Check your account email address ×

It’s right around the corner.

• Gold Member

Luckily I dont have to deal with any shitty libtard relatives again this year. Ive seemed to scare them all off for good. :news:

Headed to my Mom's house it will be just Her and her Boyfriend , and then my Sister, her Husband and my 3 nephews. I'm gonna deep fry the Turkey. 

Then probably stop by my Dads on the way home for a drink or two with Him and his Wife. 

• Like 5

We gave up the boring, drama filled, family thanksgiving years ago.  We have been doing Friendsgiving for years.  What started out with about 10 of us grew to about 80 last weekend. I married my buddy and his longtime girlfriend.  Next year we are definitely scaling it back,  way too much.  Exhausted!!! Going to spend thanksgiving with just our kids, watch the Lions win, and relax. 

• Like 4

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

We gave up the boring, drama filled, family thanksgiving years ago.  We have been doing Friendsgiving for years.  What started out with about 10 of us grew to about 80 last weekend. I married my buddy and his longtime girlfriend.  Next year we are definitely scaling it back,  way too much.  Exhausted!!! Going to spend thanksgiving with just our kids, watch the Lions win, and relax. 

I was invited to a neighbors Friendsgiving few weeks back . ....Never met half the people there. It was drama filled and political arguments ensued... I steered clear best I could :lol:  

• Platinum Contributing Member

New or re-occurring cancer diagnosis on both sides of the family in the past couple weeks so no large get togethers as they are both starting chemo.   Pretty somber times as both are very serious.

For turkey day likely watch the Skins and play some sim golf.  Maybe go sit in a bow stand.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I was invited to a neighbors Friendsgiving few weeks back . ....Never met half the people there. It was drama filled and political arguments ensued... I steered clear best I could :lol:  

We had a pretty drama free event for the amount of people. 
Rule #1. NO politics!!!!

Had one drunk who wouldn’t stop telling another neighbor if he didn’t lock it down with his girlfriend, he was making his move. One of my buddies told him ….enough.  They were going to take it outside, but it was quickly diffused after he was told he was going to get his ass kicked. .  We were kind of worried we wouldn’t be able to get everyone to leave at a reasonable hour but everyone filed out by midnight. Too many people.  Next year we want to get it back to about 30. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We had a pretty drama free event for the amount of people. 
Rule #1. NO politics!!!!

Had one drunk who wouldn’t stop telling another neighbor if he didn’t lock it down with his girlfriend, he was making his move. One of my buddies told him ….enough.  They were going to take it outside, but it was quickly diffused after he was told he was going to get his ass kicked. .  We were kind of worried we wouldn’t be able to get everyone to leave at a reasonable hour but everyone filed out by midnight. Too many people.  Next year we want to get it back to about 30. 

If I spent a holiday with 30 or more people, family or not, I’d be homicidal. Fuck that. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If I spent a holiday with 30 or more people, family or not, I’d be homicidal. Fuck that. 

When you have a lot of friends, that is the way it works out.  Honestly, I was so wiped out from the preparation, worrying about doing the wedding ceremony, I didn’t do much socializing.  I sat at my table with my best buddies and sipped my drinks.  

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

When you have a lot of friends, that is the way it works out.  Honestly, I was so wiped out from the preparation, worrying about doing the wedding ceremony, I didn’t do much socializing.  I sat at my table with my best buddies and sipped my drinks.  

Yeah, I have zero desire for that kind of situation. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Going to my Nieces house….we are bringing my secret family stuffing, green nean casserole and a Pecan Pie. Starts at 4:00 so I’ll be able to watch the Lions in peace on my own couch.👊🏻😂

• Like 1