Check your account email address ×

‘25 Polaris - amazing shit coming or they aren’t coming out with shit?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

call me crazy but that doesn't look like a Polaris... 

I’m supposed to post a photo of a Polaris now? :dunno:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

JFC does Stupid Steve ever stop with this shit? Fucking clown gets worse by the day.

Exactly.  How many times have people said "Knock the shit off and quit ruining every fucking thread" ... and he's at the core of it every time.  And then he likes to tell other people all they do is stir up drama?  Yeah, okay :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back on topic ... any wagers on whether or not there will be a 9R Boost, as claimed by the so-called "owner" of this forum? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Exactly.  How many times have people said "Knock the shit off and quit ruining every fucking thread" ... and he's at the core of it every time.  And then he likes to tell other people all they do is stir up drama?  Yeah, okay :lol:

Hey fat ass, don’t you have the bottom of a KFC bucket to find? :nudie:

7 hours ago, AK440 said:

You are a gwaddamn moron. How do you go from telling everyone to turn their clickers to full soft for a rough trail to then saying a snox sled rides too stiff? :backpeddle: :idiot::snack:

Derp.  Makes sense.  Take a sled made for taking 75' jumps and ride it on 1-2' chatter shit.  Can be serio perfect for both.

For fuck sakes, have you even ever ridden a sled???

On 3/2/2024 at 2:06 PM, Deephaven said:

Backwards.  Smooth I crank them up so that they don't bottom on jumps and big stuff.  If it's rough soften them to make the suspension do it's job.

Bwahahaha! You go from this. :idiot:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Derp.  Makes sense.  Take a sled made for taking 75' jumps and ride it on 1-2' chatter shit.  Can be serio perfect for both.

For fuck sakes, have you even ever ridden a sled???

To this. :owned:

Congratulations, you’ve just proven you know jackshit about sleds or suspension.:lol2: Go back to your Facebook groups circle jerk about what wrap to get. 

• Like 1

The big stuff to me is jumping road approaches and the like.  If you owned a capable sled maybe you would try it.  Not my fault your idea of a ride is like what my grandmother would like.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The big stuff to me is jumping road approaches and the like.  If you owned a capable sled maybe you would try it.  Not my fault your idea of a ride is like what my grandmother would like.

His idea of a ride is nothing related to snowmobiles ... you should know that by now :lol2:

Less than 8 hours to go before the unveiling.  Despite the prediction of a 9R Boost, I don't see that happening just for the fact it makes no sense to turbo the 9R in addition to the 850 Boost.  If Polaris were to add an additional turbo I'd expect that in the 4-stroke sleds but that's just me.  100% speculation on my part, but I just can't see the 9R being boosted.

The bigger question is going to be, what will Polaris actually get for snow check volumes in 2025?!?  I wonder how close Cat will be with the 858 orders (if production was equal).

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Less than 8 hours to go before the unveiling.  Despite the prediction of a 9R Boost, I don't see that happening just for the fact it makes no sense to turbo the 9R in addition to the 850 Boost.  If Polaris were to add an additional turbo I'd expect that in the 4-stroke sleds but that's just me.  100% speculation on my part, but I just can't see the 9R being boosted.

The bigger question is going to be, what will Polaris actually get for snow check volumes in 2025?!?  I wonder how close Cat will be with the 858 orders (if production was equal).

from a tech standpoint it would be as easy, or easier to make more hp by adding boost to the 850, than boosting the 9r

47 minutes ago, krom said:

from a tech standpoint it would be as easy, or easier to make more hp by adding boost to the 850, than boosting the 9r

Exactly, turboing the 9 would negate all the things it does better than the boost. 2 totally different markets for the mountain riders. My son said the 9 was better for tight technical riding in the trees and such but found the boost to be more fun in the open areas and hill climbing. He bought the boost.

Releasing anything groundbreaking this year would be silly after the winter we just had. Will be a slow market next year.

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You are the very definition of riding like a grandmother. Not knowing that stiffening the damping for a rough trails allows you to go faster proves it. 

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

You will see I’m right in a few more hours. 

This will be the lowest snowcheck season for Polaris since they invented the program in the 80’s. 

Just now, Deephaven said:

9R XCR and I'll be happy.

Stop, just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself. Have you considered the EVO 550? It is more your speed. Then guys won’t make fun of you for riding 10 mph over the whoops with your clickers set full soft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

You are the very definition of riding like a grandmother. Not knowing that stiffening the damping for a rough trails allows you to go faster proves it. 

So there is no such thing as too stiff.  Derp.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Exactly, turboing the 9 would negate all the things it does better than the boost. 2 totally different markets for the mountain riders. My son said the 9 was better for tight technical riding in the trees and such but found the boost to be more fun in the open areas and hill climbing. He bought the boost.

Releasing anything groundbreaking this year would be silly after the winter we just had. Will be a slow market next year.

The boost 850 lacks low end response and the 9R lacks top end. A turbo on a 9R makes it the best combination. 

Dumbass, that is what you implied.  In order to deal with jumps my are turned up.  When the trail gets rough they are too stiff and need to be turned down.  You have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The boost 850 lacks low end response and the 9R lacks top end. A turbo on a 9R makes it the best combination. 

turbo has more top end because it makes more hp

I haven't torn down and measured both engines, but I'm willing to bet the 9 has higher compression ratio, and different porting than the turbo machine, hence the better response.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Dumbass, that is what you implied.  In order to deal with jumps my are turned up.  When the trail gets rough they are too stiff and need to be turned down.  You have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old.

Just admit you have no clue what the clickers do and you just spin them to try and look cool in the bar parking lot. Does it make you angry that Jimwit is a much faster rider than you? 

• Like 1

Just now, krom said:

turbo has more top end because it makes more hp

I haven't torn down and measured both engines, but I'm willing to bet the 9 has higher compression ratio, and different porting than the turbo machine, hence the better response.

image.png.f91428a562c7f4eb7b4f292ba3efc7ba.png

So an 850, 850 Boost, 9R, and a 9R Boost?  It doesn't make sense unless they entirely change course on the 850 ... which I don't see happening (not this year anyway).