Check your account email address ×

Bhent Airways , first flight

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

What are you babbling about....slinger doesnt know fuck all about flying and if RJM carries paper sectionals he is in the minority ......and what the fuck was I lecturing Tom about :lol: 

About planes and flying in general...until he mentioned he was a pilot and had owned planes in the past.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

About planes and flying in general...until he mentioned he was a pilot and had owned planes in the past.

Well its all right here retard....link it up. I recall discussing the c177 with tom amd him not knowing anything about it. What else was there. Tom also said some stuff about not giving a shit about modern gps and autopilot etc but that sure as fuck doesnt work for long cross country flight. So what else was there slinger or smails i mean

captain ben you are a riot. I advise you to learn how to read charts in case of an emergency situation. you take it as a "slinger knows it all" debate and try to make a point by posting comments from others about it, to try and prove something? I'm not a pilot, not claiming to be a pilot. I do, however, own a boat. if I were to take it out far, into unknown parts of the ocean, I sure as hell would learn how to navigate with the old-school, 100% reliable way of doing things, in the event the electronics goes out. I suggest you do the same. I'm also trying to save you some knocks upside the head when you lose electronics and your wife starts pounding on you when you tell her you're screwed because you don't know how to read charts and didn't want to take up space with them in the cockpit anyway :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Your garmin in the dash doesnt need batteries and neither does your ipad

what if the charts spontaneously combust :lol: what are the odds that your in dash gps and your ipad shit the bed at the same time ......

Real good when the North Koreans do that EMP blast they are threatening to do :guzzle: 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

captain ben you are a riot. I advise you to learn how to read charts in case of an emergency situation. you take it as a "slinger knows it all" debate and try to make a point by posting comments from others about it, to try and prove something? I'm not a pilot, not claiming to be a pilot. I do, however, own a boat. if I were to take it out far, into unknown parts of the ocean, I sure as hell would learn how to navigate with the old-school, 100% reliable way of doing things, in the event the electronics goes out. I suggest you do the same. I'm also trying to save you some knocks upside the head when you lose electronics and your wife starts pounding on you when you tell her you're screwed because you don't know how to read charts and didn't want to take up space with them in the cockpit anyway :lol:

You dont need to advise me to learn to read sectionals .....it is a mandate of getting a PPL. You make some bullshit assertion without any experience or knowledge and then I inform you that not many GA pilots use or carry paper charts. I can prove that assertion with countless opinions from real pilots from all over the world. You however wanna go on arguing like the usual slinger.

As I stated ....I will learn to use a sectional for my checkride and practical exam and then I will never look at another paper sectional again for as long as I live.....just like every other new pilot in the entire fucking world.

Again retard slinger ......there will never be a paper sectional in my plane and that is the opinion largely shared with the entire new generation of pilots today.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You dont need to advise me to learn to read sectionals .....it is a mandate of getting a PPL. You make some bullshit assertion without any experience or knowledge and then I inform you that not many GA pilots use or carry paper charts. I can prove that assertion with countless opinions from real pilots from all over the world. You however wanna go on arguing like the usual slinger.

As I stated ....I will learn to use a sectional for my checkride and practical exam and then I will never look at another paper sectional again for as long as I live.....just like every other new pilot in the entire fucking world.

Again retard slinger ......there will never be a paper sectional in my plane and that is the opinion largely shared with the entire new generation of pilots today.

I can show you countless opinions of pilots who say otherwise. I can see your instructor's notes now - "hard headed, big nosed mofo who thinks he knows it all" :lol:

Edited by Snoslinger

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would bet the majority do carry them Bipolarhooknose, mostly out of date but they carry them :) 

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well its all right here retard....link it up. I recall discussing the c177 with tom amd him not knowing anything about it. What else was there. Tom also said some stuff about not giving a shit about modern gps and autopilot etc but that sure as fuck doesnt work for long cross country flight. So what else was there slinger or smails i mean

:lol:

internet educated bhent was trying to school Tom when he didn't know he was a pilot and made several of us laugh at the audacity to make it out like you were the subject expert.  Amirite Smails.  

