Check your account email address ×

Fed Rate remains unchanged

It needs to be raised. But that wont happen cause they gotta get joe back in 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Inflation helps Joe, eh? Raising rates fights inflation.

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Inflation helps Joe, eh? Raising rates fights inflation.

He caused it. Time to face the music. It needs to go up another 1/2 at least. TFB if you dont like it.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

who is 'they' Pete?  :news:

I was hoping 'they' would as I have a couple CD's coming to term in May and June.  

1 minute ago, dsupercat said:

i bond rate went up to 4.28% means things aren't getting better.

what's funny is... these are just 'normal' interest rates.

I'd like to see 10%  :lol:

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He caused it. Time to face the music. It needs to go up another 1/2 at least. TFB if you dont like it.

Presidents don’t cause global inflation, dummy.

Why are to trying to help him by lowering inflation?

:pc:

Does anyone know what’s driving global inflation currently? Something global that happened a few years ago? Something that affected the global supply chain? Something that caused central banks across the globe to flood markets with liquidity and 0% interest rates?

Pete and Racer: Biden was elected. Cable news told me it’s only in the US.

:lolz:

:smack:

I dont watch cable anything. I could give 2 fucks about global anything. I live here that’s what matters. Biden caused this ridiculous inflation. Free this free that save the planet . Fuck this administration and fuck ever dem that supports them. 

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

I dont watch cable anything. I could give 2 fucks about global anything. I live here that’s what matters. Biden caused this ridiculous inflation. Free this free that save the planet . Fuck this administration and fuck ever dem that supports them. 

And that’s why you’re uneducated, you have no clue about economics nor what’s driving inflation.

It’s like saying you need a new mayor because you don’t like gas taxes without realizing the mayor has nothing to do with it. “I live in this town, that’s all that matters.”

Good logic, Pete.  9_9

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

Does anyone know what’s driving global inflation currently? Something global that happened a few years ago? Something that affected the global supply chain? Something that caused central banks across the globe to flood markets with liquidity and 0% interest rates?

was it a global IQ test?  :pc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of America's best-known corporations are saying their consumers are being pinched by inflation as prices continue rising.

Inflation has dominated corporate America's discourse over the past three years following the pandemic-induced easing of monetary policy and trillions of dollars in Covid relief. Though the pace of price growth has cooled since the Federal Reserve began raising interest rates in early 2022, consumers are still feeling the squeeze — and often tightening purse strings — as costs continue climbing.

"It is clear that broad-based consumer pressures persist around the world," McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski said on the fast-food chain's earnings call early Tuesday. "Consumers continue to be even more discriminating with every dollar that they spend as they faced elevated prices in their day-to-day spending."

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/30/companies-from-mcdonalds-to-3m-warn-inflation-is-squeezing-consumers.html

is world and global the same thing?  :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, akvanden said:

Presidents don’t cause global inflation, dummy.

Why are to trying to help him by lowering inflation?

:pc:

You actually think Presidents have zero to do with inflation or zero influence on the Fed?   :lol:  

Biden submitted a $7.3 trillion dollar budget for 2025.   Trumps last submission for 2021 was $4.4 trillion. 

While I agree they might not have massive influence but its there.   From signing deficit spending legislation to being the leader of the party and pushing a specific spending agenda.   They also do influence what the Fed Reserve is doing.   If the SC can be influenced by political values is it a stretch that the FR can be?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You actually think Presidents have zero to do with inflation or zero influence on the Fed?   :lol:  

Biden submitted a $7.3 trillion dollar budget for 2025.   Trumps last submission for 2021 was $4.4 trillion. 

While I agree they might not have massive influence but its there.   From signing deficit spending legislation to being the leader of the party and pushing a specific spending agenda.   They also do influence what the Fed Reserve is doing.   If the SC can be influenced by political values is it a stretch that the FR can be?

There's no helping him.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

There's no helping him.:lol:

Bet he thought Trump increased inflation and had influence on the fed. 

Plugs and company own this lock stock and barrel. 

Inflation is out of control and until this piece of shit is removed nothing will change

• Haha 1