Check your account email address ×

Seafoam in premixed gas?

irv

Is it OK to run Seafoam in premixed gas?? Most things, like my sleds have oil injection so adding it straight to the gas isn't a worry. I checked the Seafoam can/vids and it is OK to use in 2 cycle engines but I couldn't find any info on using it/adding it to premixed gas? I want to run more through my dirt bike and also add some to my gas can but I am unsure if that is a wise decision? My gut tells me it will be fine as I have never heard any horror stories but I want to make sure first.

Who has all added Seafoam to premixed gas cans/tanks? 

IMG_1741.JPG

Thanks guys! I did re-read the can and it does mention about running it in premixed fuels. Was just worried it may affect the gas/oil mix by separating it somehow. 

No problem adding seafoam to premix.

Seafoam is cheap here too, $7 a can to treat about 50 gallons.  The stuff is amazing.  It really works good on fuel injected motors where the injectors are partially clogged with deposits from bad fuel.  I have used it on many engines with great success.  I recently used it on a friends Onan 5500 watt generator in his motorhome. The Onan would barely start and ran like total crap for at least 5 minutes before it would clean up.  Half a can of Seafoam sprayed directly into the intake track and the generator runs like a top.  IMO it works way better than Marvel Mystery Oil or Lucas Oil Treatment or anything like that.  I don't think there is any need to run the stuff in newer motors that have no runability issues. 

There are lots of videos on youtube showing the benefits of seafoam.  There may be a few videos showing where it didn't make any difference too but for sure my first hand experience with it for over 30 years proves to me the stuff works.

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No problem adding seafoam to premix.

Seafoam is cheap here too, $7 a can to treat about 50 gallons.  The stuff is amazing.  It really works good on fuel injected motors where the injectors are partially clogged with deposits from bad fuel.  I have used it on many engines with great success.  I recently used it on a friends Onan 5500 watt generator in his motorhome. The Onan would barely start and ran like total crap for at least 5 minutes before it would clean up.  Half a can of Seafoam sprayed directly into the intake track and the generator runs like a top.  IMO it works way better than Marvel Mystery Oil or Lucas Oil Treatment or anything like that.  I don't think there is any need to run the stuff in newer motors that have no runability issues. 

There are lots of videos on youtube showing the benefits of seafoam.  There may be a few videos showing where it didn't make any difference too but for sure my first hand experience with it for over 30 years proves to me the stuff works.

Seafoam is equivalent to amsoil....good advertising.

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The shock oil isn't.  Neither is their grease or gear lube.  Thats what I use.  

I use to use all brp stuff when I got a deal on it....now I use all Canadian Tire brand...best bang for the buck.

9 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I have a different opinion on alot of things...ive done well so far in my life with it. :bc:

I guess I don't get why you don't like seafoam?  Do you use sta-bil? Amsoil os top notch stuff too!  You can get it on sale at many places.  I'm still burning up my BRP oil, which I got on sale for $25 a gallon.

I buy a mystery oil in the gallon size and use it in my pump oil cans. I have used it in the past with a oil change. Started using sea foam about 5 years ago once and a while in my old pickup and it works great.

in the 2 stroke sleds I have used Klotz since the 70's and never had a fail due to oil.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I guess I don't get why you don't like seafoam?  Do you use sta-bil instead?  Amsoil os top notch stuff too!  You can get it on sale at many places.  I'm still burning up my BRP oil, which I got on sale for $25 a gallon.

Plenty of better products out there.....a simple google search will find them....and will tell you seafoam is snake oil.

17 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Plenty of better products out there.....a simple google search will find them....and will tell you seafoam is snake oil.

It's just fuel additive.  How much better can another be?  I just get whatever I see first.  So... :dunno:

I think Ice has got you all sidways and argumentative in that weather thread. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's just fuel additive.  How much better can another be?  I just get whatever I see first.  So... :dunno:

I think Ice has got you all sidways and argumentative in that weather thread. :lol:

:lol: im always argumentative....ive never been one to follow. :)