Check your account email address ×

CNN has hissy fit over Trump gif, bullies 15 year old kid

Just now, SSFB said:

CNN and Trump taking us all for a ride on the race to the bottom. :bc:

What?  How is this a race to the bottom?

Yeah, we should have elected Johnson.  Think he'd find his way to the White House by now?  And if he did, would he even know where he was?  

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, we should have elected Johnson.  Think he'd find his way to the White House by now?  And if he did, would he even know where he was?  

Bill Weld was there though... He could have tucked him in at night like we tuck MC's bitch ass in everyday when he gets all dementia'd up. 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The level of polarization and dishonesty is off the charts. Trump and CNN both fuel that fire even more.

Gary ran a shitty campaign and definitely had some cluelessness about him. But he's 1000 times more honest than Donald Trump. 

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The level of polarization and dishonesty is off the charts. Trump and CNN both fuel that fire even more.

Gary ran a shitty campaign and definitely had some cluelessness about him. But he's 1000 times more honest than Donald Trump. 

Potheads are often too dumb to lie 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

The level of polarization and dishonesty in the discussions is about as low as it's been. 

Trump and CNN both fuel that fire even more.

Gary ran a shitty campaign and definitely had some cluelessness about him. But he was 1000 times more honest than Donald Trump. 

I'm calling it a "correction".  The media have become a power out of control while walking hand and hand through the lies with the Obama administration.  Polarization?  That's been building to this head for a long time now.  Again, time for a correction.  Who better than Trump to do it?  There isn't a career politician in the world that can do what he is doing.  I still find most of it good in spite of obstructionists trying to save their own skin on both sides.  His mistakes and bloviations due to ego were expected...by me anyway.  

You've said that Johnson ran a poor campaign many times now.  And, I can agree.  But fact is, the man had his moments to add to his base and fucked it up.  Blew apart on his own.  I'm not sure I can put that on any political campaign staff.  He seemed not only oblivious to world events.  But actually quite clueless in general.  In short, he came across as an imbecile.  Jill, while disconnected from most of society ( :lmao: ), did find a way to at least come across as an intellectual.

Shameful third/fourthh parties.  Let's see what happens in 3 1/2. I'll certainly expect a better showing. God fucking knows we all need it.

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

CNN and Trump taking us all for a ride on the race to the bottom. :bc:

Well yes , his twitter nonsense is just that , nonsense , but that aside , it seems that he's been spot on when it comes to CNN .  :bc: 

46 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yes, yes they did. They said in very clear words that they would publish his name if he didn't continue to play ball. So are you somehow making a logical jump that if he didn't play ball in the first place, they would not have published then? Come on. 

Play ball? He never had a right to be an anonymous bigot in the first place Plus CNN does this shit because they're already grasping for breath due to the public's lack of trust.

45 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You cant prevent abuse btw. It would go against freedom of the press. Only the citizens can stop that through the action of boycotting them. 

I'm pretty sure CNN is already feeling the consumer pressure, that's why they're doing stupid shit like this for attention.

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I am not. I think the issue you are having here is coming to some self/side awareness over the left's hypocritical idea of freedom of speech.  Or rather, their distorted idea of it.  This was wrong.  It was blatantly wrong.  Period.  And it was over something stupid.

Prevent it further?  Well, right now, other networks are hopefully learning from  CNN's terrible decisions.  Kind of a teaching "don't ever do this" moment for journalists.

I'm playing devil's advocate, I have no problem understanding what's going on here :lol: 

Just now, Wildboer said:

Play ball? He never had a right to be an anonymous bigot in the first place Plus CNN does this shit because they're already grasping for breath due to the public's lack of trust.

I'm pretty sure CNN is already feeling the consumer pressure, that's why they're doing stupid shit like this for attention.

I'm playing devil's advocate, I have no problem understanding what's going on here :lol: 

Yeah, I get that.  But this is a poor scenario in which to play "devils advocate".  You probably let get that too.

Trump is going to correct the levels of polarization? He's done nothing for polarization except add to it so far and his personality isn't going to help lessen the polarization, that's pretty easy to see.

Of course Johnson had moments to add to his base and fucked it up. That's the main reason why I say he ran a bad campaign. Fact of the matter is that the media could have asked Trump the same question and instead of answering honestly he would have side-stepped the question because you know as well as I do that Trump wouldn't know what Aleppo is either. 

I hope a common sense businessman teams up with a military guy in 2020, I think that'd be great, but they probably wouldn't win.

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well yes , his twitter nonsense is just that , nonsense , but that aside , it seems that he's been spot on when it comes to CNN .  :bc: 

CNN sucks just like the rest of the big news outlets.

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Trump is going to correct the levels of polarization? He's done nothing for polarization except add to it so far and his personality isn't going to help lessen the polarization, that's pretty easy to see.

