Check your account email address ×

I don't pay much attention to her or the WNBA, but it was on the radio today and I found it kinda funny how she took it like a champ ... "Something I need to work on" (or something like that).  And the rest of the world is going crazy over it.  It's stupid, but I give her credit for how she sees it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I don't pay much attention to her or the WNBA, but it was on the radio today and I found it kinda funny how she took it like a champ ... "Something I need to work on" (or something like that).  And the rest of the world is going crazy over it.  It's stupid, but I give her credit for how she sees it.

WNBA has needed someone like her since its inception. Now they’re staring a gift horse in the mouth, but because she’s the wrong color, they whine. This is straight up racism. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she a rookie that's been getting her ass kicked across the court and struggling for the most part on a 3 win team?  This isn't the NCAA, or the Big 10, lighting up cream puffs like Northwestern or Minnesota every night.  FWIW - they were saying she's gonna be on the team anyway because she's the first alternate & someone will end up being injured.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bontz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she a rookie that's been getting her ass kicked across the court and struggling for the most part on a 3 win team?  This isn't the NCAA, or the Big 10, lighting up cream puffs like Northwestern or Minnesota every night.  FWIW - they were saying she's gonna be on the team anyway because she's the first alternate & someone will end up being injured.

None of that has anything to do with this. She landed a $28m deal with Nike because she is seen as a very marketable and relatable person. Some have their tits in a wringer over the deal because she’s white. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Like you said she's handling herself like a champ and laughing all the way to the bank. Let the others play the race card or bully her on the court, she's making millions she just needs to keep handling herself the same way she is now. Look up Bill Burr why women failed the WNBA or look up the conservative twins they have a couple videos recently about Caitlyn Clark...lol

NOT WORK SAFE

Edited by Jerry 976

• USA Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Bontz said:

Agree 100%

Don't forget that her stats on a really shitty team are padded by default as well.  She hasn't proved that she is the elite talent yet, although it sure looks like that is around the corner.  Even MJ didn't have an amazing rookie campaign...

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

Keep in mind, she is on one of the worst teams in the league.  I'm not sure she should have made the Olympic team but I do know she has a lot of hate in the league even though she is brining money and eyeballs to a struggling league.  I suspect her checks from Nike help her sleep well at night.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

WNBA has needed someone like her since its inception. Now they’re staring a gift horse in the mouth, but because she’s the wrong color and straight, they whine. This is straight up racism. 

Fixed it.

Proof women (most) can't stand one another and will do anything to tear each other down. 

• Like 2

WNBA still doing all they can to try to be relevant.  I can’t be bothered too much with the idiocy.  Women’s hockey is funny enough to me and that’s a real game.  Well, hockey anyway…not women’s hockey.  :lmao:

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

You have it right for the most part...her team sucks, that is the biggest problem...but she is doing pretty well scoring, 3's made, assists, especially for a rookie.  she is averaging a lot of turnovers...some of that because they are guarding the shit out of her.  Just a bunch of jealous, racist rug munchers that don't like her presence.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Don't forget that her stats on a really shitty team are padded by default as well.  She hasn't proved that she is the elite talent yet, although it sure looks like that is around the corner.  Even MJ didn't have an amazing rookie campaign...

She has proven it....maybe not long term but if you watch some of the games she's already is elite and can consistently do things no other player has been able to in WNBA history.   Her  coach dislikes her and she isn't being allowed to shoot as often as she should.   WNBA is a bit like kids sports today.   Everyone has to be involved.  

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Proof women (most) can't stand one another and will do anything to tear each other down. 

There’s no getting around nature. The intrinsic hate magnifies conflict. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s no getting around nature. The intrinsic hate magnifies conflict. 

She literally has the ability to get every player more money and they want nothing more than to destroy her.   

• USA Contributing Member

I'm not really that impressed with her... she throws up fifteen 3 pointers and makes ten and everyone goes crazy.  Her defense sucks and she turns over the ball a lot. 

What she did do was bring attention to the league.

Will she still be the hype she is in 3 years? 

If Team USA and the Olympics are about promoting the sport, she's a no-brainer to have on the team.  If it's about putting your best players on the floor to bring home a gold medal, this shouldn't be that difficult to understand.  The fact the players are so catty, she wouldn't be able to play effectively anyway.  The next Olympics and thereafter, she'll be on the roster .. pretty much guaranteed.

59 minutes ago, Highmark said:

She literally has the ability to get every player more money and they want nothing more than to destroy her.   

She's brought the WNBA back into a spotlight or relevance again and the cantaloupes refuse to see it.  It's like they all think they are surviving on ticket sales alone.  Astonishing level of brain dead.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I'm not really that impressed with her... she throws up fifteen 3 pointers and makes ten and everyone goes crazy.  Her defense sucks and she turns over the ball a lot. 

What she did do was bring attention to the league.

Will she still be the hype she is in 3 years? 

10-15 from 3's isn't impressive?  :lol:  You obviously haven't watched her game much at all.   Yes she isn't to pro level defense yet nor may she ever be but she already is probably the best passer in the league, does steal the ball a lot and also gets a block or two a game.

Set the all time NCAA women's scoring and assist records at the D1 level against better competition than any previous recordholder faced.   Shattered the NCAA women's triple double record.   2 time national player of the year.  Took 2 teams to the national championship game with a roster far less superior than the top teams.

Her game is flat out more exciting than almost any male player right now. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2