Check your account email address ×

Former auto executives warn electric vehicle push happened 'too soon and too fast'

Ontario is balls deep in this fucking mess.

Our "conservative" government watched the green energy fiasco go down under the previous liberal government and railed against it.

They then throw tens of billions into EV's and batteries. Might as well have burned that money and got some heat out of it.

What is in the bloody water at Queens park?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Theirs a lot of uncertainty right now in program development. Programs that were being pushed a couple months at a time but now some are talking years. Possible redesigning some as hybrids or flat out cancelation. ICE vehicles development still moving forward  lol

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

No way.  Every conservative in the US and others warned of this, but the liberals keep pushing their idiocy.

pushed too hard and too fast 

EVs are like abortions, it should be of free will and of personal choice. 

let the free market economy sort it out... like gas prices 

see what I did there?  :lolz:

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

pushed too hard and too fast 

EVs are like abortions, it should be of free will and of personal choice. 

let the free market economy sort it out... like gas prices 

see what I did there?  :lolz:

Exactly, the supreme court left abortion up to the states.  Take more people out of the equation and let the free market of the individual states figure it out.  Pretty cut and dried and we both agree.

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

For every EV on the road that’s one less tank of gas. Great for supply and demand. 

90% of EV owners have an ICE vehicle as well.

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

EV's are more of an "extra" vehicle that drains more on the energy grid, they are not saving anything.

Nonsense. It’s a very practical, efficient, and cost savings vehicle for many. Pull your head out of your ass. 

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Nonsense. It’s a very practical, efficient, and cost savings vehicle for many. Pull your head out of your ass. 

The only people that can afford them are for people that want a 2nd car.  Get your facts straight.  BTW, do you have one?  I rest my case.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The only people that can afford them are for people that want a 2nd car.  Get your facts straight.  BTW, do you have one?  I rest my case.

opinion or fact?

I'm gunna go with opinion... 

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

highly efficient gov't grant $$$$ to boot!  

What'a fucking treat, eh?

50 minutes ago, racer254 said:

My nephew lives in Minneapolis. He purchased a Kia EV last year after selling a CRV. He’s been on a trip out west and several to the family lake home in Price Co. He loves it. He has no intentions on getting another ICE. There’s a lot of people just like him. I think at the point the EV market is approaching saturation. Sales are cooling, but will still increase, but slowly. 

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Try again.  That proves shit.  You really are some lib POS

• Higher-income households (earning over $100,000 annually) account for 56% of EV owners in the United States.
  • Only 4% of EV owners in the U.S. have a household income of under $25,000 per year.

29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

• Higher-income households (earning over $100,000 annually) account for 56% of EV owners in the United States.
  • Only 4% of EV owners in the U.S. have a household income of under $25,000 per year.

Higher income households always support emerging technologies. Flat screen tv’s, EV vehicles, first PC’s, first laptops, car phones, etc. 

78% of EV owners also have a gas-powered vehicle in their household

While 78% of EV owner households also have a second gas-powered vehicle, the number of overall households with two or more cars has increased substantially, to 58% in 2017 from 22% in 1960. So while nearly 6 in 10 households have access to a second vehicle, nearly 8 in 10 early-adopting buyers of EVs have at least one or more other vehicles.

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Do they come in a van model?

9 hours ago, racer254 said:

what percentage of Americans make under $25k annually... and for those that are they're not buying ANY new car, ICE or EV.

as I've stated before, if manu's want to offer EV's and/or Hybrids and people want to buy them... fine with me.  let the free market determine the outcome.    I'm fully opposed to mandates and EV/Hybrid tax credits though... especially under the guise of 'climate change'.   same philosophy applies to wind and solar.      

want an EV or Hybrid?  there's plenty of used ones out there for pennies on the dollar of what they were new.

here... https://www.carfax.com/Used-Tesla_m60

653 used Tesla's under $30k within 500 miles of  my zip code.