Check your account email address ×

Ski doo 850 competition turbo dyno

Rod

Just now, Rigid1 said:

On the bold, riding elevation...

Prolly take well to a good clutch job..

:hdchr:

:lol:

But in all seriousness with any elevation it's going to be noticable better than an N/A motor..

And people will buy anything if it says turbo on it.. so sell sell sell

Yes for sure at elevation it’s a big deal. But it’s just turbo normalized for faggot skidoo. As I recall now they are actually letting the new program build a little boost but that’s just to try and keep up with Polaris who is destroying them 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes for sure at elevation it’s a big deal. But it’s just turbo normalized for faggot skidoo. As I recall now they are actually letting the new program build a little boost but that’s just to try and keep up with Polaris who is destroying them 

Polaris is definitely on top of their game..

I need a sled..

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Polaris is definitely on top of their game..

I need a sled..

I was hoping to sell this year and not ride but looks like I won’t be able to sell shit and I still won’t ride lol. We will be having a brown Christmas 

• Sad 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I was hoping to sell this year and not ride but looks like I won’t be able to sell shit and I still won’t ride lol. We will be having a brown Christmas 

I sold late season last year. Selling my house in the spring and moving in with the GF :suicide:

So looking for next year, I don't need to latest or greatest, just want to get out and ride..

Hope all is well Ben:bc:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I sold late season last year. Selling my house in the spring and moving in with the GF :suicide:

So looking for next year, I don't need to latest or greatest, just want to get out and ride..

Hey, offers open again if you can rustle up a sled.  We have an extra BR at Trump Tower this winter.  :lol:   :bc: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey, offers open again if you can rustle up a sled.  We have an extra BR at Trump Tower this winter.  :lol:   :bc: 

I need a sled!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

I just don’t see the point of all the cost and complexity in a flat land sled u less they are going to give us a legit 200hp. That seems to be the number where it will give you a smile.

100% 

turbo and meth injection and bet it’s still slower than a 1000 Mach 

they would have been further ahead making a new 185-190 HP NA 950

this competition 850 turbo is pure stupidity 

Imagine trying to keep that thing alive in 8 years or so 

9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I’m doing well , thanks and likewise 

17 hours ago, HSR said:

IIRC the boost made 196hp stock on their dyno.

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They recently installed a new dyno. Their old one was always 10+ hp higher. They had a stock ctech 800 showing 168hp out of the the box where everyone else was in the mid 150s. It will be interesting to see what the other shops see stock out of it 

So that's what around 185 for the boost and 190 for the Doo.

Just now, nacapster said:

So that's what around 185 for the boost and 190 for the Doo.

Hard to say, they had their old dyno for years and was always off, have they learned how to run this one correctly? A dyno is only as good as its operator and can be fudged pretty easy. Alsled caught them when they showed their dyno screen on HCS fudging the numbers. The :backpeddle: was pretty funny.

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

first year was turbo normalized the R motors are a normal turbo like poo.  and at least in the mountains they seem comparable have to see how they are side by side in the flatlands.  

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

first year was turbo normalized the R motors are a normal turbo like poo.  and at least in the mountains they seem comparable have to see how they are side by side in the flatlands.  

It’s all academic for me regardless. I sure as fuck ain’t spending 25k for a 185hp sled. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s all academic for me regardless. I sure as fuck ain’t spending 25k for a 185hp sled. 

if i had sold my BC on my own I'd have prob not picked up my new one as i have found some deals on 23 boosts assualts just to try one.   

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if i had sold my BC on my own I'd have prob not picked up my new one as i have found some deals on 23 boosts assualts just to try one.   

I’m sure they are awesome , it’s just too much money