Check your account email address ×

No More Cash?

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Only 1 station like that here and that's in Clam Lake, they know me and never ask us to pre-pay, they always turn on the pump when we show up. Heck even when we go shopping to Rice Lake 80 miles away they never have pre-pay pumps.

Youre lucky

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Only 1 station like that here and that's in Clam Lake, they know me and never ask us to pre-pay, they always turn on the pump when we show up. Heck even when we go shopping to Rice Lake 80 miles away they never have pre-pay pumps.

I forgot that you don't travel much. :bc:  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I forgot that you don't travel much. :bc:  

Not anymore, couple 100 miles to see my youngest daughter is about it, rarely to the Milwaukee area which is 350+.

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I wouldn't be very proud of that.  

It's a tough call sometimes.  I love to wheel and deal..and a lot of my offers may be "upsetting" to sellers, but they work out more times than not (my last didn't though >:( ).  I'm kinda funny...I like the thrill of the chase but I'm very generous also.  i'll sometimes base my offer on the seller's persona.  Tool bag?  Low ball like hell...and make him wait for it.  Good person? A solid and fair offer.....usually accepted.  Either way I always try to walk away as a friend.

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that is what the fed wants

Yep.

I keep around $8k handy for the pop-up stupendous deals.  I also pay cash for quite a bit of stuff.  I've been completely debt free for 7 years now and essentially have ZERO credit because credit cards don't usually report unless you ask them to.  Not bad credit...not good....NONE AT ALL.  You'd think that'd be seen as somebody that has their shit together.  IT IS NOT.  I am NOT at all what the banking industry or even anything related to the US economic monster wants.  In fact, I am a pariah.  Funny thing is, they make is clearly known too.  Try to do basic shit with utilities, phones, etc where credit is necessary with ZERO credit. Brutal. I get penalized.  Got three new Iphones with a new carrier last year......had to pay $500 per phone and pay upfront for the first three months.  Like I'm some common trailer trash. :lol: and I truly just :lol:Cuz reality is.....WINNING!  FUck the banks and their little scoring system for how much I can be fleeced.  

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Not really.  Why would you go into a store and stand in line to pay for your fuel if you didn't have to?  

Really no lines most days where we go, Hayward does during tourist season though.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a tough call sometimes.  I love to wheel and deal..and a lot of my offers may be "upsetting" to sellers, but they work out more times than not (my last didn't though >:( ).  I'm kinda funny...I like the thrill of the chase but I'm very generous also.  i'll sometimes base my offer on the seller's persona.  Tool bag?  Low ball like hell...and make him wait for it.  Good person? A solid and fair offer.....usually accepted.  Either way I always try to walk away as a friend.

Yep.

I keep around $8k handy for the pop-up stupendous deals.  I also pay cash for quite a bit of stuff.  I've been completely debt free for 7 years now and essentially have ZERO credit because credit cards don't usually report unless you ask them to.  Not bad credit...not good....NONE AT ALL.  You'd think that'd be seen as somebody that has their shit together.  IT IS NOT.  I am NOT at all what the banking industry or even anything related to the US economic monster wants.  In fact, I am a pariah.  Funny thing is, they make is clearly known too.  Try to do basic shit with utilities, phones, etc where credit is necessary with ZERO credit. Brutal. I get penalized.  Got three new Iphones with a new carrier last year......had to pay $500 per phone and pay upfront for the first three months.  Like I'm some common trailer trash. :lol: and I truly just :lol:Cuz reality is.....WINNING!  FUck the banks and their little scoring system for how much I can be fleeced.  

I am no expert but if you own assets like a house, 401k, pension, etc. you have credit and a credit score.  I am debt free too and have been for several years.  I have a credit score.  

44 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Me neither really.  If I am paid in cash for some work I've performed I just give it to my wife.  Not sure exactly what she does with it but I assume it goes in the safe at home or into the bank the next time she is there.  

Your wife has you fooled, most women spend that shit. :lol:

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow.  That isn't even an option around here or almost any place I've been to in the last 5 years.  

16 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thats all good...but most places are pay at the pump now or go inside 1st

There are still areas of civilization that are trusting.

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not really.  Why would you go into a store and stand in line to pay for your fuel if you didn't have to?  

I've never stood in line to pay for fuel

Just now, snoughnut said:

Your wife has you fooled, most women spend that shit. :lol:

There are still areas of civilization that are trusting.

I've never stood in line to pay for fuel

If I wanted the $$$ for myself I wouldn't give it to her.  I fully expect her to spend it.  

It really isn't so much about being trustful.  It's about being modern and environmentally friendly.  Years ago, the State of AK adopted very strict rules with regards to underground storage tanks.  Over a short period of time every fuel retailer had to upgrade their systems to meet these strict rules.  These upgrades include modern state of the art fuel dispensing equipment and pumps.  These rules were a boon for small businesses like those that build gas stations and it made life much easier for the customer.  In the end it will save retailers millions when they don't have an environmental disaster to clean up because of a leaking storage tank.   Another example where regulation is good for everyone.  

If you go inside to pay you are standing in line, even if you happen to be the first person in that line.  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I am no expert but if you own assets like a house, 401k, pension, etc. you have credit and a credit score.  I am debt free too and have been for several years.  I have a credit score.  

