Check your account email address ×

here we go again

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Can't wait to ride this year.  :bc: 

me too, didn't get snow last year and year before I fucked my back up finishing up trail work so 2.5 miles is all I have ridden in the last 2 years>:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hear ya on the "now if we just get snow this year" comment .... we're feeling the same way here in southeast MN.  Our trails are still in need of marking, but we have to wait until deer season is over next weekend.  Some pics from a bridge project our club was working on yesterday

image.thumb.png.12f191fb57bea3cfa78fcab1ae3c92fc.png

image.thumb.png.394d4caa1d3bdeaf872cbb2fd95644f4.png

image.thumb.png.6108f57064217392477e908423f9dd00.png

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I hear ya on the "now if we just get snow this year" comment .... we're feeling the same way here in southeast MN.  Our trails are still in need of marking, but we have to wait until deer season is over next weekend.  Some pics from a bridge project our club was working on yesterday

image.thumb.png.12f191fb57bea3cfa78fcab1ae3c92fc.png

image.thumb.png.394d4caa1d3bdeaf872cbb2fd95644f4.png

image.thumb.png.6108f57064217392477e908423f9dd00.png

i try to get most of my private property signed before opening day, providing the crops are off, but most is wide open areas so I can sneak around during the season I just go out mid-day so I don't bother the hunters, I have strobes on my wheeler and wear my work safety vest just to be sure they see me

Yep - crops (corn) has been our biggest obstacle this fall.  We had a pretty good window to try and get out about a month ago, but the combination of corn and then a bunch of rain - basically kept us from getting a good head start on the trails.  We're hoping the week after Thanksgiving weekend is good weather, and then we'll get out there to try and finish everything before December 1st.  That said, it wouldn't be the first time we're not completely done with trail maintenance by Dec 1.

Those pics you've got with your section of trail ... I'm sure they look 100x better with snow!! :bc:

15 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Signed a section yesterday after confirming the land owners weren’t hunting - yeah, had a nice little walk back to the truck…

42F249DD-60A1-458C-A4BF-CD453D5E0005.jpeg

Can you wrap the clutch like a snowmobile? Never owned a quad.

I did have the same problem firing up the snowblower ... took longer to drive to the hardware store than repair the recoil. 

Edited by SkisNH

9 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Can you wrap the clutch like a snowmobile? Never owned a quad.

I did have the same problem firing up the snowblower ... took longer to drive to the hardware store than repair the recoil. 

Clutch is covered - so no.  Happened to have some rope in the shop so fixed it pretty quick after getting it home.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Signed a section yesterday after confirming the land owners weren’t hunting - yeah, had a nice little walk back to the truck…

42F249DD-60A1-458C-A4BF-CD453D5E0005.jpeg

put a brand new battery in my Ranger just so my old fat ass didn't have do the walk of shame back to the truck

6 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

put a brand new battery in my Ranger just so my old fat ass didn't have do the walk of shame back to the truck

It has crossed my mind but I just don’t use it often enough to care - I’m not buying one now as it will sit until next spring pulling signs…

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yep - crops (corn) has been our biggest obstacle this fall.  We had a pretty good window to try and get out about a month ago, but the combination of corn and then a bunch of rain - basically kept us from getting a good head start on the trails.  We're hoping the week after Thanksgiving weekend is good weather, and then we'll get out there to try and finish everything before December 1st.  That said, it wouldn't be the first time we're not completely done with trail maintenance by Dec 1.

Those pics you've got with your section of trail ... I'm sure they look 100x better with snow!! :bc:

that trail used to be a local trail which is an old railroad bed, 4 years ago the county came through and widened it, rebuilt a bridge and is now park of The Erie Canal Heritage corroridor walking/biking trail, they allow our club used of it in the winter, where the pics were taken the original Erie canal passed under it, the newer NYS barge canal is 50 to the right

• Like 1

• Gold Member

First time in 3 years that I have my signing done without frost in the ground.  It was a treat.  Pounding fiberglass signs through frozen ground sucks balls.  I do have a little tree work to do but I don't have lumberjack status to handle this twisted up mess!!!  Tractor and grapple makes quick work of most of it though.  

IMG_20231117_131953807_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231117_130533408.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

This bridge crosses the barge canal and the county rebuilt it for the trail it is 220' long, I put the rubber belting down the middle to protect from studs

20201213_140632.jpg

We used old tracks that a couple dealers saved up for us.

PC160366.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doug said:

We used old tracks that a couple dealers saved up for us.

PC160366.JPG

my belting is from aggregate conveyors from the black top plants I haul liquid hot asphalt to, they are also our parent company and donated the used belting to our club

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...