Check your account email address ×

15,000 miles before becoming cleaner

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, toslow said:

4grand for tires?

Nokians for the Tesla are just under $200 a tire.  But then I also get a veteran discount so mounting and balanced and old tire disposal fee I think all in all I think it was $800 and a few dollars for a set of 4

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4878.png

IMG_4879.png

Edited by BOHICA

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Usually stay at hotels visiting family.  Never have plugged in at a families house but they are more like an airplane ride away.  Wife’s family is all around 30-40 miles from our location.  Got 2 chargers in my garage so no need to plug into neighbors.  I would never run an extension cord for an EV as to much crate drop.

most decent hotels anymore offer free charging for EV’s 

Must be fun for you in your world

Screenshot_20240427_202604_Google.jpg

• Gold Member
Just now, Doug said:

Must be fun for you in your world

Screenshot_20240427_202604_Google.jpg

Never seen that happen.  Doesn’t look like an EV charger plug though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nokians for the Tesla are just under $200 a tire.  But then I also get a veteran discount so mounting and balanced and old tire disposal fee I think all in all I think it was $800 and a few dollars for a set of 4

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4878.png

IMG_4879.png

So you bought a set of snow tires, had them mounted and balanced for free, old tires disposed of for free, and get 40k+ for miles out of them driving snow specific tires year round 605 miles a week...

Do you actually expect anyone here to believe this?? 

At least have some morals

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Never seen that happen.  Doesn’t look like an EV charger plug though.

Your blessed good for you 👏 

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So you bought a set of snow tires, had them mounted and balanced for free, old tires disposed of for free, and get 40k+ for miles out of them driving snow specific tires year round 605 miles a week...

They are not snow tires…. The are 3 peak all seasons.  They also have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty.

10% veteran discount at discount tire….  So after mounting and balancing and tire disposal a shade over $800 for 4 tires

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Tirerack has them as well.  

IMG_4883.png

IMG_4884.png

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They are not snow tires…. The are 3 peak all seasons.  They also have a 60,000 mile tread life warranty.

10% veteran discount at discount tire….  So after mounting and balancing and tire disposal a shade over $800 for 4 tires

17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

IMG_4880.thumb.png.91a4fcba80acdfcf6662d43541f196a2.png

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Tirerack has them as well.  

IMG_4883.png

IMG_4884.png

Dam you need to find a place to plug in somewhere your running in limp mode.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Dam you need to find a place to plug in somewhere your running in limp mode.

I don’t have range anxiety.  Don’t plug in until I go to bed and it charges up while I sleep.  

@Rigid1

just did a shopping cart…. $88 install, $13 disposal fee for a grand total of $800 and a few dollars after veteran discount for a 60,000 mile tread warranty all season tire.  They would also price match track so take another $24 off the total.  Think I will get over 60,000 out of mine based on the wear they are seeing.

IMG_4887.png

IMG_4886.png

4 hours ago, toslow said:

What’s the cost of the tires👍😂

It's not relevant.  The amount you save in gas vs charging is nuts.  Completely wiped out that cost.

4 hours ago, toslow said:

I call bullshit on the 400k on a 15min charge

It's complete bullshit.  Tried to tow an empty snowmobile trailer on a road trip in a rivian....and well, fuck that. 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Damn, that's insane, almost unbelievable, 605mi/week...don't you have a company truck to drive back and forth to work too?? Fuck, when I was a sales rep and traveled the entire state of NY seeing customers 50hrs a week I was only a bit over that..And that was my job.....................

I used to put 70-90k on a year....but that was 20 years ago when I was the rep.  Would never do that in an ev.  No fucking way.  My next drive the kids around the city car will be electric, but not for over the road.

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

It's not relevant.  The amount you save in gas vs charging is nuts.  Completely wiped out that cost.

It's complete bullshit.  Tried to tow an empty snowmobile trailer on a road trip in a rivian....and well, fuck that. 

I used to put 70-90k on a year....but that was 20 years ago when I was the rep.  Would never do that in an ev.  No fucking way.  My next drive the kids around the city car will be electric, but not for over the road.

Around 240 miles range with empty trailer….

IMG_4353.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That's the claim of his as well, but not reality

He needs to slow down to Mr Daisy speed to reach those claims.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

He needs to slow down to Mr Daisy speed to reach those claims.

That isn't enough.  Empty trailer and it wouldn't do 150.  460mi trip required 4 stops and the supercharger network shit is far from ideal for it.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

That isn't enough.  Empty trailer and it wouldn't do 150.  460mi trip required 4 stops and the supercharger network shit is far from ideal for it.

Empty twin axle car hauler.  You said empty snowmobile trailer in your post and it’s good for similar.

• Gold Member
Just now, Deephaven said:

As I said, the truck is super optimistic. Try it, it will fail miserably.  We all know even if you do you will lie about it...

The range estimates on the Rivian are pretty dang accurate from my experience.  Probably pushing a 1000 miles of towing with it so have a good idea on the accuracy

On 4/27/2024 at 11:36 AM, BOHICA said:

According to a new study that takes the current battery recycling rates into account, electric vehicles become greener to drive than gas cars much sooner than thought. 

Previous calculations pegged an EV in the US becoming cleaner from an environmental standpoint after about 25,000 miles of driving. That is when their upfront emissions associated with battery production break even, but the mileage varies for each region. 

When taking into consideration their current battery recycling pace, though, electric vehicles actually become cleaner than gas cars after just 15,000 miles, or about a year of average driving in the US.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Electric-vehicles-get-cleaner-than-gas-cars-in-15-000-miles-as-battery-recycling-picks-up.831442.0.html

when realty sinks in and ALL ev disposables are tallied from there usage , i state battery disposal is going to blow all these numbers out of the water,, funny there still no hard plan to deal with it just like, how much is it going to cost to up grade the grid ,, sheep need to wake up

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, polaris7541 said:

when realty sinks in and ALL ev disposables are tallied from there usage , i state battery disposal is going to blow all these numbers out of the water,, funny there still no hard plan to deal with it just like, how much is it going to cost to up grade the grid ,, sheep need to wake up

Grid and battery recycling is expanding as needed currently.  Just not a lot of feed stock for battery recycling as of yet.