Check your account email address ×

No More Cash?

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I do the same. Id probably just lose it eventually.

I have just enough cash in my sock drawer to pay the grand kids a few bucks for helping me with a project.  Other than that we don't use a whole lot of cash.  When we get cash it goes into the bank.  

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have never owned a credit card, ex-wife did though and went nuts a few times with over-spending. I pay cash for everything even trucks and cars.

dealers get pissed when you bring in 30k I know I have done it they have to call every one over and count

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I have just enough cash in my sock drawer to pay the grand kids a few bucks for helping me with a project.  Other than that we don't use a whole lot of cash.  When we get cash it goes into the bank.  

that is what the fed wants

:bc:

Just now, Ez ryder said:

dealers get pissed when you bring in 30k I know I have done it they have to call every one over and count

Hmmm....Id have to disagree with that. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What's weird is back in 2003 I tried to use my debit cad to buy a 3/4 ton truck, they wouldn't take it even though they called the bank and were told I had the money in there to cover it, I had to run back to my bank 50 miles away and get cash. Was the GM dealer in Spooner, Wisconsin. Truck was a 2000 Chevy, still have it..lol

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would swipe the card and get the miles.  $30k is a free round trip ticket to most anywhere I want to go.  

I would swipe the card and get the miles.  $30k is a free round trip ticket to most anywhere I want to go.  

Cash is king in the big picture.... If ya know what i mean

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

That's my point, even at the local ATV/Boat/sled dealer, I can bargain better with cash in hand.

Here's another example, I bought a few year old 19 foot Ranger Reata boat with a 200 Merc on it, boat was $42,000 new, private party, I looked at it outside in February, offered the woman $7,000 cash and she took it, husband had recently passed away and she needed money.

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sure but there is no reason to walk around with more than about $20 in your pocket.  Around here, cash is so easy to get 24/7 that there is no reason to have a bunch in your pocket. At least that's how it works for me.  

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

That's my point, even at the local ATV/Boat/sled dealer, I can bargain better with cash in hand.

Here's another example, I bought a few year old 19 foot Ranger Reata boat with a 200 Merc on it, boat was $42,000 new, private party, I looked at it outside in February, offered the woman $7,000 cash and she took it, husband had recently passed away and she needed money.

I wouldn't be very proud of that.  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

She actually came to my home with info on other items she wished to sell as she no longer had a use for, I bought some smaller tools and power equipment from her, no one else ever came to look at her boat till I saw it for sale on consignment at a local marina. I bought this Boat I sold Ben in a similar fashion albeit from a dealer.

IMG_0666.JPG

Edited by XCR1250

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Shitty...but hard to pass that up

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sure but there is no reason to walk around with more than about $20 in your pocket.  Around here, cash is so easy to get 24/7 that there is no reason to have a bunch in your pocket. At least that's how it works for me.  

Exactly

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Those kinda deals are tough

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Shitty...but hard to pass that up

Exactly

Those kinda deals are tough

What's even more odd about the Ranger boat thingy is the woman hired my wife for awhile to do cleaning at the cabin resort she was selling and at her private home.

So Don.  How do you pay for fuel at the gas station?  Do you actually go inside and lay $100 on the counter and tell them you are going to "fill it up"?  Do you just give the cashier $40 and only put 18 gallons in?  

How is it possible to be any more inconvenient than using Cash for fuel?   

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

What's even more odd about the Ranger boat thingy is the woman hired my wife for awhile to do cleaning at the cabin resort she was selling and at her private home.

She was definitely liquidating

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Why would that be odd?  She seemed to have found a new friend in you guys, someone she could trust.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

So Don.  How do you pay for fuel at the gas station?  Do you actually go inside and lay $100 on the counter and tell them you are going to "fill it up"?  Do you just give the cashier $40 and only put 18 gallons in?  

How is it possible to be any more inconvenient than using Cash for fuel?   

I pump myself and then go in to pay. Have always done it that way.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I pump myself and then go in to pay. Have always done it that way.

Thats all good...but most places are pay at the pump now or go inside 1st

Wow.  That isn't even an option around here or almost any place I've been to in the last 5 years.  

In BC its law now....have to pay before you pump.

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Thats all good...but most places are pay at the pump now or go inside 1st

Only 1 station like that here and that's in Clam Lake, they know me and never ask us to pre-pay, they always turn on the pump when we show up. Heck even when we go shopping to Rice Lake 80 miles away they never have pre-pay pumps.