Check your account email address ×

Pulled the plug on the 401k

Moved everything to a stable money market fund .....up 11% this year and I dont want to give it back when shit crashes. I'll get back in somewhere around DOW 16,0000 

The moves the FED is going to make raising rates and unwinding the balance sheet are gonna hurt , and Trump is a fucking retard

That is my rationale :lol: 

If the steel industry took a 50% haircut right now we would still be pacing better than we ever did under Obama. Obama and his stifling idiotic policy were an industry killer , that is a fact 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Moved everything to a stable money market fund .....up 11% this year and I dont want to give it back when shit crashes. I'll get back in somewhere around DOW 16,0000 

The moves the FED is going to make raising rates and unwinding the balance sheet are gonna hurt , and Trump is a fucking retard

That is my rationale :lol: 

Why are you looking at the Dow as an indicator. :lol:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why are you looking at the Dow as an indicator. :lol:

Because a large % of the holdings of many available 401k funds have DOW components as integral asset ......DUH

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

I would have let it ride a bit longer and done the same thing .   

This slide in tech worried me .....its  been a hell of a run and I'm not dealing with millions of dollars but its important to me to make wise decisions and try to maximize my gain.

Trying to time the market is likely a bad strategy but I feel pretty strongly we are gonna see a correction 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This slide in tech worried me .....its  been a hell of a run and I'm not dealing with millions of dollars but its important to me to make wise decisions and try to maximize my gain.

Trying to time the market is likely a bad strategy but I feel pretty strongly we are gonna see a correction 

I timed it pretty good the last time .   Just keep it simple , the philosophy is  " There is no fucking way that this can last "  .   The last time , people started to act like they were actually entitled to their homes and 401's gaining 20% annually .  That's when I knew it was going to tank .

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I timed it pretty good the last time .   Just keep it simple , the philosophy is  " There is no fucking way that this can last "  .   The last time , people started to act like they were actually entitled to their homes and 401's gaining 20% annually .  That's when I knew it was going to tank .

You're the man Ronski and spot on 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because a large % of the holdings of many available 401k funds have DOW components as integral asset ......DUH

The S&P is far better.  Then again you should hold no more than 40% in the us.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The S&P is far better.  Then again you should hold no more than 40% in the us.

I was probably about 40% US but if you dont think emerging markets and the global instruments are going to take a beating when the US corrects then I have a bridge to sell you 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I was probably about 40% US but if you dont think emerging markets and the global instruments are going to take a beating when the US corrects then I have a bridge to sell you 

Watch the VIX OK.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No it hasn't.  It was down 10% today and near its lowest levels in 30 years.

Fear selling does not help, but whatever.

The VIX may predict minor corrections but what I'm afraid of is a larger fundamental correction exacerbated by the FED shifting away from Obama era policy , Trumps idiocy and the fact that the market has priced in a lot of things that are not going to happen. VIX is fine but at this point I would be long short this market.

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The VIX may predict minor corrections but what I'm afraid of is a larger fundamental correction exacerbated by the FED shifting away from Obama era policy , Trumps idiocy and the fact that the market has priced in a lot of things that are not going to happen. VIX is fine but at this point I would be long short this market.

I would not be worrying about the markets when the VIX is at about 10.  Worry when it get over 30.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I would not be worrying about the markets when the VIX is at about 10.  Worry when it get over 30.

Well , hopefully my timing was good .....we'll see at the end of this year

32 minutes ago, Boered said:

Contact this guy for advice, I have heard he took a three week course.

wilvertoooons.jpg

Well at least I'm not living on the dole and banging my cousin.

Oh, and Ben violated the first rule of long term investing.  But he's free to his own opinion, he didn't ask my opinion and I'm not giving one.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well , hopefully my timing was good .....we'll see at the end of this year

Nobody on this site is going to set up a Go Fund Me page for your soon to be broke ass.:lmao:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh, and Ben violated the first rule of long term investing.  But he's free to his own opinion, he didn't ask my opinion and I'm not giving one.

Agreed.

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Actuallywe discussed this and i took your opinion into account and appreciated the advice