Check your account email address ×

Inflation, Capitalism or good old fashioned Greed?

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It is greed. If you don’t like how they run their company it’s pretty simple don’t buy their products. Plenty of other cereal options out there.

I agree... but that wasn't the point.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I agree... but that wasn't the point.  ;)

look what they are doing to us with tires. they just keep going up and up. the answer is "you know, everything is gone crazy" no, you are fucking everyone 

• Like 3

More Oil, 10% Dividend Hike, Faster Share Buybacks: How BP Aims To Woo Investors

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gauravsharma/2024/02/08/more-oil-10-dividend-hike-faster-share-buybacks-how-bp-aims-to-woo-investors/?sh=122c53cc791f

Exxon sees big earnings boost from cost cuts, will increase share buybacks after Pioneer deal closes

Exxon said it’s on track to grow its earnings and cash flow by $14 billion over the next four years.

The oil giant plans to increase its annual share repurchase program to $20 billion in 2024 through 2025 after the Pioneer merger closes, up from $17.5 billion in 2023.

Exxon is also boosting its investments in lower carbon emissions projects to $20 billion through 2027, up from $17 billion previously.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/exxon-sees-big-earnings-boost-from-cost-cuts-will-increase-share-buybacks-after-pioneer-deal-closes.html

@Pete likes to finger point over gas prices and groceries. 

@ViperGTS/Z1 thinks the price of gas is so high because of Keystone XL and if Dipshit Donny gets into office big corporations will bow down and drop the price at the pump by at least 10%

Main Street is fucking ignorant... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

look what they are doing to us with tires. they just keep going up and up. the answer is "you know, everything is gone crazy" no, you are fucking everyone 

look at the price of the most basic 1/2 regular cab pickup from Ford, GM or Ram... remember when a base model Jeep was 'cheap'?    how about a $13K msrp base model snowmobile.   it's not just inflation adjusted

people seem misguided in their beliefs of how/why/who everything is nutty

we had a guy call say he needed a new truck, doesn't care what one but has to be 600.00 a month. couldn't do it. 750.00 was the bottom. a local traded in a sweet 13 sierra 1500. garaged most of it's life. i told him over and over to keep it. finally he just trades it for a 17 silverado 1500. his payments are like 650 now. and the 17 is junk. he chose the wrong one because he liked the looks. i called my buddy , dude you need to buy this 13 , so he did. he was shocked at it's condition. he paid cash and has no payments at all. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we had a guy call say he needed a new truck, doesn't care what one but has to be 600.00 a month. couldn't do it. 750.00 was the bottom. a local traded in a sweet 13 sierra 1500. garaged most of it's life. i told him over and over to keep it. finally he just trades it for a 17 silverado 1500. his payments are like 650 now. and the 17 is junk. he chose the wrong one because he liked the looks. i called my buddy , dude you need to buy this 13 , so he did. he was shocked at it's condition. he paid cash and has no payments at all. 

the cheapest...

4wd 1/2T Chevy P/U you can buy (reg cab, short box 2.7L) is $42,045 MSRP 

4wd 1/2T Ford F-150 (reg cab, short box 5.0L) is $44,225 

for example... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

More Oil, 10% Dividend Hike, Faster Share Buybacks: How BP Aims To Woo Investors

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gauravsharma/2024/02/08/more-oil-10-dividend-hike-faster-share-buybacks-how-bp-aims-to-woo-investors/?sh=122c53cc791f

Exxon sees big earnings boost from cost cuts, will increase share buybacks after Pioneer deal closes

Exxon said it’s on track to grow its earnings and cash flow by $14 billion over the next four years.

The oil giant plans to increase its annual share repurchase program to $20 billion in 2024 through 2025 after the Pioneer merger closes, up from $17.5 billion in 2023.

Exxon is also boosting its investments in lower carbon emissions projects to $20 billion through 2027, up from $17 billion previously.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/exxon-sees-big-earnings-boost-from-cost-cuts-will-increase-share-buybacks-after-pioneer-deal-closes.html

@Pete likes to finger point over gas prices and groceries. 

@ViperGTS/Z1 thinks the price of gas is so high because of Keystone XL and if Dipshit Donny gets into office big corporations will bow down and drop the price at the pump by at least 10%

Main Street is fucking ignorant... 

Good....could give a shit. Wife's Exxon stock is thru the roof .:bc:.... She's actually been a smarter investor than I have the last few years    I got rid of my Exxon stock and all stocks except 1 risky Biotech.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Good....could give a shit. Wife's Exxon stock is thru the roof .:bc:.... She's actually been a smarter investor than I have the last few years    I got rid of my Exxon stock and all stocks except 1 risky Biotech.

So fuck everyone else as long as you get yours?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

So fuck everyone else as long as you get yours?

Absolutely ....thank you!!..:thumbsup:. If people were smart they would all be in on Exxon shares.  It's not rocket science

That being said...with this EV push I thought Exxon would be hurting.....dumped mine and kicking myself.   But wife's doing well

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yet you bitch about gas prices

Can you see your own hypocrisy yet? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yet you bitch about gas prices

Can you see your own hypocrisy yet? 

When the hell have I bitched about gas prices?..... I'm actually hoping they go up in price running into the election... I'm good with five or six bucks:bc:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

When the hell have I bitched about gas prices?..... I'm actually hoping they go up in price running into the election... I'm good with five or six bucks:bc:

tell @Petethat...

my oil profits and dividends kick the ever loving shit out of XOM 

;)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

tell @Petethat...

my oil profits and dividends kick the ever loving shit out of XOM 

;)

Well ,Aren't you special :lmao:

Sad thing is the wife will never sell because she doesn't want to pay taxes... Exxon stock could go to a thousand she still won't sell a single share.  So it's basically meaningless She will just pass this down to the kids

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well ,Aren't you special :lmao:

Sad thing is the wife will never sell because she doesn't want to pay taxes... Exxon stock could go to a thousand she still won't sell a single share.  So it's basically meaningless She will just pass this down to the kids

I've been doing it for quite some time... 

Not saying it isn't a sound long term investment, but if she's held it more than twelve months the cap gains is much less and if she were to sell bits and pieces incrementally over time the tax exposure isn't nearly as bad.  does she take the taxable dividends or is she enrolled in the divvy reinvested option?  maybe talk to your tax or financial planner.  LT assets of that nature always makes a good rainy day fund.  ;)

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've been doing it for quite some time... 

Not saying it isn't a sound long term investment, but if she's held it more than twelve months the cap gains is much less and if she were to sell bits and pieces incrementally over time the tax exposure isn't nearly as bad.  does she take the taxable dividends or is she enrolled in the divvy reinvested option?  maybe talk to your tax or financial planner.  LT assets of that nature always makes a good rainy day fund.  ;)

Most of this.stock has been passed down from her mom.... she's had it for years.... The dividends are just rolled into more stock.   She'll never sell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Most of this.stock has been passed down from her mom.... she's had it for years.... The dividends are just rolled into more stock.   She'll never sell

that mitigates tax exposure

I get it ... ;)

See ticker BMI on a max chart

So typical of people when looking at big corps financials.   Oh my god they paid a $300 million dividend!  

GM's net income from normal operations is about 12% and normalized EBITDA around 18%.

If you don't like how a company is ran don't buy their products. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GIS/financials/

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So typical of people when looking at big corps financials.   Oh my god they paid a $300 million dividend!  

GM's net income from normal operations is about 12% and normalized EBITDA around 18%.

If you don't like how a company is ran don't buy their products. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GIS/financials/

so it's Biden's fault?  :snack: