Check your account email address ×

2025 ZR 7000

5 minutes ago, krom said:

There is a 7000..

Looks like somone in GA who doesn't know anything about sleds put together the brochure....

image.png.53b18dbd217227b44d41669545d5ab4c.png

Maybe this "person from GA"  can show us how easy it is to pull start a 4 smoke?

11 minutes ago, krom said:

There is a 7000..

Looks like somone in GA who doesn't know anything about sleds put together the brochure....

image.png.53b18dbd217227b44d41669545d5ab4c.png

I really want to see the manual starter now... 

crankstart.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Do we know that the 2025 zr7000 will be a four stroke?

I thought they were going away from the thousand model names?

Yeah it’s the same crappy Yamaha 1049. My guess this is it and everything Yamaha goes away when they are done in 2025. Then cat moves on to whatever their 4 stroke plan is that probably won’t have anything to do with a Yamaha engine. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Do we know that the 2025 zr7000 will be a four stroke?

I thought they were going away from the thousand model names?

My bet:

The name change will come with the new engine, and chassis.

• Like 1

So still making the procross for 25?  And blast?

I'd imagine the blast goes away when PC does.  The catalyst would have to be a better 7/8 sled it's already 7/8 the size of PC.  

5 minutes ago, krom said:

My bet:

The name change will come with the new engine, and chassis.

Would be smart on their part to have a dedicated 4 stroke chassis and let the catalyst house the 2 smoke so we don’t have a repeat of the procross. When they want to make changes to the 2 stroke they won’t have to worry about it not fitting a 4 stroke and vise versa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So still making the procross for 25?  And blast?

I'd imagine the blast goes away when PC does.  The catalyst would have to be a better 7/8 sled it's already 7/8 the size of PC.  

Blast is renamed the zr400. The blast name is gone in 25. Sno goer posted the whole line up in an article today. 

Basically for 25 the procross is the current 4 strokes, and pantera 

the catalyst is the 2 strokes 

blast name is dropped. 

Edited by Not greg b

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Would be smart on their part to have a dedicated 4 stroke chassis and let the catalyst house the 2 smoke so we don’t have a repeat of the procross. When they want to make changes to the 2 stroke they won’t have to worry about it not fitting a 4 stroke and vise versa.

Make a new tube steel "bulkhead" and plastics, and you have a catalyst with room for a 4 stroke.

Have marketing come up with a cool name and call it a new chassis..

If they some with a 3 cylinder, zrt would be perfect.....

Edited by krom

2 minutes ago, krom said:

Make a new tube steel "bulkhead" and plastics, and you have a catalyst with room for a 4 stroke.

Have marketing come up with a cool name and call it a new chassis..

If they some with a 3 cylinder, zrt would be perfect.....

I see country cat is dumping 24 zr7000. Have them at 13,999 and eating freight and set up. Why would you even order a 25 now??? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see country cat is dumping 24 zr7000. Have them at 13,999 and eating freight and set up. Why would you even order a 25 now??? 

Its a weird deal, supposedly people claim to like them, but they've never sold for crap.  I don't like them at all, there is no situation I can think of that a 600 isn't better.

CC was trying to blow out leftovers last time they built them lol.  My bet is they ordered them wanting to have somthing to be able to sell in season.  But no snow=no sales, and now they are leftovers.

Edited by krom

26 minutes ago, krom said:

Its a weird deal, supposedly people claim to like them, but they've never sold for crap.  I don't like them at all, there is no situation I can think of that a 600 isn't better.

CC was trying to blow out leftovers last time they built them lol.  My bet is they ordered them wanting to have somthing to be able to sell in season.  But no snow=no sales, and now they are leftovers.

They have been posting other 23 and 24 models in a "brown ground sale"

55 minutes ago, krom said:

having owned one - they are a great gas and go sled for a non aggressive rider - the minute you get aggressive with it the trail manners go to shit I had to put larger shocks on to make it handle and even then it was far from perfect with zero aftermarket offering aside from shocks.