Check your account email address ×

Work til you die.. not a bad philosophy

Just now, Steve753 said:

You think it matters to me what you think? :lol:

I think that bloviating paragraph he pecked out screams YES he does :lol:

Wonder why he's still working at his age??? Should be retired by now :dunno:

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

You responded to me, so I guess you do.  It's OK though - we all know you're a liar :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Impossible!!!! Pugsly says you hated your job and by hell or high water you dam well better agree with him!

Well he's a secretary so I can understand his position, other than flowers on Secretary Day he gets zero thanks.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, HSR said:

I think that bloviating paragraph he pecked out screams YES he does :lol:

Wonder why he's still working at his age??? Should be retired by now :dunno:

Jesus christ! :lol:

Sounds like he has young children maybe.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Impossible!!!! Pugsly says you hated your job and by hell or high water you dam well better agree with him!

Where did I say drama queen hated her job?

47 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Everyone i know who's retired loved their jobs, even my father and mother.

Most people who continue to work into their 60s can't retire because of their lifestyle. Take you for instance. It would suck having 2 big mortgages like you have that you'll pass on to your children.

29 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sorry Steve but I'm calling bullshit on that.  You either live in some sort of Pennsylvanian utopia, or you're flat out lying.  Sure, there's people who enjoy their jobs but EVERYONE?  Maybe you only know a handful of retirees?  I'd bet at least 50% who retired would say they TOLERATED their job .... it sure as hell ain't 100% who loved it.  I know my dad didn't love his job - he took a package early just to get out because he was sick of seeing the direction the business was going.  I have multiple other buddies who have retired, and all but maybe 2 or 3 would have said their place of employment was more about being content with it vs. loving it.

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

I had an AWESOME job/pay/benefits for life/pension. Minus the 12 hr shift work it was great, worked with quite a few lifelong friends and made many many new ones.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Where did I say drama queen hated her job?

HSR is the only one I know.

I set myself up differently than most, i was self employed at 30 as an owner operator. I take july through November off work every year and long weekends through sled season. It's definitely affecting my retirement savings but i enjoyed life while i was young and could do anything i wanted. My plan is to keep at this schedule untill I'm 60 then go haul rv's. Basically get paid to tour around the country untill i die. The only thing that sucks about this is all your friends end up being old because people your age are all slaving away at work while you're out having fun

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Thats a good run.  Hopefully he was good health to the end.  My dad has awesome genes. They live into their 90’s . Moms side if you make it into  60s you’re doing good. 

My dad lived to 94, started a big decline around 88 had to move him into a home at 90.  Mom is 87 and still going well, still lives at home.  

29 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The mortgages you have. 

Don't confuse me with yourself.

Have have no clue what you're doing.

You know the propaganda is working great when people actually argue for there to not be retirement. 

My grandpa died in his mid 60s basically having no retirement. My father has worked 6 days a week all of his life with hardly a vacation until the last 5 or so years. He's 67 now and drives maybe 20-30 hours per week so semi-retired. He'll probably never fully retire. He works because he wants to, not because he has to. Obviously I hope he has plenty of years left.

I'll be damned if I'm going to work in my 60s because I have to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

He was fucking Covid got him just passed 2-14

Sorry to hear. I almost lost my Dad to Covid . He was in perfect health. My buddy, who is paramedic,  went and got him.  He wouldn’t listen or  go to hospital with no one else. When he loaded him up, I figured this is it. Never going to see him again. 

many jobs like mine in the new car business used to be awesome. i started in 1985. now between the junk, the people, the manufacturer, etc. it is much less enjoyable. i moved to manufacturing for a bit to try something else, i found that worse. returned to cars. i started in the business because of my love for cars. now it's just survival and nothing more. now my boss may be ill and that will dump even more on my plate. 

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My dad lived to 94, started a big decline around 88 had to move him into a home at 90.  Mom is 87 and still going well, still lives at home.  

Having to go in home is tough.  I never want that. My grandma was was still golfing in her 80’s . My great grandma lived to 98 . Never saw a day in the hospital. 

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't confuse me with yourself.

Have have no clue what you're doing.

Who is have have?

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Having to go in home is tough.  I never want that. My grandma was was still golfing in her 80’s . My great grandma lived to 98 . Never saw a day in the hospital. 

We never thought we would do that, but it was really what he wanted.

14 minutes ago, SSFB said:

You know the propaganda is working great when people actually argue for there to not be retirement. 

My grandpa died in his mid 60s basically having no retirement. My father has worked 6 days a week all of his life with hardly a vacation until the last 5 or so years. He's 67 now and drives maybe 20-30 hours per week so semi-retired. He'll probably never fully retire. He works because he wants to, not because he has to. Obviously I hope he has plenty of years left.

I'll be damned if I'm going to work in my 60s because I have to. 

Could have left in my mid-50s...money wasn't an issue I chose to work longer but not long enough I guess. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You don't know shit about investments and making your $$$ work for you.

I thought it was a timeshare.:lol:

Ok 40 year mortgage guy.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stay in your own world.

Gladly!

:lol:

58 minutes ago, SSFB said:

It really is unbelievable. I'm the "bad guy" for retiring as early as I did. 

Brainwashed.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

You know the propaganda is working great when people actually argue for there to not be retirement

It’s amazing. Trump has a slip of the tongue, and his followers all of the sudden think retiring is a liberal thing. WTF.:lol:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well you were a slave to the job, so.

I did what I had to do to get where I wanted to be in life:thumbsup: