Check your account email address ×

Class V?

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Tired of arguing lol.  What a lying little bitch  

I'm not changing the rating system. I'm trying to figure out how someone would think a fun wave train is class V. When there didn't appear to be any danger.  

The post was titled classV?  

My answer is no, that isn't. 

So possible solutions are that at lower water there is a hydraulic, strainer, or undercut ledge that makes it worse. 

Another solution is that they are using the Grand Canyon scale of 1-10. Then sure 5 is fine. 

Or someone is full of shit. 

I know you Trump supporters like to be lied to. I'm sorry if facts make you sad. 

Look at the falls the kayakers are running.  Do you think there is that same amount of danger? 

:snack:

IMG_3188.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnowRider said:

:snack:

IMG_3188.JPG

Me: Here's a link to river classifications.

Here are comparisons to the rivers you claim are tough.

Here is why that video clip wasn't class V.

FS Republicans  " DUH, I want to talk about about bridges "

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

:read::news::lol: 

594aa69f02939_NewRiver.thumb.png.66927e09b1633ba5468516729866e98d.png

Yep Class 3-4 . 

And the Gauley has 5 class V's on it. 

Which are actually pretty easy for the most part but still way tougher than the New

Edited by revkevsdi

Kennebec River Rafting

The 12 mile Kennebec trip begins at Harris Station on Indian Pond and flows through the Kennebec Gorge ending at The Forks, the confluence of the Dead and Kennebec Rivers. Class II-V Rapids.

Penobscot River Rafting

The first 2 miles descend from McKay Station through Ripogenus Gorge. The last 12 miles of rapids end at the take out near Pockwockamus Falls. Class III-V Rapids.

Dead River Rafting

The Dead river offers the longest stretch of continuous whitewater in the East. The 16 mile trip begins at Grand Falls and runs through Class IV and V whitewater ending at The Forks.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Kennebec River Rafting

The 12 mile Kennebec trip begins at Harris Station on Indian Pond and flows through the Kennebec Gorge ending at The Forks, the confluence of the Dead and Kennebec Rivers. Class II-V Rapids.

Penobscot River Rafting

The first 2 miles descend from McKay Station through Ripogenus Gorge. The last 12 miles of rapids end at the take out near Pockwockamus Falls. Class III-V Rapids.

Dead River Rafting

The Dead river offers the longest stretch of continuous whitewater in the East. The 16 mile trip begins at Grand Falls and runs through Class IV and V whitewater ending at The Forks.

No no.....you have to go off of the revgaykev rapid scale which is whatever he thinks it should be just to win and make him sound like the coolest Tupperware boat rider on this snowmobile forum

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Kennebec River Rafting

Penobscot River Rafting

Dead River Rafting

We're planning doing the Penobscot in August.

55 minutes ago, Snake said:

Kennebec River Rafting

Penobscot River Rafting

Dead River Rafting

Class 2 -5. If you read the description that I posted (or knew the slightest thing about whitewater). You would know that it is level dependent. 

Calling maytag at 8700 class v is bullshit. If it made the trip better for you great. Just don't think you can run a real class v down the middle with no skill because it won't go well. 

Can you or skidouchebag. Say where the danger on the video is?

Can you see the difference with the waterfall drops you posted? 

Edited by revkevsdi

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Class 2 -5. If you read the description that I posted (or knew the slightest thing about whitewater). You would know that it is level dependent. 

Calling maytag at 8700 class v is bullshit. If it made the trip better for you great. Just don't think you can run a real class v down the middle with no skill because it won't go well. 

Class V bitch!!

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

do you ever tire of being a queen

We just push his buttons and watch him go! 

Two snaps in a Z formation......Heyyyy :hay:

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I know exactly what you mean by being level dependent. Sometimes the higher water levels wash out what can be a sticky hole at lower levels. I can remember going on a local run when I was fairly new to WW kayaking. I was scared as hell because the river was flowing at 1200 cfs instead of the normal 300 cfs.. The guys I was with told me not to worry about it because it would be easier to run at the higher level. They were right on the money. The wave trains were bigger, but I didn't need to worry about carrying speed through the sticky holes that were there at lower levels. 

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I know exactly what you mean by being level dependent. Sometimes the higher water levels wash out what can be a sticky hole at lower levels. I can remember going on a local run when I was fairly new to WW kayaking. I was scared as hell because the river was flowing at 1200 cfs instead of the normal 300 cfs.. The guys I was with told me not to worry about it because it would be easier to run at the higher level. They were right on the money. The wave trains were bigger, but I didn't need to worry about carrying speed through the sticky holes that were there at lower levels. 

Uh ooh .  These guys are going to be pissed off at you. Talking about facts gets them riled up.

Yep. It really depends on the river. Our local river is a canyon, It's class 3 in low water but 4+ in high water because there are no eddies.

Other river that are steeper create killer hydraulics at high water and become unrunnable.

Then other place wash out and become miles of boogie water when they had ledges a low water.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Unless you have a video of you going in the fucking rapids..... go lay down.

No no, please tell me more about the time you and your buddies were floating down a river sideways, hit a wave so big that half of you fell out. Must be class V if you fall out right?

How many times do you tell people that know whitewater about your class V run down the Kenny at 8,700? Do you see them rolling their eyes? Because I'm pretty sure they are.

I don't feel bad about bursting your, Dave's and Skidouchebag's bubbles because you're all assholes. But we hear rafters on the Ottawa talking about their near death experiences all the time. Your guides ride those rapids in pool toys at night the they talk it up for you. But use your head. Could they really be taking 1,000's of inexperienced people down class V rapids every year and only have a few die? The river FatDave brags about, the Ottawa,(holy shit it took him 10 pages to admit what river it was) had a couple of fatalities in the last 5 years. 1 from a pre-existing heart condition and one drowning with wilderness. Not in the rapid, he too his lifejacket off at a flat beach area and drowned. Oh and another guy died in a bar fight at wilderness. So basically the bar is more dangerous than the rapids. Sorry Fat Dave. 

I know Republicans are told not to think but just try. Why would that be considered class V? You fell out at the "toughest" rapid and nothing happened? You may have been scared, big water isn't easy to swim in but what was going to happen? 

This is from usarafting website.

The Kennebec River is no doubt, the most rafted river in Maine. From the put-in at Harris Dam through the Upper Gorge, you'll learn to work as a team as you negotiate the many rapids the Kennebec has to offer like "Rock Garden", "Big Mama", "Whitewasher", and the infamous "Maytag". The Upper Gorge is the "Ultimate Adrenaline Rush" of fun mixed with fear.

This trip is for beginners or experienced rafters alike, No experience is necessary as it's fun for the whole family! This trip has a minimum age of 10 years old. Younger rafters can join up with us after the Upper Gorge. The lower portion of the river allows you to take in the forests, hills, and wildlife that the Kennebec has to offer. This is also a great time for a swim or to share stories with your guide who is with you the entire journey.

lol 10 years old.   You crazy snake.. Was there are 10 year old handy to pull you back in? Did he yell "Class V bitch" when he hauled your ass back into the dingy?

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

No no, please tell me more about the time you and your buddies were floating down a river sideways, hit a wave so big that half of you fell out. Must be class V if you fall out right?

How many times do you tell people that know whitewater about your class V run down the Kenny at 8,700? Do you see them rolling their eyes? Because I'm pretty sure they are.

I don't feel bad about bursting your, Dave's and Skidouchebag's bubbles because you're all assholes. But we hear rafters on the Ottawa talking about their near death experiences all the time. Your guides ride those rapids in pool toys at night the they talk it up for you. But use your head. Could they really be taking 1,000's of inexperienced people down class V rapids every year and only have a few die? The river FatDave brags about, the Ottawa,(holy shit it took him 10 pages to admit what river it was) had a couple of fatalities in the last 5 years. 1 from a pre-existing heart condition and one drowning with wilderness. Not in the rapid, he too his lifejacket off at a flat beach area and drowned. Oh and another guy died in a bar fight at wilderness. So basically the bar is more dangerous than the rapids. Sorry Fat Dave. 

I know Republicans are told not to think but just try. Why would that be considered class V? You fell out at the "toughest" rapid and nothing happened? You may have been scared, big water isn't easy to swim in but what was going to happen? 

The Kennebec River is no doubt, the most rafted river in Maine. From the put-in at Harris Dam through the Upper Gorge, you'll learn to work as a team as you negotiate the many rapids the Kennebec has to offer like "Rock Garden", "Big Mama", "Whitewasher", and the infamous "Maytag". The Upper Gorge is the "Ultimate Adrenaline Rush" of fun mixed with fear.

This trip is for beginners or experienced rafters alike, No experience is necessary as it's fun for the whole family! This trip has a minimum age of 10 years old. Younger rafters can join up with us after the Upper Gorge. The lower portion of the river allows you to take in the forests, hills, and wildlife that the Kennebec has to offer. This is also a great time for a swim or to share stories with your guide who is with you the entire journey.

lol 10 years old.   You crazy snake.. Was there are 10 year old handy to pull you back in? Did he yell "Class V bitch" when he hauled your ass back into the dingy?

you are truly the biggest  cunt on all the forums I have been on . that is a real accomplishment  you pitcher must be so proud

Lamar: I get scared in big rapids

Me: I've been down Class IV before....it was fun

Lamar: :baby: No you havent!!!!!! 

Me: Posted up several links confirming New river Gorge lower section rapid ratings.

Lamar: Starts talking about a different area all together and calls the New River names even. :lol:

:read::news::read:    

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

you are truly the biggest  cunt on all the forums I have been on . that is a real accomplishment  you pitcher must be so proud

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Lamar: I get scared in big rapids

Me: I've been down Class IV before....it was fun

Lamar: :baby: No you havent!!!!!! 

Me: Posted up several links confirming New river Gorge lower section rapid ratings.

Lamar: Starts talking about a different area all together and calls the New River names even. :lol:

:read::news::read:    

Union Delivery Boy :groin: Rafter Rev 

DUMBEZ/Donald Dumbski :kissmyass:  Union Delivery Boy 

Typical FSCE gang mentality - one of your own gets their ass handed to them with the facts and a few others come shuffling in to blindly defend them :lmao: Gang mentality, spineless pussies, or both :snack: