Check your account email address ×

GM and Ram going aluminum

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Ebsell said:

They all have. But put a spray in bedliner in the aluminum bed and the problem is solved. 

That particular problem might be solved sure but you don't design vehicles to have thick spray on coatings just to make them last. I'm not so sure the FEA tests they did were in line with dropping block from that high off a bed either.

I don't think GM will have an all aluminum box, not sure what Ram is up to though. 

On 7/22/2016 at 0:08 PM, irv said:

There is a lot of truth in that!

My 13 Ram is still problem free with almost 50,000 km's on it. I did upgrade the brakes/rotors (slotted/drilled) when it came time for a brake job, but that was only because I got them at cost and my buddy, who is a mechanic, owed me one.

Ram for the win! :bc:

IMG_0278 (Medium) (Small).JPG

Wow a whole 30000 miles. And wtf did you need a brake job for in that low mileage, do you day drive with two feet?

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Boered said:

Wow a whole 30000 miles. And wtf did you need a brake job for in that low mileage, do you day drive with two feet?

Pretty much all stock rotors and pads are junk.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Umm.... yeah. I have looked at the current models and what is out there in pickups doesn't come up to par with the King Ranch or the Platinum. The Chevy / GM pickups are just plain FUGLY. I am contemplating a Platinum instead of the King Ranch this time.

I don't care what you LOOKED at , Dingbat .  The GM Denali my be an unreliable , electrical gremlin laden pile of shit but in terms of creature comforts and ride quality , the King Ranch can't come close .

5 minutes ago, Boered said:

Same here. The first set always lasts the longest.

Yeah..my wife can wear out pads on her subies in like 30k ...the originals will go close to 50-60k with her.

She warps a rotor every now and then also.

14 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ford would be suing GM if they faked those holes in the bed.

Never said they faked them, but they didn't happen the first time they dumped them into the bed 

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Why did the fire department peel off the entire body side?

Probably because it was easier 

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I don't care what you LOOKED at , Dingbat .  The GM Denali my be an unreliable , electrical gremlin laden pile of shit but in terms of creature comforts and ride quality , the King Ranch can't come close .

Dumb as a post. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine