Check your account email address ×

Something different

After plowing with a truck for 35 years,  I retired from the plowing business and after my regular truck had a electrical meltdown and forced into buying a new truck I did not want to put plow on it so bought a plow for my Ranger, should work fine for just plowing my own driveway 

20231113_174320.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Skeeter21i said:

I plow a pile of laneways up here in Muskoka with the Defender and a 7' plow. Amazing how much they push. The short wheelbase compared to a pick up truck makes life a lot easier in tight spots.

IMG_20231011_141846_986.jpg

the  one I bought is 72" Denalli, I wanted just the straight blade but thy sent "country plow" which like a highway plow, it's a lot heavier duty than it looked like on the internet

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have been plowing with mine for a few years now. Way better than a pickup on small driveways and better than a quad as the added weight makes it so the plow doesn't push you around. Good old Pepe the mule.

PXL_20210219_130753886.jpg

Kinda why I didn't want to put a plow on the new truck, just doing my own driveway a truck is overkill so it will be easier to plow around shit with the Ranger, I have a Kubota BX tractor with a loader if we get more than the wheeler can handle, Ranger has hardcab and heat

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have been plowing with mine for a few years now. Way better than a pickup on small driveways and better than a quad as the added weight makes it so the plow doesn't push you around. Good old Pepe the mule.

PXL_20210219_130753886.jpg

going to put my plow plate on this weekend

mule.jpg

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Have one for my Ranger but only had a dusting of snow all last year.... so still haven't tried it out ...Didn't even break out a shovel.

Lack of snow the last few years was the reason I finally gave up the plowing business and the need to upgrade truck in the next couple of years, I just hope I didn't buy too much plow for a 500 Ranger but my driveway is fairly small, hoping i will be ok

• Gold Member

I am glad to hear you guys are having success plowing with one of those.  I just picked this guy up in August and ordered the plow.  Got it installed last week and it sure looks sweet.  Hopefully the added weight of the Expedition will help me.  The old guy that used to plow for me in his tractor ran into my neighbors house twice last winter.  I really didn't need him to run into mine.  

IMG_20231112_141410726.jpg

IMG_20231112_141432578.jpg

23 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I am glad to hear you guys are having success plowing with one of those.  I just picked this guy up in August and ordered the plow.  Got it installed last week and it sure looks sweet.  Hopefully the added weight of the Expedition will help me.  The old guy that used to plow for me in his tractor ran into my neighbors house twice last winter.  I really didn't need him to run into mine.  

IMG_20231112_141410726.jpg

IMG_20231112_141432578.jpg

I looked at the Polaris plow, they were stupid over priced and could only get 66" for mine, went 72" denalli for much cheaper and seems to be built a lot tougher with more bracing, like I said I don't have a big driveway so I hope I didn't get too much plow for the wheeler

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I looked at the Polaris plow, they were stupid over priced and could only get 66" for mine, went 72" denalli for much cheaper and seems to be built a lot tougher with more bracing, like I said I don't have a big driveway so I hope I didn't get too much plow for the wheeler

Thats fine.  I bought the Polaris one and am very happy with it.  On/off is a breeze.  Like 45 seconds.  Got the controller on top of the shifter.  Value to me.  

32 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Thats fine.  I bought the Polaris one and am very happy with it.  On/off is a breeze.  Like 45 seconds.  Got the controller on top of the shifter.  Value to me.  

probably would have gone with the Polaris if I would have been able to get a 72" blade, my dealer had everything in stock, $400 less for what I got, just heavier than it looked can't wait to try it out

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

First real chance to try out new plow, 9" of heavy wet shit, happy with it

20240107_112849.jpg

Nice Rich! Did a good job, the snow was frigging heavy for sure, seemed to push it without issue 

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Nice Rich! Did a good job, the snow was frigging heavy for sure, seemed to push it without issue 

Even broke sled out for a rip