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I can show you countless opinions of pilots who say otherwise. I can see your instructor's notes now - "hard headed, big nosed mofo who thinks he knows it all" :lol:

So you think a pilot should carry paper sectionals in case 

between 4 and 6 electronic devices all of which are more valuable then a sectional all fail at the same time :lol: its ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

internet educated bhent was trying to school Tom when he didn't know he was a pilot and made several of us laugh at the audacity to make it out like you were the subject expert.  Amirite Smails.  

that never happened....or anything close to it 

I believe Iceman has been flying for a while.....here is his quote on the matter

"An iPad with a bad elf GPS and ForeFlight or ZephyrCharts is an absolutely amazing tool.  You will have to learn paper chart navigation and how to use an E6B Flight Computer, but honestly, once you pass your flight test and the  written test you can pretty much throw that stuff away nowadays."

what say you now retard slinger......gonna call ice out or what 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I believe Iceman has been flying for a while.....here is his quote on the matter

"An iPad with a bad elf GPS and ForeFlight or ZephyrCharts is an absolutely amazing tool.  You will have to learn paper chart navigation and how to use an E6B Flight Computer, but honestly, once you pass your flight test and the  written test you can pretty much throw that stuff away nowadays."

what say you now retard slinger......gonna call ice out or what 

listen you dickhead, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here. I'm not telling you to use paper over electronics. I'm simply saying it's a pretty good idea to know how to use both, and keep paper in case of emergency. it's what i would do. if I say you win, would you feel a little better?

On 9/12/2017 at 11:21 AM, AKIQPilot said:

I didn't realize you were talking about the 0-360 177.  How much is one of those worth these days?  Got any links to one for sale?

Here is Tom backpedaling away from what he said about a 177 ....95% of 177's were made with o-360's and a lot of the ones that were made with the 150hp o-320 have been upgraded

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

come on man, ben had to know tom was a pilot...

Just now, Snoslinger said:

listen you dickhead, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here. I'm not telling you to use paper over electronics. I'm simply saying it's a pretty good idea to know how to use both, and keep paper in case of emergency. it's what i would do. if I say you win, would you feel a little better?

And you listen dickhead.....I already said as you know that you are required to learn to read a sectional......after that nobody uses them at all and very few even carry them.

Just admit you were talking out your ass and have zero clue and move on

come on man, ben had to know tom was a pilot...

I did not recall Tom was a pilot ....no

Also what Tom stated about forgetting about all the modern electronics and just flying is total bullshit advice for someone who is going to routinely fly their family 480NM cross country

Why would anyone not take advantage of all the benefits of modern apps and electronics?

Plain and simple 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

And you listen dickhead.....I already said as you know that you are required to learn to read a sectional......after that nobody uses them at all and very few even carry them.

Just admit you were talking out your ass and have zero clue and move on

this is where you are wrong. but hey, you read some on-line comments somewhere :lol:

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I did not recall Tom was a pilot ....no

Also what Tom stated about forgetting about all the modern electronics and just flying is total bullshit advice for someone who is going to routinely fly their family 480NM cross country

Why would anyone not take advantage of all the benefits of modern apps and electronics?

Plain and simple 

:lol: how in the fuck did you not know tom was a pilot? it's even part of his name you idiot. I agree with you on the use of modern apps and electronics. where we disagree is on back up.

Edited by Snoslinger

this is where you are wrong. but hey, you read some on-line comments somewhere :lol:

hey fucktard ....Iceman is a pilot and said the same fucking thing I said. I could go on for years posting quotes from pilots about using paper sectionals for toilet paper etc

Just fuck off already you moron ....all you want to do is argue because its me you are arguing with ......you have taken a massive beating every other time you went down this road and this will be no different :lol: 

Hey bent, I think slinger is just trying to help here. You will obviously do what you want, but with your track record you may just want to heed his advice.

I think he cares for your well being?

:lol: how in the fuck did you not know tom was a pilot? it's even part of his name you idiot

I guess its been so long since I've been looking at that handle that I never made the association .......and it IQ pilot ....I always figured that was a polaris reference 

Just now, JEFF said:

Hey bent, I think slinger is just trying to help here. You will obviously do what you want, but with your track record you may just want to heed his advice.

I think he cares for your well being?

His advice is retarded....I will heed the advice of other pilots who are doing the same thing I want to do. Universally their advice is good electronics and take advantage of an ipad and foreflight