Check your account email address ×

Unlikely Ally Ruth Bader Ginsburg Could Save Trump $355M

• Platinum Contributing Member

Every single time Trump wins in the appellate courts proves the political nature of these cases and will continue to bolster his support with many American's. 

The left is simply too deranged to comprehend that.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ruth-bader-ginsburg-donald-trump-eighth-amendment/2024/03/19/id/1157888/

In a unanimous decision, the U.S. Supreme Court said that it does, in fact, bind the states as well.

"The Excessive Fines Clause traces its venerable lineage back to at least 1215," Ginsburg wrote. "Magna Carta required that economic sanctions 'be proportioned to the wrong' and 'not be so large as to deprive [an offender] of his livelihood.'"

Timbs v. Indiana was the first time the Supreme Court had determined that the Eighth Amendment's excessive fines clause applied to the states.

In an opinion piece published recently in the Los Angeles Daily News, Susan Shelley outlined how the Supreme Court eventually found that the Bill of Rights applies to the federal and state levels and said Trump will be protected from the state of New York by that recognition.

The Eighth Amendment states, "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't count when the Orange devil is in play.

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm good with the $50... 

when he serves the time. 

:)

Serves time for defrauding nobody.   Brilliant. 

I can't wait until the SC slaps that fat, ignorant, corrupt cunt LeTWATia James and that fucking retarded judge Engoron the moron right in the cocksucker, it's gonna go something like this. 

The God of Slapping Is Back on Make a GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I can't wait until the SC slaps that fat, ignorant, corrupt cunt LeTWATia James and that fucking retarded judge Engoron the moron right in the cocksucker, it's gonna go something like this. 

The God of Slapping Is Back on Make a GIF

Why would the US Supreme Court hear a civil fraud case? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I highly doubt the courts in corrupt New York will do anything, the SC eventually will. This case is a total joke and needs to be tossed to the curb along with that fat cunt and nerd lawyer.

Just now, snoughnut said:

I highly doubt the courts in corrupt New York will do anything, the SC eventually will. This case is a total joke and needs to be tossed to the curb along with that fat cunt and nerd lawyer.

You sound angry. :lol: 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What?   Did you honestly just ask that?   Civil cases are often brought to the SC as they often deal with constitutional issues.   I'd venture a guess that a fairly significant to even majority of cases before the supreme court deal with civil issues and not criminal.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What?   Did you honestly just ask that?   Civil cases are often brought to the SC as they often deal with constitutional issues.   I'd venture a guess that a fairly significant to even majority of cases before the supreme court deal with civil issues and not criminal.  

They’d need to accept the case. After that Trump would have to show where the fine was inconsistent with the fraud or it prevented him from making rent or eating. I don’t see either occurring. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They’d need to accept the case. After that Trump would have to show where the fine was inconsistent with the fraud or it prevented him from making rent or eating. I don’t see either occurring. 

Want to put some money that the fine is dramatically reduced?

You honestly think the fine was consistent with fraud of this nature?   Hell find a case that is at all related to it. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s a possibility of fine reduction. There’s also the possibility that they’ll simply reject the case. 

Its so egregious I don't see them rejecting it.  Kind of like the Colorado case.   It involves more than just monetary penalties but possible influence on American's choice of political candidates. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its so egregious I don't see them rejecting it.  Kind of like the Colorado case.   It involves more than just monetary penalties but possible influence on American's choice of political candidates. 

I have a hard time getting lathered up over Trump getting fucked over considering how he handled past business associates. Karma sucks. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

She’s bothersome, but I don’t get that worked up over her type. 

It's more about the case, it should have never happened in the first place which makes her a massive cunt. :poke:

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Want to put some money that the fine is dramatically reduced?

You honestly think the fine was consistent with fraud of this nature?   Hell find a case that is at all related to it. 

The fraud where nobody was defrauded?

I have a hard time getting lathered up over Trump getting fucked over considering how he handled past business associates. Karma sucks. 

See, you think just like the gorilla that started this case, you're cut from the same cloth. :lmao:

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s funny because the other day you were taking several people to task for cheering Letitia James on…FFS you really are full of shit.😂

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

See, you think just like the gorilla that started this case, you're cut from the same cloth. :lmao:

I find both Biden and Trump as being trash. I hope nothing but the worst for both of them. Both can’t die fast enough. I’d even settle for a debilitating stroke. Neither care about America. If they did they’d understand that they are poison for the country and step aside. Your opinion of me isn’t even relevant. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I find both Biden and Trump as being trash. I hope nothing but the worst for both of them. Both can’t die fast enough. I’d even settle for a debilitating stroke. Neither care about America. If they did they’d understand that they are poison for the country and step aside. Your opinion of me isn’t even relevant. 

You are a mental defective….wow. Is it intentional or do you forget the shit you say from day to day?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s funny because the other day you were taking several people to task for cheering Letitia James on…FFS you really are full of shit.😂

She’s a rotting piece of shit. Both Trump and her deserve each other. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You are a mental defective….wow. Is it intentional or do you forget the shit you say from day to day?

She’s a rotting piece of shit. Both Trump and her deserve each other. 

:bong:

• Haha 2