Check your account email address ×

They played their first American show , 40 years ago today

26 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Chuck Berry , Elvis, Johnny Cash. Without them, no modern rock and roll F7Bengay.

Indeed.  I had actually written up a nice paragraph about it,then got distracted before I could submit it...then z stole my thunder :lol:. I think modern rock gets deeper too...I'm pretty sure the blues bands from way back had a big part in it too 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Indeed.  I had actually written up a nice paragraph about it,then got distracted before I could submit it...then z stole my thunder :lol:. I think modern rock gets deeper too...I'm pretty sure the blues bands from way back had a big part in it too 

Some of Led Zeppelins songs are from old blues bands...like this song for example....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Best ever is zeppelin. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. :news:

I've never been an all out fan of zep but I recently heard a live rendition from like 1972. It was about 27 minutes long and it may have been the best live performance I have ever heard. 

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Worst rock band ever

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its faggot music

This isn't a thread about Guns N Roses 

6 hours ago, xcr700 said:

The Doors ftw 

My favorite from that time 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I've never really been a fan.  :popcornchair:

Gotta give props to KISS.  Marginal talent but damn!  Those boys knew how to put on a show!  It's still a band I'll let play on the radio when I run across them.  

Organ music.  I can't do it.  

WORTHLESS TRIVIA!  Did you know that Morrison started singing on stage with his back to the audience?  He was too nervous to face them at first.

Marginal talent :lol:

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Some of Led Zeppelins songs are from old blues bands...like this song for example....

zeppelin like most musicians stole from previous musicians.  But as far as hard rock bands go there is no better.  

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Appetite for Destruction is arguably one of the greatest hard rock album of all times.  Had use your illusion been cut to the best songs it would be in the top 10 as well.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Kiss is talented...but they are talented everywhere but as musicians....They are marketing geniuses....nothing more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

zeppelin like most musicians stole from previous musicians.  But as far as hard rock bands go there is no better.  

Agreed...its too bad Robert Plant didn't want to continue after Bonzos death....but in the end thats what makes them soo great. :bc:

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Appetite for Destruction is arguably one of the greatest hard rock album of all times.  Had use your illusion been cut to the best songs it would be in the top 10 as well.  

Both are garbage

13 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Kiss is talented...but they are talented everywhere but as musicians....They are marketing geniuses....nothing more.

I like some of their tunes...hell, its hard not to find a half dozen or so out of what?  25 albums.  But they are probably the best self promoting marketeers EVER in rock music.  There isn't a person on this planet that doesn't recognize that band from one of their painted faces.  I mean...FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Image result for kiss destroyer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I like some of their tunes...hell, its hard not to find a half dozen or so out of what?  25 albums.  But they are probably the best self promoting marketeers EVER in rock music.  There isn't a person on this planet that doesn't recognize that band from one of their painted faces.  I mean...FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Image result for kiss destroyer

Sure they have some good songs...but they are not great....far from it.....like you said...great promotion. :bc:

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sure they have some good songs...but they are not great....far from it.....like you said...great promotion. :bc:

Yeah...but show me a guy that can't sing along to "Detroit Rock City" while we twist one up in the car, and I'll show you a fucking faggot that needs a slap and a ride home.

:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Saw them in 93. Fuckin unreal show. One of the best shows ever.  Then I saw Pink Floyd........

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Same here.  I liked Zeppelin too,but I think I over played the tapes in my car till I couldn't play them anymore.  Bought new ones,wore them out after a year lol. My problem is I over played them. Can't listen to them that much anymore 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Saw them in 93. Fuckin unreal show. One of the best shows ever.  Then I saw Pink Floyd........

I saw them in 86 at MLG in Toronto....seem to recall it being their Asylum tour...it was ok...far from great compared to others that are great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Same here.  I liked Zeppelin too,but I think I over played the tapes in my car till I couldn't play them anymore.  Bought new ones,wore them out after a year lol. My problem is I over played them. Can't listen to them that much anymore 

Doors are awesome and still different then anyone before or since imo.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I've never been a fan.  Organ...ick.

I watched Val Kilmer do that movie about them though. Pretty interesting.

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

I used to have a lot of their stuff on vinyl and now have a bunch downloaded on Spotify.....damn they are really good.:thumb:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've never been a fan.  Organ...ick.

I watched Val Kilmer do that movie about them though. Pretty interesting.

You probably played with your organ too much is my guess. O.o

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Yup, I burned myself out on the Zeppelin,

My GF in high school  mom had a bitching record collection. We spent months in her basement blaring every Album and banging like rabbits.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup, I burned myself out on the Zeppelin,

My GF in high school  mom had a bitching record collection. We spent months in her basement blaring every Album and banging like rabbits.   

:quaqmire:Good times :lol::bc:

• Like 1