as well. Anarchy is really the best way to combat it as with small cells those right minded individuals have enough power in the group to cast out or punish those that violate others rights or act unethically 

Hoarding anything is a result of the condition of perceived scarcity. 

And ultimately anarchism is communism. 

Minus the dictatorship of the proletariat

Edited by motonoggin

Just now, motonoggin said:

Hoarding anything is a result of the condition of perceived scarcity. 

then why are those that are of elite status the ones most likely to abuse their power to achieve even more wealth and power ....the system does not corrupt individuals .....individuals corrupt the system 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yep.

Basically the people that exploit under capitalism are the same exact ones that do it under communism. To not understand this is to be ignorant of history. 

Just now, f7ben said:

then why are those that are of elite status the ones most likely to abuse their power to achieve even more wealth and power ....the system does not corrupt individuals .....individuals corrupt the system 

Spot on. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Because they're fucking psychopaths that happen to thrive through exploitation of others. The 'system' empowers and enables them.

Just now, bussman said:

Yep.

Basically the people that exploit under capitalism are the same exact ones that do it under communism. To not understand this is to be ignorant of history. 

the problem with any system is centralization of power making it impossible for the individual to exert any influence at all .....those that attain power easily manipulate enough of the populace to retain power. That is very tough to do on a small level where like minded individuals wield influence 

Just now, f7ben said:

the problem with any system is centralization of power making it impossible for the individual to exert any influence at all .....those that attain power easily manipulate enough of the populace to retain power. That is very tough to do on a small level where like minded individuals wield influence 

I will remind you that communism is classless and stateless, as is anarchism. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Because they're fucking psychopaths that happen to thrive through exploitation of others. The 'system' empowers and enables them.

But we see this behavior across all demographics and economic circumstances....a certain amount of people are unable to overcome the urge to act unethically and prey on those who are disadvantaged. We see this in so many different circumstances its impossible to deny or assign the blame to anything of recent construct

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly why our form of government is the longest continuous one in the present world today. 

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

My 401 went up 13.75% since 1 '17 just checked this morning, halfway to recovering what I lost in the last 4 years due to the dark prince

How in the blue fuck could you be down in the last 4 years?  Sweet Lord you must have Woolie for a planner!

Neal