Not from what I've seen.  My report comes up "no data available".  I have assets and thus, collateral but no actual score.  It's kinda neat.  It's like I'm 18 again....but with money and better brains.  Our credit scores have been used as propaganda by the banking industry to set a benchmark of self worth.  They have done a great job at making us all enter into a volunteer hostage situation.  Look at all the commercials on tv about getting a good credit score.  Funny as hell to me.  I got fucked really hard in the downturn...and woke up to what had really happened.  Now, it's kind of a fun game to me.  I've got "issues" though. :lol:

Sad part is, for most people, they need credit..and need it bad.  Our consumer pricing for large items are all based on affordability of the monthly payment.  In other words, how much can they extract each month from each individual.  So few people are taught anything different...or for sure aren't taught to be aggressive with financial freedom.  Just taught to be a good little worker bee.....and close to broke for the rest of their lives.  Even people with limited skills/brains can make improvements every day to help themselves IMO. 

But...for most:

Image result for retirement demotivator

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Not from what I've seen.  My report comes up "no data available".  I have assets and thus, collateral but no actual score.  It's kinda neat.  It's like I'm 18 again....but with money and better brains.  Our credit scores have been used as propaganda by the banking industry to set a benchmark of self worth.  They have done a great job at making us all enter into a volunteer hostage situation.  Look at all the commercials on tv about getting a good credit score.  Funny as hell to me.  I got fucked really hard in the downturn...and woke up to what had really happened.  Now, it's kind of a fun game to me.  I've got "issues" though. :lol:

Sad part is, for most people, they need credit..and need it bad.  Our consumer pricing for large items are all based on affordability of the monthly payment.  In other words, how much can they extract each month from each individual.  So few people are taught anything different...or for sure aren't taught to be aggressive with financial freedom.  Just taught to be a good little worker bee.....and close to broke for the rest of their lives.  Even people with limited skills/brains can make improvements every day to help themselves IMO. 

But...for most:

Image result for retirement demotivator

So how did you make your millions if you don't mind saying.  Did you ever work for a company, draw a paycheck?  

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

They do sell them like that at the leather shop but I don't have one. I know it's not smart carrying that much cash but I have been doing that since the 1960's and have been ok so far. When I go boating or ATV/sledding I only carry about $500-$600 in cash, wifey carries about the same.

I used to carry alot of cash too. It made me too nervous. I didn't want people knowing I had that kind of cash in my house or in my truck. These days I rarely have over $50 on me. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Anler said:

I always tip in cash.

Same.  Taxation is theft.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Snoslinger said:

did you see one of the more conservative mouthpieces on fox called it "collusion"? :news:

Taxation?

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I used to carry alot of cash too. It made me too nervous. I didn't want people knowing I had that kind of cash in my house or in my truck. These days I rarely have over $50 on me. 

It's pretty laid back where I live, no one even locks their homes when they go away on trips, I do cause 26 years ago I came here from an area where you could get robbed if you tried that and it is still engraved on my mind to lock the house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So how did you make your millions if you don't mind saying.  Did you ever work for a company, draw a paycheck?  

Dave is about to be upset. :lmao:Here we go!          Edit:  just skip to the last part if you want.  I'm into my second cup so...... :lol:

Of course I drew a paycheck early on.  How I ended up making enough money to "call it" is a bit convoluted though.  Me and a top producer jumped out on our own to peddle some shit to try and make our own "splash" but I was always looking for the next best thing......the next step up into a bigger league.  I showed little loyalty to companies and orgs that made money off of me..and they all do.  Luck and timing played a huge roll but I also took some huge risks along the way.  It's amazing how big money starts to notice little aggressive fish in the pond....and while they used me to make them $$$$$$, I got to learn from some unbelievably smart business minds and build a massive contact list.  Not to discount my wife either...she was an executive at a fortune 200 shop.  So, I did maybe have some opportunities to "play" that a lot don't.  But it made no difference what she did to me.  I'd live in a fucking tent if I saw the end game paying off handsomely.  I had to tell her twice that I just about lost everything we had making some big bets along the path...and she never really flinched.  Imagine.!!!!!!  Deals with me on a daily basis AND I lose our bank!  IDIOT!!!! :lol:

In short, most of my money was made as a business consultant.  Primarily in the mergers and talent acquisition arena.  The big money is finding and convincing executives to look at their competitors operation....it's back world clandestine shit with spy like political strategy and maneuvering.  FUCKING CRAZY SHIT!!!!!!!

Just now, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

no

I knew what you meant I just thought it was funny. :lol:  I'll discuss it when you go back and answer my question.  

I retired at 44, now will be 70 in a few days, I got very bored so began fixing sleds/atv's, cars, lawn mowers again, also had a caretaking business. Invested pretty well into the stock market, never will be rich but managed to have almost $345,000 in different funds which are doing quite well with Trump in there. I'd say comfy for my advanced age..:ashamed: 

1 minute ago, Legend said:

Mostly that way here in southern WI too.

Maybe not in Milwaukee.

I've never seen pay first in the Waukesha area I came from when I go back to visit old friends. 

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I've never seen pay first in the Waukesha area I came from when I go back to visit old friends. 

Yeah we are a cash family too. 

We don't carry big amounts, but gas, groceries, shit like that is mainly cash deals. We carry 2 CC for emergencies. I go out west 3-4 times a winter riding for a week or so at a time, and I'm not sitting in the lodging if I blow my sleds up right away. 

First day in Cooke City Mt a few years ago I locked the engine up tight. Broke out the plastic and rented a different brand sled every day. Now I take 2 sleds.

Though most places along the interstates going west are pre pay stations. I have no problem with that, I need to stretch my legs on those 24 hr straight through trips. 

Edited by Legend