Of course Johnson had moments to add to his base and fucked it up. That's the main reason why I say he ran a bad campaign. Fact of the matter is that the media could have asked Trump the same question and instead of answering honestly he would have side-stepped the question because you know as well as I do that Trump wouldn't know what Aleppo is either. 

I hope a common sense businessman teams up with a military guy in 2020, I think that'd be great, but they probably wouldn't win.

No, he's correcting the left's polarization of anybody that disagreed with their agenda over the last eight.  It can go too far though.  Dems can start getting their head out of their anuses and start doing something to slow it...otherwise, it'll continue, and so will their losses.  

Trump wasn't a good Q and A guy either.  But he had monumental success behind him in business and a household name brand.  In the end, America voted career politicians out.  For pretty clear reasons.  And they voted against the MSM...again, for clear reasons.

We'll see how this all works out.  But I see the market and business growing and government shrinking.  That's all I care about.  All of us getting along is never gonna happen.  I hope it gets better than what it is now though. We are an abortion of a divided nation.  Blaming Trump for that is asinine.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

We'll see how this all works out.  But I see the market and business growing and government shrinking.  

Not with a Manhattan liberal in the White House. :lol:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Not with a Manhattan liberal in the White House. :lol:

If it's one thing successful business operators can't stand is waste.  I'm betting a lot of those "positions" he hasn't filled yet will go unfilled all together, because they aren't needed.  He's getting push back from his own team on this shit too.  Left and right looking out for their own little cash cow industry suckling off our tax dollars.

Again, we'll see.  But indicators are good so far.  

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Remember when the DNC got fake news to pump up trump so he would win the nomination then Hillary could beat him in the GE?

That's not he new story now though.  The fake news gave him all that free positive coverage to get him elected! :lol:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I get that.  But this is a poor scenario in which to play "devils advocate".  You probably let get that too.

Honestly I didn't really think about it, I don't take myself or anything else on here very seriously, I'm here for shits and giggles at this point, plus it's a good way to remind myself right wingers can be good and decent people too... except for Momo. He's a lost soul.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If it's one thing successful business operators can't stand is waste.  I'm betting a lot of those "positions" he hasn't filled yet will go unfilled all together, because they aren't needed.  He's getting push back from his own team on this shit too.  Left and right looking out for their own little cash cow industry suckling off our tax dollars.

Again, we'll see.  But indicators are good so far.  

Things are different when it's (largely) other people's money. Trump will spend taxpayer money on shit for no other reason than to bloat his ego, just look at his request to the states for their voting records. 

Positions in the Executive branch are literally a drop in the bucket. Over 2/3 of the budget is entitlements and military. Those are the elephants in the room. 

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Remember when the DNC got fake news to pump up trump so he would win the nomination then Hillary could beat him in the GE?

Sure do, here's a good article. :bc:

Here is my point: If we take the Democrats’ claims about Trump’s tyranny completely at face value, then they were willing to promote a tyrant, and roll the dice on tyranny, to improve their odds of winning an election.
This is the only rational, reasonable, conclusion that can be drawn from fully believing the Democrats’ own rhetoric.

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Honestly I didn't really think about it, I don't take myself or anything else on here very seriously, I'm here for shits and giggles at this point, plus it's a good way to remind myself right wingers can be good and decent people too... except for Momo. He's a lost soul.

Don't kid yourself too much.  We're all here for "shits and giggles", but we vary on our own and other's degrees of seriousness. That's good.  That's what these boards are for....shit flinging mixed in with some different ideas up for discussion.

:bc:

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Things are different when it's (largely) other people's money. Trump will spend taxpayer money on shit for no other reason than to bloat his ego, just look at his request to the states for their voting records. 

Positions in the Executive branch are literally a drop in the bucket. Over 2/3 of the budget is entitlements and military. Those are the elephants in the room. 

I don't see his request for voting info as anything other than turn some attention toward voter fraud.  Which has grown into a massive problem.  And I think his way of going about it is uniquely "Trumpish".

When I think "shrinking government", it's not just a budgeting standpoint, it's interference into the free market and economy.  We'll always have big military and entitlement spending.  But the "entitlement" part is a big fucking umbrella of waste.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I don't see his request for voting info as anything other than turn some attention toward voter fraud.  Which has grown into a massive problem.  And I think his way of going about it is uniquely "Trumpish".

When I think "shrinking government", it's not just a budgeting standpoint, it's interference into the free market and economy.  We'll always have big military and entitlement spending.  But the "entitlement" part is a big fucking umbrella of waste.  

How much voter fraud happens is pretty debatable and people like Trump go on innuendo and Alex Jones type stuff. I'm all for keeping illegals from voting and foreign nations from interfering in our elections but the partisans only focus on one or the other. 

I'm in favor of the deregulation and have said so. There is plenty of waste in the military too, not just in entitlements.